Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
I am all for America f*ck Yeah.. And I was ready for tonight to be a cluster f*ck with the dog all scared and then the twins not being able to sleep.

But we have some CaliBrof*ckFaces renting a place next door to our house and I explained to them that wife and I both have to work in the morning and that we have young kids that are trying to sleep. I told them I am pretty chill and that Id let them have fun until 10. Well 1045 they start lighting off morter shells every 30 seconds.

I am fine with that shit where it makes sense, but we live in a downtown residential area.

I asked once and they kept lighting shit off and my kids were screaming brains out every time.

The next time I hooked my fire nozzle up to the hose and just shot water over the fence and all over their remaining stack of shit.. They threatened to call the cops and I handed them my buddies phone number that works at the sheriff department and told them to go ahead and bitch about their stack of ruined illegal fireworks that they were lighting off in a residential neighborhood. As far as I know, it was a fire hazard that needed addressed.

Shit like this is what wrong with my generation, they are too f*cking stupid to know when the right time and place for things are, then when they are asked to modify their behavior, they don't. Then they cry like little bitches when someone gets pissed off and rectifys the situation they created.

Fireworks are fun, but our town puts on a $250k display every year on the lake. It's super badass and better than anything some Billy Bob is going to buy on the rez.. If you live somewhere that's not residential, knock yourself out, but on a Monday night in the middle of a neighborhood, shits gonna get fiesty.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 0:04 Quote
To bad you didn't have a water truck, just sayin'
LOL

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 1:10 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I am all for America f*ck Yeah.. And I was ready for tonight to be a cluster f*ck with the dog all scared and then the twins not being able to sleep.

But we have some CaliBrof*ckFaces renting a place next door to our house and I explained to them that wife and I both have to work in the morning and that we have young kids that are trying to sleep. I told them I am pretty chill and that Id let them have fun until 10. Well 1045 they start lighting off morter shells every 30 seconds.

I am fine with that shit where it makes sense, but we live in a downtown residential area.

I asked once and they kept lighting shit off and my kids were screaming brains out every time.

The next time I hooked my fire nozzle up to the hose and just shot water over the fence and all over their remaining stack of shit.. They threatened to call the cops and I handed them my buddies phone number that works at the sheriff department and told them to go ahead and bitch about their stack of ruined illegal fireworks that they were lighting off in a residential neighborhood. As far as I know, it was a fire hazard that needed addressed.

Shit like this is what wrong with my generation, they are too f*cking stupid to know when the right time and place for things are, then when they are asked to modify their behavior, they don't. Then they cry like little bitches when someone gets pissed off and rectifys the situation they created.

Fireworks are fun, but our town puts on a $250k display every year on the lake. It's super badass and better than anything some Billy Bob is going to buy on the rez.. If you live somewhere that's not residential, knock yourself out, but on a Monday night in the middle of a neighborhood, shits gonna get fiesty.

You are hilarious!!!!

Your pretty f*cking unique Swan, you got a long wait before ‘the mellowing’ , keep standing tall buddy, your kids will soak up that goodness , of that I have no doubt.

An actual real role model for the up & coming young guns! Make more babies, instill those core values and take over the goddamn world.

Now go to work lol, an enjoyable read with my morning coffee

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 1:59 Quote
Hope y’all all enjoyed the 4th, I got a little American in me, my Gran (on my fathers side) was from Flint , Michigan.

Maybe that’s why I’m gobby and can’t ride bikes lol

I got wayyy wasted wayyy early (party for one , the most dangerous of all!) , woke up bright as a button, rare air , expect I’ll go to bed early tonight once it’s caught up with me

Mtb prepper here, can’t stand having bikes and not being able to ride at least one of them, not had that problem since 2014 now, admittedly outdated (only one boost standard bike) and not high-end bikes, but it’s expensive nonetheless. Having to ride hardtails regularly (no biggie) to keep costs ballooning out of all proportion - fork & shock servicing is the bane of life currently, always always something that requires stripping down , reassembling or straight up swapping new for old etc

180Km (nothing challenging here, have to go to Wales fer real kicks) a week offroad , had to back it off from 200+ feeling it now I’m 52

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 2:48 Quote
Axxe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

I really want 44 Korth. Now that can afford one. I absolutely don’t need it.

627 v-comp 8 shooter is what near my bed.

Dad's has a 357 Python that I have shot a bunch. He wants a 629 as a wheel gun that he can shoot more and not feel bad about the value of the python.

I really should just spring the $1000 and buy it for him one of these years.

The day my son buys me a revolver is the day I realize that my time on this earth was not wasted.

+1

Just buy it Swan , money is wholly irrelevant in any instance involving family where love is involved. Not saying , just saying

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

Never mess with peoples kids or dogs.

Sorry about not sending our best and brightest. Unfortunately, I know of a couple more "bags" coming your way this summer.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfnw3nfOT2w/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Proportions are still whack imo , but hey

Does anyone else think this is pushing a fox 40 to a limit of some sort?

High speeds, quite a bit of weight and that wheel. Dunno. Seems sketchy.

Funny one Swan.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 6:19 Quote
flgfish wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
What bike you riding? I have a few buddies that live in Texass and one of them rides, but the few times I have been there, I was so wet with sweat just walking around that riding sounded miserable.

I have a Fezzari Cascade Peak that I ride trails with, and a Scott Scale 965 that I use for the local pavement and gravel rides. I bought the Fezzari shortly before the PB crew razzed it for having “old geo”. It’s great for the trails here, and the DVO D1 is light years better than the Recon I was riding on a 2018 Scott Spark.

It’s hot in the summer, but I’m used to it. It can be nice in the shady pine forest with a breeze late in the day. You still sweat buckets, but at least you don’t feel like you’re in a microwave getting zapped.

Here’s my bike mounted on my car, right before I locked my keys in the trunk in the middle of the Sam Houston National forest. That was “an adventure”.

New guy seems just fine to me.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 6:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Proportions are still whack imo , but hey

Does anyone else think this is pushing a fox 40 to a limit of some sort?

High speeds, quite a bit of weight and that wheel. Dunno. Seems sketchy.

Funny one Swan.

That was my concern , I’d envisage at legal speeds it’s deemed safe, whether it’s safe at the illegal speeds it’s capable of I am not sure.
You’d think that It’s been beefed up considerably to cope, (like the ebike 36 chassis) maybe 40’s are more than adequate.
I’d rather stick a certified Moto fork in there personally .. fitment issues aside (if any)

Those wheels are legit , they make moto wheels and such for existing badass bikes

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 6:56 Quote
I’d love to slot an Emoto into an existing moto chassis, that’s how I’d have approached a build - so many regs I’d expect

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
flgfish wrote:
Here’s my bike mounted on my car, right before I locked my keys in the trunk in the middle of the Sam Houston National forest. That was “an adventure”.

That story is the equivalent of buying a round. The guys put their empty beer glasses down and you don’t get smashed over the head. Someone gives you a bear hug. A legend walks in, the place erupts and it’s like a scene from Vikings. Someone gets accidentally elbowed in the face, usually Heely, but it’s all good.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
flgfish wrote:

That story is the equivalent of buying a round. The guys put their empty beer glasses down and you don’t get smashed over the head. Someone gives you a bear hug. A legend walks in, the place erupts and it’s like a scene from Vikings. Someone gets accidentally elbowed in the face, usually Heely, but it’s all good.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
fredro wrote:

'murica

Nice! And the bike park pics too! How’s the new ride?

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
New ride is totally confidence inspiring! I hit drops and steep rollers I’ve never hit before.

The kool-aid is strong!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025033
Mobile Version of Website