Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
d-man wrote:
Contractor just installed 100amp equivalent with enough battery backup for 2 days cost for off grid property and it was $140k all in.

Ouch

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
d-man wrote:
Contractor just installed 100amp equivalent with enough battery backup for 2 days cost for off grid property and it was $140k all in.

Ouch
I believe half of that was for the lithium batteries.
Storing energy is expensive apparently

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
d-man wrote:
My fantasy team is looking good for MSA, Finn and Bernard in the top 5qualifiers. Nina and Monica top 5 for ladies.

Last couple days has been cooler temps with a good rainstorm last night. Feeling recharged.

I had Finn and Bernard too, but I also had Myriam who flatted. Still finished with 621 points for this race, which wasn’t too bad. Good race!

I had a decent go outside of Myriam's flat. That one killed me. But 621 with her score is crazy dude! I put up 465. Had Kolb, Finn, Dooley, Meier-Smith, Myriam and Parton.

Kolb's score hurt and Myriam's hurt bad.

Sitting at 4248... which compared to last years top 15 hurts. I can't remember if it was 13 or 11.

EWS was looking half decent until Richie flatted.


Here’s my Round 7 Team

Finn Iles 250
Bernard Kerr 135
Dylan Levesque 100
Antoine Rogge 26
Myriam Nicole 40
Mikayla Parton 70

I also was doing pretty good in EWS until Richie flatted.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 21:04 Quote
Anyone know of any good mtb trails near Arrow Lake and Nakusp, BC?

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 21:14 Quote
d-man wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
d-man wrote:
Contractor just installed 100amp equivalent with enough battery backup for 2 days cost for off grid property and it was $140k all in.

Ouch
I believe half of that was for the lithium batteries.
Storing energy is expensive apparently

Just gonna drop this right here...


Tin foil hat time.
Step one
Mandate electric vehicles until internal combustion is dead.
Step two
Incorporate existing tech like autopilot, gps tracking and tesla based video imagery to record every foot you travel, intelligent speed assist to control speeds in places like school zones, heavy pedestrian traffic areas etc( already exists btw)
Step three
Declare emergency measures to combat the nationwide rolling blackouts due to limited coal production to power said electric vehicles
Step four
Emergency measures leads to the end of private car ownership in favor of communal vehicles that will pick you up and drop you off
Step five
The end of true freedom to travel.

Of course, I could be completely wrong

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 2:57 Quote
Obee1 is not only wise but can see the future

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 4:17 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
Anyone know of any good mtb trails near Arrow Lake and Nakusp, BC?

I think it was criscokid mentioned an area I’ve never heard of. Abriel?

https://www.arrowslocan.com/experiences/mountain-biking/

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 4:26 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Tin foil hat time.
Step one
Mandate electric vehicles until internal combustion is dead.
Step two
Incorporate existing tech like autopilot, gps tracking and tesla based video imagery to record every foot you travel, intelligent speed assist to control speeds in places like school zones, heavy pedestrian traffic areas etc( already exists btw)
Step three
Declare emergency measures to combat the nationwide rolling blackouts due to limited coal production to power said electric vehicles
Step four
Emergency measures leads to the end of private car ownership in favor of communal vehicles that will pick you up and drop you off
Step five
The end of true freedom to travel.

Of course, I could be completely wrong

lol

And in the interim, a social credit score that will ensure your vehicle is deactivated if you post mean tweets or use the wrong pronouns.

And entire generations are being programmed to believe any of this is good for humanity.

/

Trump raided!
Trump arrested?
Trump charged?
Trump jailed?
Win fake election!

/

Anyone see the child sniffer try to put his jacket on yesterday without losing his sunglasses or his mind? Then tell me that utter vacuous husk of a creature runs a country. It couldn’t run a bath.

Nonsense.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:28 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
obee1 wrote:
Tin foil hat time.
Step one
Mandate electric vehicles until internal combustion is dead.
Step two
Incorporate existing tech like autopilot, gps tracking and tesla based video imagery to record every foot you travel, intelligent speed assist to control speeds in places like school zones, heavy pedestrian traffic areas etc( already exists btw)
Step three
Declare emergency measures to combat the nationwide rolling blackouts due to limited coal production to power said electric vehicles
Step four
Emergency measures leads to the end of private car ownership in favor of communal vehicles that will pick you up and drop you off
Step five
The end of true freedom to travel.

Of course, I could be completely wrong

lol

And in the interim, a social credit score that will ensure your vehicle is deactivated if you post mean tweets or use the wrong pronouns.

And entire generations are being programmed to believe any of this is good for humanity.

/

Trump raided!
Trump arrested?
Trump charged?
Trump jailed?
Win fake election!

/

Anyone see the child sniffer try to put his jacket on yesterday without losing his sunglasses or his mind? Then tell me that utter vacuous husk of a creature runs a country. It couldn’t run a bath.

Nonsense.

this is all total madness.

can't wait to see the "price at the pump" when you stop at a 'filling station' to charge your car. lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
speaking of cars....

X5 has a bad CCV so it's sucking oil like Jotato from the Strategic Reserves.

Thank the good lord that BMW designed the system integral to the valve cover so the repair isn't just replacing a cyclonic valve, it requires replacing the entire f*cking valve cover. $600 oem....

might as well chuck another couple hundo at an Eccentric shaft sensor as PM while you have the v/c off right !?!?

VANOS solenoids (that control camshaft advance) are dropping codes intermittently too, so both of those bitches are getting replaced. what's another couple hundred dollars to have the ultimate driving machine...

And there are these two little "valves" buried in the side of the cylinder head that no one tells you about. They are oil non-return valves for those VANOS solenoids. The inlet screens get clogged with debris in the oil (must be carbon bits...) and can create a rough running / poor performing condition. R/F wheel comes off, fender liner comes out, move some brackets for some hard piping. Wrangle 9 feet of 3/8" drive extensions to pull these little ornery f*ckers out to clean them.

as whoadragon would say...f*ck f*cking car f*cker.....

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
adm750 wrote:
speaking of cars....

X5 has a bad CCV so it's sucking oil like Jotato from the Strategic Reserves.

Thank the good lord that BMW designed the system integral to the valve cover so the repair isn't just replacing a cyclonic valve, it requires replacing the entire f*cking valve cover. $600 oem....

might as well chuck another couple hundo at an Eccentric shaft sensor as PM while you have the v/c off right !?!?

VANOS solenoids (that control camshaft advance) are dropping codes intermittently too, so both of those bitches are getting replaced. what's another couple hundred dollars to have the ultimate driving machine...

And there are these two little "valves" buried in the side of the cylinder head that no one tells you about. They are oil non-return valves for those VANOS solenoids. The inlet screens get clogged with debris in the oil (must be carbon bits...) and can create a rough running / poor performing condition. R/F wheel comes off, fender liner comes out, move some brackets for some hard piping. Wrangle 9 feet of 3/8" drive extensions to pull these little ornery f*ckers out to clean them.

as whoadragon would say...f*ck f*cking car f*cker.....

I’ve owned 4 German cars, 3 brands, 2 were high performance versions. Throwing something into a 90 degree bend at 180 kmh and feeling it hit traction peak and bite in gaining grip, with even more in the tank and perfectly balanced, exiting at a slight acceleration is just horny. Not a supercar and some of you have probably owned faster cars, but the sheer driving purity and perfect balance was something to behold

Loved every one. Individually, amazing cars for their purpose/niche. First class driving apparatus. Owned them before hitting warranty suck/much expenditure phase. Always fancied an S-Series Audi SUV. Of all cars, of which the overall average quality is declining, ze Germans still make a great product. Some people call them “boring” with “dull interiors” but I just see class and subtlety. These are people who driving Hyundais with bling everywhere and/cars that tell people how to drive and park for them. Because stupid or lazy.

Still my favourite vehicle and best “all rounder” was the 5.7 V8 eco destroying Grand Cherokee (Greta Choker). I wanted to supercharge it but never got time. Too busy making munny. Financially, on the home run, ready to do it. Then the fluhoax hit and I thought, f*ck this, I’m out of this communist hellhole.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
adm750 wrote:
speaking of cars....

X5 has a bad CCV so it's sucking oil like Jotato from the Strategic Reserves.

Thank the good lord that BMW designed the system integral to the valve cover so the repair isn't just replacing a cyclonic valve, it requires replacing the entire f*cking valve cover. $600 oem....

might as well chuck another couple hundo at an Eccentric shaft sensor as PM while you have the v/c off right !?!?

VANOS solenoids (that control camshaft advance) are dropping codes intermittently too, so both of those bitches are getting replaced. what's another couple hundred dollars to have the ultimate driving machine...

And there are these two little "valves" buried in the side of the cylinder head that no one tells you about. They are oil non-return valves for those VANOS solenoids. The inlet screens get clogged with debris in the oil (must be carbon bits...) and can create a rough running / poor performing condition. R/F wheel comes off, fender liner comes out, move some brackets for some hard piping. Wrangle 9 feet of 3/8" drive extensions to pull these little ornery f*ckers out to clean them.

as whoadragon would say...f*ck f*cking car f*cker.....

I’ve owned 4 German cars, 3 brands, 2 were high performance versions. Throwing something into a 90 degree bend at 180 kmh and feeling it hit traction peak and bite in gaining grip, with even more in the tank and perfectly balanced, exiting at a slight acceleration is just horny. Not a supercar and some of you have probably owned faster cars, but the sheer driving purity and perfect balance was something to behold

Loved every one. Individually, amazing cars for their purpose/niche. First class driving apparatus. Owned them before hitting warranty suck/much expenditure phase. Always fancied an S-Series Audi SUV. Of all cars, of which the overall average quality is declining, ze Germans still make a great product. Some people call them “boring” with “dull interiors” but I just see class and subtlety. These are people who driving Hyundais with bling everywhere and/cars that tell people how to drive and park for them. Because stupid or lazy.

Still my favourite vehicle and best “all rounder” was the 5.7 V8 eco destroying Grand Cherokee (Greta Choker). I wanted to supercharge it but never got time. Too busy making munny. Financially, on the home run, ready to do it. Then the fluhoax hit and I thought, f*ck this, I’m out of this communist hellhole.

Greta's happy you didn't blow her. Not Greta, the Cherokee.. lol

yeah, I've owned a shit ton of cars from all kinds of manufacturers. The BMW's grew on me due to their ability to convey what's happening in a useful way to the driver. Plus, we needed to thin the fleet of sports cars and get a family car when we started to increase the head count of the adm750 clan. An E39 528i sedan fit the bill...and I worked for BMW at the time..

I felt incredibly connected and confident in sketchy conditions (rain/snow/ice) and have left dedicated sports cars struggling to keep pace with the luxy 4-door when the roads turned twisty. They all started to lose that connected feeling, although not their capabilities, around 2004-ish.

their expense and problems were well worth it in exchange for sheer driving pleasure in ALL conditions.....but I'm becoming less and less enamored with the trade-off. Wink

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
Anyone know of any good mtb trails near Arrow Lake and Nakusp, BC?

Head to Mt. Abriel. Stop there. Ride your balls off. Go for a swim. Drink beers. Done.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
^^^ may say f*ck the car, I'd rather do this.....^^^

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Or just getcha one of these! About as simple and reliable a a WWII Willy’s Jeep. Fuel, spark, air….



 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028552
Mobile Version of Website