Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 2:15 Quote
[Quote="obee1"]
Soupherb wrote:
adm750 wrote:

"Tom Cruise meets Gazza....walks away in shame...."

It’s hilarious, the worst of both, ugly death machine

So is this a kawi gpz with a Honda vfr swingarm?

Remember when honda released the rc51 and Suzuki put out the tl1000r to compete with the Italian twins?
I thought they were cool as shit until they uh, had that unexpected ejection seat issue whenever they came outta corners a little zesty.


Seat cowl is the giveaway here, rather than reiterate.. here ya go... crazy Italians. Clearly trippin’
https://pipeburn.com/kawasaki-h2r-topgun/

Yes I do!!
Suzuki: Very very distinctive thump from those. At that time, it was a noise that most bikers (here at least) turned their heads to see , to actually see what it was, it was so unfamiliar & most were very loud, first bike with a subwoofer inbuilt lol, those low Hz preceded them every time lol. Local Suzuki dealer had a just two outside , friend had a black one - not friends at the time, but an acquaintance, he didn’t die, but from the stories, it was a fine line. They did a quick fix initially if I recall, upgraded steering damper (forlorn effort) to stop it shaking its head violently, the Tiger of all tank slappers those bikes. Refused to ride one due to the horror stories. His bike was apparently fairly sorted, I’m here shaking my head, pretty sure it wasn’t, he’d just learnt to back it off a touch

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
Had to go and check that it was the VTR ..been a while!!

Saw more of these than the Suzi , zero interest in them at the time, don’t know why, maybe it was the wet weight or engine issues that plagued some of them.

Yammy fanboy at heart , but the 91Sex stole my heart , those Italians (not the top gun boys above lol) know a thing or two

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 3:07 Quote
New guy can stay, he’s got something to say, seems like fun & it’s his round I believe

Currently watching helicopters - I’m within 200yds of a flight corridor

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 6:33 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
porsh-uh isn't that the way the ladies say it, or is that push-it ? I get confused . . .

porsche it REAL good.....!!! Pimp

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
[Quote="Soupherb"]
obee1 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:


It’s hilarious, the worst of both, ugly death machine

So is this a kawi gpz with a Honda vfr swingarm?

Remember when honda released the rc51 and Suzuki put out the tl1000r to compete with the Italian twins?
I thought they were cool as shit until they uh, had that unexpected ejection seat issue whenever they came outta corners a little zesty.


Seat cowl is the giveaway here, rather than reiterate.. here ya go... crazy Italians. Clearly trippin’
https://pipeburn.com/kawasaki-h2r-topgun/

Yes I do!!
Suzuki: Very very distinctive thump from those. At that time, it was a noise that most bikers (here at least) turned their heads to see , to actually see what it was, it was so unfamiliar & most were very loud, first bike with a subwoofer inbuilt lol, those low Hz preceded them every time lol. Local Suzuki dealer had a just two outside , friend had a black one - not friends at the time, but an acquaintance, he didn’t die, but from the stories, it was a fine line. They did a quick fix initially if I recall, upgraded steering damper (forlorn effort) to stop it shaking its head violently, the Tiger of all tank slappers those bikes. Refused to ride one due to the horror stories. His bike was apparently fairly sorted, I’m here shaking my head, pretty sure it wasn’t, he’d just learnt to back it off a touch

fun bikes.. !!

Loved the TL1000R. The sound was intoxicating, but it was a bit of a pig. Couple that with a shit rotary damper rear shock and it was never going to be a contender against what was out there. My guess is they were just tapping into the big bore v-twin market that Ducati was swallowing down like a porn star on someone's johnson.

Honda had to revisit the drafting board with the 1000cc displacement advantage Ducati was getting in Superbike over the jap contenders 750's (despite the almost unstoppable Yosh Zook's being punched to 883's) in order to ever own that honor again. So, in find Honda form, they laid out the plans for a bike they were going to bring to market that should have been priced on par with the RC30's and RC45's when they were launched but were every bit as attainable as the next bike. What a f*cking hit the RC51 was. Nicky proceeded to f*ck bitches up on that bike.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
I lost interest in road racing after Nicky died, both fim and ama. He, along with his brothers, were so talented on a bike.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
A few years ago I was really keen to get a Ducati street bike after throwing around a 250 for a bit and enjoying it. Herself talked me out of it. I can understand why and seeing the look of sadness in her eyes thinking she'd lose me to some degenerated 86 year old corpsewalker medically unfit to drive, with no licence, and failing eyesight, no limb coordination and failing organ function was enough for me. "I didn't see him" and a dead body lying prone with various parts of an Italian thoroughbred motorcycle lying around for scrap value isn't much use.

/

Coffee with steamed milk
Sunshine
Light breeze
Hummingbirds at the window

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 8:13 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I lost interest in road racing after Nicky died, both fim and ama. He, along with his brothers, were so talented on a bike.

Legit...!!! Nicky was absolutely special on a bike. I started to lose interest a bit before that. They'd made so many changes in all racing classes that I thought the way was getting lost.

shortly after Ben Spies was starting to knock Matt Mladin off the top spot on the box in AMA on a more consistent basis.... LOL....

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
There was a fatality on the trans Canada the other day, tire came off a trailer and hit a motorcycle.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
New guy can stay, he’s got something to say, seems like fun & it’s his round I believe

Currently watching helicopters - I’m within 200yds of a flight corridor

I miss working with Helis sometimes. It was super fun work and jet-A at 5am is one of my favorite smells.

Don't miss living out of a suitcase for 6 months of the year.

Been a long summer in Montana.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
adm750 wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
I lost interest in road racing after Nicky died, both fim and ama. He, along with his brothers, were so talented on a bike.

Legit...!!! Nicky was absolutely special on a bike. I started to lose interest a bit before that. They'd made so many changes in all racing classes that I thought the way was getting lost.

shortly after Ben Spies was starting to knock Matt Mladin off the top spot on the box in AMA on a more consistent basis.... LOL....

Nicky was not only a great rider, but he was a super cool and approachable guy. I probably already told this story, but I met and talked to him at Adams Motorsports park, (a Supermoto and go cart track). He had just joined Ducati and he was there riding Supermoto on a stock CR450. He was so fast and smooth. I asked him how the new Ducati ride was and he nicely said “it’s different” I took that as he wasn’t really liking it, but he didn’t really want to talk shit about it. I also asked him what kind of slipper clutch he was using in his 450 because his corner entry was so smooth and controlled beautifully backing it into the corners, while I was getting so much rear wheel hop downshifting on corner entry with my stock clutch. He said his clutch was stock and I just needed to feather the clutch while downshifting on my corner entry, (easier said than done). I tried for a while, but ended up getting a slipper clutch so I could properly back it in. Really sad when he passed.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
New guy can stay, he’s got something to say, seems like fun & it’s his round I believe

Currently watching helicopters - I’m within 200yds of a flight corridor

I miss working with Helis sometimes. It was super fun work and jet-A at 5am is one of my favorite smells.

Don't miss living out of a suitcase for 6 months of the year.

Been a long summer in Montana.

Likewise.


Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
New guy can stay, he’s got something to say, seems like fun & it’s his round I believe

Currently watching helicopters - I’m within 200yds of a flight corridor

I miss working with Helis sometimes. It was super fun work and jet-A at 5am is one of my favorite smells.

Don't miss living out of a suitcase for 6 months of the year.

Been a long summer in Montana.

Likewise.


Glad I mentioned it!!!

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 10:52 Quote
[Quote="adm750"]
Soupherb wrote:
obee1 wrote:



Seat cowl is the giveaway here, rather than reiterate.. here ya go... crazy Italians. Clearly trippin’
https://pipeburn.com/kawasaki-h2r-topgun/

Yes I do!!
Suzuki: Very very distinctive thump from those. At that time, it was a noise that most bikers (here at least) turned their heads to see , to actually see what it was, it was so unfamiliar & most were very loud, first bike with a subwoofer inbuilt lol, those low Hz preceded them every time lol. Local Suzuki dealer had a just two outside , friend had a black one - not friends at the time, but an acquaintance, he didn’t die, but from the stories, it was a fine line. They did a quick fix initially if I recall, upgraded steering damper (forlorn effort) to stop it shaking its head violently, the Tiger of all tank slappers those bikes. Refused to ride one due to the horror stories. His bike was apparently fairly sorted, I’m here shaking my head, pretty sure it wasn’t, he’d just learnt to back it off a touch

fun bikes.. !!

Loved the TL1000R. The sound was intoxicating, but it was a bit of a pig. Couple that with a shit rotary damper rear shock and it was never going to be a contender against what was out there. My guess is they were just tapping into the big bore v-twin market that Ducati was swallowing down like a porn star on someone's johnson.

Honda had to revisit the drafting board with the 1000cc displacement advantage Ducati was getting in Superbike over the jap contenders 750's (despite the almost unstoppable Yosh Zook's being punched to 883's) in order to ever own that honor again. So, in find Honda form, they laid out the plans for a bike they were going to bring to market that should have been priced on par with the RC30's and RC45's when they were launched but were every bit as attainable as the next bike. What a f*cking hit the RC51 was. Nicky proceeded to f*ck bitches up on that bike.

The RC30 blew my mind, think it was Suzuka 8hr endurance races , race bike , made the gap between a stroker to a four real easy.

So many different bikes , so many better than others at this & that, but it’s still about going round corners.

So much talent . So much loss. So many fun bikes to ride , regardless of era.

Trying not to get too excited or I’ll be up til 3am buzzin’ lol

If a see a ‘trigger’ bike mentioned, it’ll probably be hard to refuse a comment lol just not tonight, I need to walk away lol

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Double stoke , helicopters & bikes , that ain’t never getting old .. lots more to add of course, but working for me!

Good to converse here, although largely disjointed tup


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026833
Mobile Version of Website