Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
I sold my Ducati once smarts phones took everyones soul away from them.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I sold my Ducati once smarts phones took everyones soul away from them.

Monsters both

Just one of them fun Wink

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 11:43 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Double stoke , helicopters & bikes , that ain’t never getting old .. lots more to add of course, but working for me!

Good to converse here, although largely disjointed tup

I have a LOT of helicopter spam.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:12 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Double stoke , helicopters & bikes , that ain’t never getting old .. lots more to add of course, but working for me!

Good spam that tup

Spam drop us sometime, I’m down. Probably seen a few from prior posts, but it ain’t getting old, no way

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:39 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
adm750 wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
I lost interest in road racing after Nicky died, both fim and ama. He, along with his brothers, were so talented on a bike.

Legit...!!! Nicky was absolutely special on a bike. I started to lose interest a bit before that. They'd made so many changes in all racing classes that I thought the way was getting lost.

shortly after Ben Spies was starting to knock Matt Mladin off the top spot on the box in AMA on a more consistent basis.... LOL....

Nicky was not only a great rider, but he was a super cool and approachable guy. I probably already told this story, but I met and talked to him at Adams Motorsports park, (a Supermoto and go cart track). He had just joined Ducati and he was there riding Supermoto on a stock CR450. He was so fast and smooth. I asked him how the new Ducati ride was and he nicely said “it’s different” I took that as he wasn’t really liking it, but he didn’t really want to talk shit about it. I also asked him what kind of slipper clutch he was using in his 450 because his corner entry was so smooth and controlled beautifully backing it into the corners, while I was getting so much rear wheel hop downshifting on corner entry with my stock clutch. He said his clutch was stock and I just needed to feather the clutch while downshifting on my corner entry, (easier said than done). I tried for a while, but ended up getting a slipper clutch so I could properly back it in. Really sad when he passed.

great story man. I could totally see him being like that. NH was amazing to watch anywhere. We only got to see him live at Daytona.

Of course we always had to cheer on Scott Russell. My good friend Wayne used to roadrace with him back in the day. We got to visit with Russell a few times at the Daytona 200 across the 14 years we attended it. Dude is a trip.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:39 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

helo's and bikes...

f*ck yeah...bring that shit Mando...!

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 12:56 Quote
hell yeah mando. lets see some pics from the office. you once posted some night shots and the tracers were cool AF.

my opinion about the honda twin seems to be the same as you fellas, but my love for suzuki was tested with the tl1000r. see, i had owned a gs550, a gs850 shaft, a katana 750 and a gixxer 750, and i loved the dukes as well( until i rode a monster with no steering damper). so my love for suzooks had me fappin for a TL1000r. i lost my moto licence for a season ana half, and getting it back required me to take the course again. one of the instructors was cool when i parked my gsxr beside his TL( knowing full well that i was riding my moto to moto school to get my licence back), and as we continued to talk he opened up about how f*cking scary the tank slap was on his bike. so i never pushed buying one.
but yeah, the late 90's had a lotta bikes suddenly upping their torque and HP numbers but failed to control the suspension and steering control.

i propose we do a post your moto or heli or cool whips session.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:13 Quote
hell yeah Obee...I'll bite....

the ole traffic knife...my '89 seven fitty

my best homie's '90 1100 with the 1127 engine. he let me borrow it for a winter when I lived in Florida to "test ride" it (since it just sits at his place over winter) to see how my wife would enjoy us having a bike. This was prior to me buying the '750. I was instantly sold.

90 model

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
I am afraid of motorcycles

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Motorcycles won't hurt you... it's the other drivers you've got to worry about.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:35 Quote
Right. I don't road bike either. Just don't trust people in general.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Axxe wrote:

can you point to the spot on the doll where the motorcycle hurt you ?

JK Axxe...I just couldn't help myself lol

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Right. I don't road bike either. Just don't trust people in general.

I almost plowed a road biker today. Totally my fault. I checked my turn. Put my blinker on and went. He came up behind me right after I checked. He was pissed but I didn't run him over and frankly... when you're on a road like that you should look at peoples mirrors before you go ripping by a car 10 feet from a corner.

I'd call it a 70/30 my bad.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 13:57 Quote
Axxe wrote:

Get a helicopter, much safer.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Axxe wrote:

Get a helicopter, much safer.

funny you say that.

I was commuting 110 miles round-trip daily, 5-6 days a week, a while back.

I thought "f*ck this man, I've got plenty of yard to park a small helo in..and plenty of field around me. I'd much rather fly back and forth to work than deal with these a*sholes in traffic....! I need to build a kit.....!! " tup

wife be like 'SMH' Rolleyes

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025074
Mobile Version of Website