Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
Oh yeah happy murica day

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 19:59 Quote
[Quote="RelapsedMandalorian"]
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Reminder... if you support gun control, you don't get to celebrate the fourth of July. You can just stay home and drink tea.

Except for Nick, he can celebrate and drink tea. lol

I fully support and advocate for the strictest gun control...

me too, and i was super stoked about the gun control that sig sauer was providing this weekend. bro brought along 6 9 mm pistols and he was pretty proud of this super light fancy ass gun, but it was so light i couldn't breathe without it dancing all over the place. i like the heavier pistols, but we weren't shooting any cannons like what you guys are talkin about.

as for my opinion about the fights;

strickland shouldnt be a 4th in the division. it shows how badly adesanya has depleted the division. the issue is that you can see izzy gets bored leading up to and even during fights. and he doesn't have hand grenades, he has scalpels. so if a vettori or a cannonier is gonna hide and play a super boring defenisve game, the fight will get boring. alas, the need for something inspiring for izzy to get pumped up about. the UFC is likely scared that izzy is gonna try to follow the conor route and grow beyond the sport. fwiw if adesanya fought in one championship he would likely have a wider range of fights. lol, bit of a reach.
pereirra got a free pass thru to title contention and doesn't deserve it at all. look how f*cking hard you have to fight to get a title shot at 135, 145, and 155. those dudes gotta go thru hell and dagestan to get a shot.
but i dunno why you gotta call perreira a piece of shit army? hes respectful, unflustered, professional enough to me. and during that last kickboxing fight with izzy, izzy was winning and was being cocky. pereirra caught him for sure but i think izzy hitting his head on the canvas was the knockout, not the punch itself.
either way he doesnt deserve to fight for the title, but neither does luke f*cking rockhead. the division might be the worst in the ufc. izzy should move up to light heavy for competition, and keep the middle weight belt to play with his food.

the thing that really stuck with me looking back at the fights was how much robbie lawler has fallen in love with his defence, and how amazing his slips and hand checks, shoulder rolls and head movement have been in the colby fight, the diaz fight, and this barbarena fight. and its exactly why he lost to colby and to barbarena.
robbies defence reminds me of james lights out toney, but ffs you don't just sit in the pocket if you don't need to. even toney would step out, while robbie has walked into fire in the last 3 fights, and just chooses to stay there for the entire time. its super cool to watch, and he was doing some amazing matrix type parrys, slips and checks, but what the f*ck- how about step left and reset? robbie coulda won that fight, and hes getting too old to get knocked out anymore.

hope the fourth was fun, and all fingers remain on hands.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:32 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
And lastly, I'd like to build a bolt action 22LR. I have a semi auto 10-22. But a hyper accurate bolt action would be fun.

I highly recommend the CZ 457. I have the American model, swapped on a threaded barrel and a Dead Air Mask, put on some 3-12x glass, and it is very accurate. Action cycles like glass. Magazines are hard to find in stock, though.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:37 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I don't have a dirty Harry 44mag. It's been on dad and I's wishlist. I shot his. 357mag a ton as a kid, but I have so many other guns I'd rather spend money on before another 6 shooter.

I really want 44 Korth. Now that can afford one. I absolutely don’t need it.

627 v-comp 8 shooter is what near my bed.

Dad's has a 357 Python that I have shot a bunch. He wants a 629 as a wheel gun that he can shoot more and not feel bad about the value of the python.

I really should just spring the $1000 and buy it for him one of these years.

The day my son buys me a revolver is the day I realize that my time on this earth was not wasted.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:50 Quote

Two day trip to Killington, VT. Some DH laps on the new park bike. Cool

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 20:59 Quote
Oh man I miss that limestone-east coast sort of trail. Nice one Fredro.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 21:06 Quote
Axxe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

I really want 44 Korth. Now that can afford one. I absolutely don’t need it.

627 v-comp 8 shooter is what near my bed.

Dad's has a 357 Python that I have shot a bunch. He wants a 629 as a wheel gun that he can shoot more and not feel bad about the value of the python.

I really should just spring the $1000 and buy it for him one of these years.

The day my son buys me a revolver is the day I realize that my time on this earth was not wasted.

I owe him about $800 for wages on a job he drove trucks around shuttling trailers and machines around for a few days... Maybe I'll just show up with a 629 and mark his invoice as paid in full lol

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 21:11 Quote
flgfish wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
And lastly, I'd like to build a bolt action 22LR. I have a semi auto 10-22. But a hyper accurate bolt action would be fun.

I highly recommend the CZ 457. I have the American model, swapped on a threaded barrel and a Dead Air Mask, put on some 3-12x glass, and it is very accurate. Action cycles like glass. Magazines are hard to find in stock, though.

Dad has a Savage MK II with a simple 3-9x and it's been so much fun for the $179 he gave for it.. I'd probably end up with a high end build on another one of those. Buddy has a CZ and it's a tack driver, but Savage has a great bang for the buck..

Also, new guys are supposed to give an intro and tell us about themselves.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 21:43 Quote
I’ve put some hard riding on my 38 and is a solid fork. She takes park laps like a 40.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:13 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

I didn’t realize I’d made a faux pas. Not sure what to say that’s all that interesting. Relatively new rider, picked it back up for exercise and fell into the deep end. I live north of Houston so terrible MTB country, but I make do with trips and lots of miles in the piney woods we do have here. I am a computer nerd by trade, and have way too many hobbies - one of which is shooting. I’ve been enjoying time on the bike in the woods doing low altitude piloting and interpretive dismounting at speed more than the other hobbies lately. Married, kids, mortgage - all normal middle aged dude stuff.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:47 Quote
flgfish wrote:
low altitude piloting and interpretive dismounting

Show off lol lol lol

Welcome Salute

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:51 Quote
flgfish wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I didn’t realize I’d made a faux pas. Not sure what to say that’s all that interesting. Relatively new rider, picked it back up for exercise and fell into the deep end. I live north of Houston so terrible MTB country, but I make do with trips and lots of miles in the piney woods we do have here. I am a computer nerd by trade, and have way too many hobbies - one of which is shooting. I’ve been enjoying time on the bike in the woods doing low altitude piloting and interpretive dismounting at speed more than the other hobbies lately. Married, kids, mortgage - all normal middle aged dude stuff.

Rad. We kinda claim to be similar to a pub. Inappropriate jokes, some solid banter and generally want to feel out the new guys before they dive in with the usual crusty regulars.

What bike you riding? I have a few buddies that live in Texass and one of them rides, but the few times I have been there, I was so wet with sweat just walking around that riding sounded miserable.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
husstler wrote:
Am I paranoid to think it’s worth keeping my spare fork on the wall for when mine breaks?

Seems to be a 7 week turnaround time for any fork warranty stuff …

With stuff so hard to come by now, I’m hanging on to all the parts. Grab a bb, chain or extra brake pads when i have a chance. Grabbed a couple advent x drive trains this winter as well. Super cheap and work great.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 23:10 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
What bike you riding? I have a few buddies that live in Texass and one of them rides, but the few times I have been there, I was so wet with sweat just walking around that riding sounded miserable.

I have a Fezzari Cascade Peak that I ride trails with, and a Scott Scale 965 that I use for the local pavement and gravel rides. I bought the Fezzari shortly before the PB crew razzed it for having “old geo”. It’s great for the trails here, and the DVO D1 is light years better than the Recon I was riding on a 2018 Scott Spark.

It’s hot in the summer, but I’m used to it. It can be nice in the shady pine forest with a breeze late in the day. You still sweat buckets, but at least you don’t feel like you’re in a microwave getting zapped.

Here’s my bike mounted on my car, right before I locked my keys in the trunk in the middle of the Sam Houston National forest. That was “an adventure”.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027581
Mobile Version of Website