Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I have been hammering on this Pomegranate mango loose leaf tea from a local hippie store. Shit is delicious.

You should have seen the look on the vegan granola crunchers when the smokey straight piped flatbed dually rolled up taking up 2 parking spots. I hop out with my filthy work boots and clothes on. Stroll in and start trying to find a new loose leaf tea I want. I don't really ever open carry my XDs since it's easy to conceal, but that would have topped the whole thing off.

I think you're missing a trick by not strolling in with a six-shooter on your hip.

I don't have a dirty Harry 44mag. It's been on dad and I's wishlist. I shot his. 357mag a ton as a kid, but I have so many other guns I'd rather spend money on before another 6 shooter.

I really want 44 Korth. Now that can afford one. I absolutely don’t need it.

627 v-comp 8 shooter is what near my bed.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 14:34 Quote
Axxe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:

I think you're missing a trick by not strolling in with a six-shooter on your hip.

I don't have a dirty Harry 44mag. It's been on dad and I's wishlist. I shot his. 357mag a ton as a kid, but I have so many other guns I'd rather spend money on before another 6 shooter.

I really want 44 Korth. Now that can afford one. I absolutely don’t need it.

627 v-comp 8 shooter is what near my bed.

Dad's has a 357 Python that I have shot a bunch. He wants a 629 as a wheel gun that he can shoot more and not feel bad about the value of the python.

I really should just spring the $1000 and buy it for him one of these years.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 15:57 Quote
Happy Independence Day Merican homies!

Last ride was thinking my headset was loose, checked but nope. f*ck, fork bushings have play.
Called my buddy at Ion2, he emailed Sram and bam warranty repair!
When it comes back I'm gonna sell it off and move onto something else, maybe a 38 or a zeb, maybe an EXT ...

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 16:40 Quote
Am I paranoid to think it’s worth keeping my spare fork on the wall for when mine breaks?

Seems to be a 7 week turnaround time for any fork warranty stuff …

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 16:42 Quote
husstler wrote:
Am I paranoid to think it’s worth keeping my spare fork on the wall for when mine breaks?

I have almost en extra bike worth of stuff to try and avoid downtime.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 17:26 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:

I'm on the second bike program as well... more or less run down older stuff... but fun and keeps me rolling when there are unexpected issues that aren't going to get solved as quick as desired.

herself and I having the same bikes has also saved our bacon a few times being able to rob from Peter to pay Paul.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 17:38 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Finally watched a UFC last night. Good battles.

Seeing Donald go out like that. Was good. Miller is class.

Unfortunately my old tired ass fell asleep during the final rounds of the main event.... I was updated upon my rustling to leave....

There were some good fights. Lawler vs Barberena was good as were the earlier chick fights. Jessica Rose Clark is super hot, but it was hard to watch her arm go the wrong way. Ouch! Munoz vs O’Malley was a let down though. Munoz was doing a lot of acting with the alleged nut shot, (that was a good kick above the belt) and eye poke, that was really just a light touch over the eyelid with hand and fingers up and not a poke. Munoz was just looking for a way out without loosing again. Weak! Pereira looks like he’ll have a good shot to beat Adesanya again when they fight. Speaking of him, the main event was a little boring.

Agreed.

Though I think it’s pretty clear the ufc is trying to create something interesting with adesanya as he pretty much dominated the weight class.

I don’t think pereira has earned a shot at all.

Strickland was a shaky 4th and it’s always difficult to fight that far down in the rankings. He came in way too over confident and came with a terribke game plan. I felt like he was over ranked. His best wins are hall and Hermansson who are both very beatable.

Pereira Is 6-1 for crying out loud. With 1 legit contender win.

He should have to fight one of the top 3 guys first.

To me, if Luke beats costa I’d almost rather see that fight.

To me it’s a crappy way to put interest in the weight class….

Hey this guy beat him in kick boxing let’s coast him into a couple wins and get that match up. Dude is maybe a top 10 ranking after that win.

Pereira is a POS and was getting his ass beat in that kick boxing match. Adesanya basically punched himself out. He was too tired to continue. It’s not like he was snoring. The left hook didn’t even land that flush. No head snap. None of that. Adesanya needed huge amounts of O2 after that fight. And in the first fight in China a lot of people say the decision was bs. I’m one of them. Adesanya was way better defensively and landed way better offensively. Only thing pereira had was a couple more solid shots and he moved forward. Watch the fight. Adesanya was dumbfounded when he lost.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 17:39 Quote
d-man wrote:

Last ride was thinking my headset was loose, checked but nope. f*ck, fork bushings have play.
When it comes back I'm gonna sell it off and move onto something else, maybe a 38 or a zeb, maybe an EXT ...

I freaking love my 38.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
Another Clownworld faux pas?

Alleged shooter has broad profile for antifa/leftist typology.

Suddenly has a Pepe meme sweatshirt and 45th pres flag. Straw man white supremacist. FBI pulled his social media but it’s all archived.

Tiresome, weak and lame. MK Ultra 101 type bs. People actually fall for this.

Sad day/on a glorious day.

/

Ramp up the CERN destructor mode to 11 so we can blow up this orb of insanity.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 17:56 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:

I'm on the second bike program as well... more or less run down older stuff... but fun and keeps me rolling when there are unexpected issues that aren't going to get solved as quick as desired.

herself and I having the same bikes has also saved our bacon a few times being able to rob from Peter to pay Paul.

Next bike purchase I should prioritize max compatibility with this one for parts overlap. It seems like things just don’t last like they used to.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
husstler wrote:

7 weeks? What fork? Friend just had his Ohlins done in under 2 weeks, was told 2 weeks Max for mine.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:04 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
d-man wrote:

I freaking love my 38.

Can confirm...38 is a lovely fork. My zeb is really good too.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:06 Quote
husstler wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Next bike purchase I should prioritize max compatibility with this one for parts overlap. It seems like things just don’t last like they used to.
Yep, both of my bikes run the same brakes, drivetrain, headsets, dropper post, etc i have spares for everything but forks and a rear shock so i can carry on if i lose anything.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:22 Quote
d-man wrote:
husstler wrote:

7 weeks? What fork? Friend just had his Ohlins done in under 2 weeks, was told 2 weeks Max for mine.

Was a Lyrik a while ago - could have been peak parts shortages or something. Even 2 weeks could be tough at the right time of the year.

Just one of those dilemmas where after an upgrade I have a fork in the garage, or spare wheels or whatever and wonder if it’s worth selling them. Going the other way and accumulating more so that I have a whole spare bike with interchangeable parts would be the smartest.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:25 Quote
Love my 38 although the crown started creaking just after the warranty ran out. Put some locktite sleeve retainer and let it sit for a day and that seems to have quited it for now.

I am a 230lb guy and I do push the bike pretty hard so not really that bad. The replacement is 300-400 bucks though I believe.

Had the freaking toilet back up and had to get the plummer with the long snake come and clean out the drain as it was over 100ft from the toilet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023180
Mobile Version of Website