Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 11:22 Quote
It’s on the front page now…

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

His final crime? Doing donuts in a delivery van on someone’s front lawn “because they pissed me off”. lol

I had an ex girlfriend do that to me and my neighbors lawn. I have a way with the ladies. I can make them snap with one word...

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
Dustndirt wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

His final crime? Doing donuts in a delivery van on someone’s front lawn “because they pissed me off”. lol

I had an ex girlfriend do that to me and my neighbors lawn. I have a way with the ladies. I can make them snap with one word...

hello has always been my trigger word for the ladies.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Yes, yes it is.. yes, that’s what you think it is also

"Tom Cruise meets Gazza....walks away in shame...."

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
fredro wrote:
It’s on the front page now…

Yeah. Now I can read the comments.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
It's not the brightest of times... people spreading positive vibes and good energy are few and far between.

a number of wonderful folks I know who own businesses or are in leadership roles are tapping out because the ugliness is coming from all directions and there's no joy.

It was fantastic a decade or two ago,

You could fire arseholes.
You could say boo to a goose.
You could tear a strip off someone and they’d learn from it, and you could have a beer with them at the pub without tantrums and tears.
You could literally be fighting with someone at work and still get pissed drunk with them.
People had respect, integrity, work ethic and came to the office to do a day of work, get ahead, learn something, push on and strive. Now people attend work as they see fit and spend 80% of the day working on inclusivity & diversity projects. There’s customers? Who knew.

True story. Back in the day I had to fire an ex SAS guy who had PTSD, honourable discharge, had trained Bin Lids top guys and had taken a bullet to protect some foreign royal family member.

We talked for 30 minutes and he knew I had no option but to fire him for his conduct. We shook hands as security guards waited in the shadows to pounce (not necessary) and he said “guv, you’ve been more than fair to me, anyone else would’ve fired me weeks ago”. He’d had two invisible undocumented extra “final warnings. He got extra severance pay.

Management isn’t like that any more. You get counselled because you failed to acknowledge your pronouns in your email footer. You get marginalized because wrong gender, race, sexual preference. The best, brightest and smartest are sidelined.

Leave them to it. The dregs and dross working together to destroy businesses.

They get what they deserve. A world of joyless, soulless corporate misery.

true shit Gnar...! We could really shit in each others wheatchex at times during work hours, but the beers flowed and the points were debated healthy style after. I miss those days. RIP....

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Dustndirt wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

hello has always been my trigger word for the ladies.

Ha ha, seriously.
My wife always tells me I'm alot prettier when I keep my mouth shut. The key was to figure out what her "rattle" sounds like. A Diamond Back rarely strikes without warning. Weather I choose to heed that warning is the difference between going on my merry way or being on the couch sucking the venom out of my wound.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
husstler wrote:
flgfish wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
What bike you riding? I have a few buddies that live in Texass and one of them rides, but the few times I have been there, I was so wet with sweat just walking around that riding sounded miserable.

I have a Fezzari Cascade Peak that I ride trails with, and a Scott Scale 965 that I use for the local pavement and gravel rides. I bought the Fezzari shortly before the PB crew razzed it for having “old geo”. It’s great for the trails here, and the DVO D1 is light years better than the Recon I was riding on a 2018 Scott Spark.

It’s hot in the summer, but I’m used to it. It can be nice in the shady pine forest with a breeze late in the day. You still sweat buckets, but at least you don’t feel like you’re in a microwave getting zapped.

Here’s my bike mounted on my car, right before I locked my keys in the trunk in the middle of the Sam Houston National forest. That was “an adventure”.

New guy seems just fine to me.

new guy seems legit...! might get divisive up in this bitch depending upon choice of pronunciation: "Porsh" vs. "Porsh-uh" .... Blank Stare

Welcome 'fish...!!!!

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:28 Quote
Thanks guys.

I say “porsh”. I know that’s not how they say it, but I’m an ugly American and I don’t care. It’s how I’ve always heard it, and how I’ll say it forever.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:32 Quote
^^ good on ya' f*ck them...f*ck pinky-finger-sticking-out posh bullshit !! I'll say shit whatever way I want to...lol

sending you a virtual beer..! from one ugly American car guy to another Beer

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:52 Quote
C'mon, man, everybody KNOWS it's porsh-uh..........Rolleyes

f*ckin' retards! lol lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

It’s hilarious, the worst of both, ugly death machine

They want to be in the steamy locker room with the boys I’m feeling lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 15:53 Quote
porsh-uh isn't that the way the ladies say it, or is that push-it ? I get confused . . .

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 18:05 Quote
Well fuk....CERN definitely ramped up the weirdness setting to 11. Someone's only just gone and blown up the Georgia Guidestones. On George W. Bush's birthday. Boo hoo. Bad news for anti-humanity nazi globalists. Dead Horse

https://youtu.be/9IgeRgJsYgc

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/georgia-guidestones-destroyed-in-early-morning-bombing/

/

Sniffles
Venezuelan rum

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 19:10 Quote
[Quote="Soupherb"]
adm750 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

It’s hilarious, the worst of both, ugly death machine

So is this a kawi gpz with a Honda vfr swingarm?

Remember when honda released the rc51 and Suzuki put out the tl1000r to compete with the Italian twins?
I thought they were cool as shit until they uh, had that unexpected ejection seat issue whenever they came outta corners a little zesty.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025679
Mobile Version of Website