Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
adm750 wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Axxe wrote:
I am afraid of motorcycles

Get a helicopter, much safer.

funny you say that.

I was commuting 110 miles round-trip daily, 5-6 days a week, a while back.

I thought "f*ck this man, I've got plenty of yard to park a small helo in..and plenty of field around me. I'd much rather fly back and forth to work than deal with these a*sholes in traffic....! I need to build a kit.....!! " tup

wife be like 'SMH' Rolleyes

Get a slinky little twin engine number, life would be golden. Although not sure what the price of AVGAS/AVTUR is right now.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:31 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
adm750 wrote:

Legit...!!! Nicky was absolutely special on a bike. I started to lose interest a bit before that. They'd made so many changes in all racing classes that I thought the way was getting lost.

shortly after Ben Spies was starting to knock Matt Mladin off the top spot on the box in AMA on a more consistent basis.... LOL....

Nicky was not only a great rider, but he was a super cool and approachable guy. I probably already told this story, but I met and talked to him at Adams Motorsports park, (a Supermoto and go cart track). He had just joined Ducati and he was there riding Supermoto on a stock CR450. He was so fast and smooth. I asked him how the new Ducati ride was and he nicely said “it’s different” I took that as he wasn’t really liking it, but he didn’t really want to talk shit about it. I also asked him what kind of slipper clutch he was using in his 450 because his corner entry was so smooth and controlled beautifully backing it into the corners, while I was getting so much rear wheel hop downshifting on corner entry with my stock clutch. He said his clutch was stock and I just needed to feather the clutch while downshifting on my corner entry, (easier said than done). I tried for a while, but ended up getting a slipper clutch so I could properly back it in. Really sad when he passed.

great story man. I could totally see him being like that. NH was amazing to watch anywhere. We only got to see him live at Daytona.

Of course we always had to cheer on Scott Russell. My good friend Wayne used to roadrace with him back in the day. We got to visit with Russell a few times at the Daytona 200 across the 14 years we attended it. Dude is a trip.

Nice! I’ve been watching all of those guys since I was a ute. Amazing riders!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
adm750 wrote:
hell yeah Obee...I'll bite....

the ole traffic knife...my '89 seven fitty

photo

my best homie's '90 1100 with the 1127 engine. he let me borrow it for a winter when I lived in Florida to "test ride" it (since it just sits at his place over winter) to see how my wife would enjoy us having a bike. This was prior to me buying the '750. I was instantly sold.

90 model

That’s awesome! I always wanted a GSXR, especially when they first came out and were super light. I almost got one imported before they were available in the US, but I was a little cash strapped back then. When I was 18, I had an old GPZ 750 with a Yoshimura race pipe on it. I also got 3 tickets in 3 weeks on it! It was hard not to just rip around everywhere on it. But I still have my hooligan Husqvarna SM450 Supermoto. That thing is such a blast to ride! I used to race it for a few years when it was new, but now it’s relegated to street riding when the weather is good.

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

can you point to the spot on the doll where the motorcycle hurt you ?

photo

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
i had the exact same gixxer outside of the can, and my katana was an 89 as well. champagne black and red. i have no photos of them at all. kinda sad now that i think about it.
fear not, i have recent bikes! the OG's here are sick of looking at that yamaha R1 i'm sure, but i love posting it.

f*cking hurts.

photo

photo

those hailstones hitting your hands and thighs at any speed were just unbelievably painful
mando are you allowed to post work pics?

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
Axxe wrote:

I pulled one of our AS350s totally apart to the airframe and rebuild gearbox, turbine got overhauled, new blades, rewired the entire ship with new wiring and it got new glass cockpit, etc..

Granted everything gets triple checked, but it was still really weird to be on the test flight for that shop when you had been standing in the engine bay a week prior.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
i had the exact same gixxer outside of the can, and my katana was an 89 as well. champagne black and red. i have no photos of them at all. kinda sad now that i think about it.
fear not, i have recent bikes! the OG's here are sick of looking at that yamaha R1 i'm sure, but i love posting it.

f*cking hurts.

photo

photo

those hailstones hitting your hands and thighs at any speed were just unbelievably painful
mando are you allowed to post work pics?

Nice bikes Obe, especially the R1, it’s sick!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 16:48 Quote
adm750 wrote:

funny you say that.

I was commuting 110 miles round-trip daily, 5-6 days a week, a while back.

I thought "f*ck this man, I've got plenty of yard to park a small helo in..and plenty of field around me. I'd much rather fly back and forth to work than deal with these a*sholes in traffic....! I need to build a kit.....!! " tup

wife be like 'SMH' Rolleyes

Get a slinky little twin engine number, life would be golden. Although not sure what the price of AVGAS/AVTUR is right now.

Where's the flying cars they promised us when we were kids? lol

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 17:01 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Where's the flying cars they promised us when we were kids? lol
With the absolute lack of skill that most shitheads have behind the wheel, and the level of inattention... the last thing I want invented is flying cars.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 17:02 Quote
I had a gpz 750 in high school, then a Honda interceptor 750. Got a speed wobble in the rain at way to fast and called it quits.
I have no self control when there is power at hand, it wfo or nothing lol.

I've been in a heli a few times snowboarding, super fun, pretty amazing at where the pilots can put them. A buddy is a newer pilot, last summer he flew full time in the Okanagan drying cherries every day...

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
Axxe wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

can you point to the spot on the doll where the motorcycle hurt you ?

photo

lol ...rad

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
Never a street bike rider, I am a dirt guy. I had a couple of dual sports back in the day and it was great not having to load up to go riding. On the street head was ALWAYS on a swivel, close calls made me sell my last one. Raced quads for years road motos for fun in the hills.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I am a dirty guy.

FYP

Perhaps the title of your memoire Pimp

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 18:06 Quote
mysticmountainadventures wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
I am a dirty guy.

FYP

Perhaps the title of your memoire Pimp

I LIKE !

mysticmountainpublishing ?

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 19:06 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Never a street bike rider, I am a dirt guy. I had a couple of dual sports back in the day and it was great not having to load up to go riding. On the street head was ALWAYS on a swivel, close calls made me sell my last one. Raced quads for years road motos for fun in the hills.
I've never been good enough on two wheels in the dirt to really embrace it... four wheels in the dirt and I'll cut loose or give me some pavement and I'll do all kinds of stupid shit but me on two wheels in the dirt usually ends with me on my ass eventually

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.090150
Mobile Version of Website