Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Plums:

“I towed a caravan with an electric car and it was a DISASTER – you’re still better off with diesel.

It was only when I realised that I’d dropped 120 miles of range in 35 minutes with the caravan hitched — we were just 28 miles up the road — that I might have made a mistake.“

Uh, yeah….

I have a plug in Jeep. It's insane how fast it burns through battery power with a ski box and a bike rack up in the wind. Then, straight over to gas engine. Like, normally 40-50 km range on electric power but with all the people and wind resistance it's maybe 15km.

Have you seen the articles about how bad the Ford Lightning is in terms of towing range? That appears to be a quote from a UK source, but the USA reviewers are finding that electric is a tough sale for towing mostly due to frontal area and the cubic relationship between speed and air resistance.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
towing shit using electricity should be left to trains (run by big ass diesels I supply parts for lol )

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
husstler wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
Plums:

“I towed a caravan with an electric car and it was a DISASTER – you’re still better off with diesel.

It was only when I realised that I’d dropped 120 miles of range in 35 minutes with the caravan hitched — we were just 28 miles up the road — that I might have made a mistake.“

Uh, yeah….

I have a plug in Jeep. It's insane how fast it burns through battery power with a ski box and a bike rack up in the wind. Then, straight over to gas engine. Like, normally 40-50 km range on electric power but with all the people and wind resistance it's maybe 15km.

Have you seen the articles about how bad the Ford Lightning is in terms of towing range? That appears to be a quote from a UK source, but the USA reviewers are finding that electric is a tough sale for towing mostly due to frontal area and the cubic relationship between speed and air resistance.
Torque and towing capacity are off the charts, but only really beneficial if you need to tow a nuclear reactor around the block. Smile

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Never go full triple tarded triple posted.

photo
Hell yeah... Berta beef!

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
Apparently US inflation is now zero.

The sharter in chief said so.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

Sounds about right. Never mind that everything costs more and my paycheck is less.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 14:14 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

Sounds about right. Never mind that everything costs more and my paycheck is less.

The way they stick him up in front of a camera and tell him to read the script. It’s comedy gold. Do people actually believe this bs? I mean, he reads like he believes it, but is there any way possible the goofus could not know he’s lying through his teeth? He cannot possibly be unaware that it was over 8% (redefined nu-CPI).

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
gnarbar wrote:

The way they stick him up in front of a camera and tell him to read the script. It’s comedy gold. Do people actually believe this bs? I mean, he reads like he believes it, but is there any way possible the goofus could not know he’s lying through his teeth? He cannot possibly be unaware that it was over 8% (redefined nu-CPI).

I'm pretty sure that he's unaware of what day it is, I don't think he even remembers what inflation is at this point... Biden is basically the Ben Kingsley character from that Iron Man movie where he's supposed to be the evil terrorist but he's really just an actor who has no idea that there's anything larger going on.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
He's only there to collect all the vigs he's "earned" over the years....

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
Winning:

Teenagers who use Facebook (2015): 71%
Teenagers who use Facebook (2022): 32%

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Winning:

I wanna say that's a good sign for the future but I feel like it's just been replaced by something equally stupid or worse that I'm just neither young enough nor hip enough to know about.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:27 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
Winning:

I wanna say that's a good sign for the future but I feel like it's just been replaced by something equally stupid or worse that I'm just neither young enough nor hip enough to know about.

Perhaps 68% of them are hard wired into the MetaVerse buying ice cream and putting virtual deposits down on virtual real estate.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
Winning:

Instant gramification

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
TikTok...

That’s where you be at !!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.053492
Mobile Version of Website