Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
fredro wrote:
New ride is totally confidence inspiring! I hit drops and steep rollers I’ve never hit before.

The kool-aid is strong!

Noice! tup

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
husstler wrote:
d-man wrote:
husstler wrote:
Am I paranoid to think it’s worth keeping my spare fork on the wall for when mine breaks?

Seems to be a 7 week turnaround time for any fork warranty stuff …
7 weeks? What fork? Friend just had his Ohlins done in under 2 weeks, was told 2 weeks Max for mine.

Was a Lyrik a while ago - could have been peak parts shortages or something. Even 2 weeks could be tough at the right time of the year.

Just one of those dilemmas where after an upgrade I have a fork in the garage, or spare wheels or whatever and wonder if it’s worth selling them. Going the other way and accumulating more so that I have a whole spare bike with interchangeable parts would be the smartest.

Things are getting better with turn around time I hear.
Probably be good to keep the old stuff though, good for road trip emergency repairs too.

I used to be pissed if my bike was down for repairs, now I just do something else like Build trail or ranch projects.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
flgfish wrote:
Here’s my bike mounted on my car, right before I locked my keys in the trunk in the middle of the Sam Houston National forest. That was “an adventure”.

That story is the equivalent of buying a round. The guys put their empty beer glasses down and you don’t get smashed over the head. Someone gives you a bear hug. A legend walks in, the place erupts and it’s like a scene from Vikings. Someone gets accidentally elbowed in the face, usually Heely, but it’s all good.

agreed. solid intro. and showing a picture of a badass porsche while still being confident enough to make fun of yourself for locking your keys in the car in the same sentence is good for a round as well.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
flgfish wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
What bike you riding? I have a few buddies that live in Texass and one of them rides, but the few times I have been there, I was so wet with sweat just walking around that riding sounded miserable.

I have a Fezzari Cascade Peak that I ride trails with, and a Scott Scale 965 that I use for the local pavement and gravel rides. I bought the Fezzari shortly before the PB crew razzed it for having “old geo”. It’s great for the trails here, and the DVO D1 is light years better than the Recon I was riding on a 2018 Scott Spark.

It’s hot in the summer, but I’m used to it. It can be nice in the shady pine forest with a breeze late in the day. You still sweat buckets, but at least you don’t feel like you’re in a microwave getting zapped.

Here’s my bike mounted on my car, right before I locked my keys in the trunk in the middle of the Sam Houston National forest. That was “an adventure”.

Welcome due.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 12:55 Quote
Yes, yes it is.. yes, that’s what you think it is also

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
New favourite band at the moment, recently dropped this banger that seems apt in here. lol

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
[Quote="obee1"]
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Reminder... if you support gun control, you don't get to celebrate the fourth of July. You can just stay home and drink tea.

Except for Nick, he can celebrate and drink tea. lol

I fully support and advocate for the strictest gun control...

me too, and i was super stoked about the gun control that sig sauer was providing this weekend. bro brought along 6 9 mm pistols and he was pretty proud of this super light fancy ass gun, but it was so light i couldn't breathe without it dancing all over the place. i like the heavier pistols, but we weren't shooting any cannons like what you guys are talkin about.

as for my opinion about the fights;

strickland shouldnt be a 4th in the division. it shows how badly adesanya has depleted the division. the issue is that you can see izzy gets bored leading up to and even during fights. and he doesn't have hand grenades, he has scalpels. so if a vettori or a cannonier is gonna hide and play a super boring defenisve game, the fight will get boring. alas, the need for something inspiring for izzy to get pumped up about. the UFC is likely scared that izzy is gonna try to follow the conor route and grow beyond the sport. fwiw if adesanya fought in one championship he would likely have a wider range of fights. lol, bit of a reach.
pereirra got a free pass thru to title contention and doesn't deserve it at all. look how f*cking hard you have to fight to get a title shot at 135, 145, and 155. those dudes gotta go thru hell and dagestan to get a shot.
but i dunno why you gotta call perreira a piece of shit army? hes respectful, unflustered, professional enough to me. and during that last kickboxing fight with izzy, izzy was winning and was being cocky. pereirra caught him for sure but i think izzy hitting his head on the canvas was the knockout, not the punch itself.
either way he doesnt deserve to fight for the title, but neither does luke f*cking rockhead. the division might be the worst in the ufc. izzy should move up to light heavy for competition, and keep the middle weight belt to play with his food.

the thing that really stuck with me looking back at the fights was how much robbie lawler has fallen in love with his defence, and how amazing his slips and hand checks, shoulder rolls and head movement have been in the colby fight, the diaz fight, and this barbarena fight. and its exactly why he lost to colby and to barbarena.
robbies defence reminds me of james lights out toney, but ffs you don't just sit in the pocket if you don't need to. even toney would step out, while robbie has walked into fire in the last 3 fights, and just chooses to stay there for the entire time. its super cool to watch, and he was doing some amazing matrix type parrys, slips and checks, but what the f*ck- how about step left and reset? robbie coulda won that fight, and hes getting too old to get knocked out anymore.

hope the fourth was fun, and all fingers remain on hands.

Yeah, 185 is not the deepest weight class and Strickland may not be a legit #4, but ya gotta love the guy.

https://rumble.com/v1b77n1-ufc-fighter-i-just-want-to-say....-lets-go-brandon.html?mref=6zof&mc=dgip3&ep=1

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
nice drop mando.
these are my favourite current bands to listen to

colter wall

gilla band

IDLES

All of them beautifully imperfect and definitely authentic.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
Big fan of the Idles, this is a fave:

Then there's Frank Carter:

Then this, a work of angry art:

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 15:32 Quote
The new Kevin Morby album is a winner too.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 18:46 Quote
Clownworld has a sad face today. All eyes are on Uruguay to see what breaks tomorrow. It could be the thing that reveals everything to the meat puppets. It could change their reality. This could be HUGE.

/

Headache
Pizza

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 19:20 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Clownworld has a sad face today. All eyes are on Uruguay to see what breaks tomorrow. It could be the thing that reveals everything to the meat puppets. It could change their reality. This could be HUGE.

I did a cursory search of the news and found bupkis about Uruguay.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 19:39 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

/

Headache
Pizza
I second the pizza, I am sitting in grand forks . I’m at the western traveller motel. Had job in Nelson today but filled my rig with mostly ground water. Had fresh rig delivered to grand forks for me to head back to Nelson in am and finish up two holes .
Mild stupidity.

Pizza
Diet Pepsi spiked with copious amount of CBD tincture

Life of a super sucker!

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 20:31 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

/

Headache
Pizza
I second the pizza, I am sitting in grand forks . I’m at the western traveller motel. Had job in Nelson today but filled my rig with mostly ground water. Had fresh rig delivered to grand forks for me to head back to Nelson in am and finish up two holes .
Mild stupidity.

Pizza

Life of a super sucker!

I am a dozen water beers in and can't keep my old balls straight.. You are doing vac trucks? I honestly think a small scale vac trailer could kill it here locally. I know I'd use the shit out of one.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 21:59 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

/

Headache
Pizza
Mild stupidity.

Pizza

Life of a super sucker!

I am a dozen water beers in and can't keep my old balls straight.. You are doing vac trucks? I honestly think a small scale vac trailer could kill it here locally. I know I'd use the shit out of one.
I run a hydrovac, most of what I do is excavating. Job I’m on now is digging down in certain locations to 10’ for sampling every 2’ . A old gas station site being reclaimed . we do have combo and straight vacs also but haz waste is not my forte . I will however jump in one when it’s slow and do vac truck work.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025223
Mobile Version of Website