Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 17:29 Quote
True.

“I don't see how we could possibly be stupider here in the West unless we took courses in stupidity.”
- Jordan Peterson

The courses are free and effective. The students are unaware of their enrolment.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 17:56 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
True.

“I don't see how we could possibly be stupider here in the West unless we took courses in stupidity.
- Jordan Peterson

The courses are free and effective. The students are unaware of their enrolment.

This is basically a great description of modern public school systems.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
This is basically a great description of modern public school systems.

And employer training courses.

Typical HR diversity course:

John is a white heterosexual male with 25 years of experience in the industry and has established a client relationship portfolio valued at $25m.

Noshiru has poor written and verbal English skills, is enrolled on a refugee employment program. He has six sexual harassment complaints against him, including two from customers. Colleagues complain about his illegible emails and incomprehensible voicemails.

Q. In order to maximize employee diversity which of the two employees should be promoted to Sales Director?

A. Noshiru needs support to integrate him into the work culture. Promoting him is the best way to attain peak diversity.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
Coffee with steamed milk
Hammering
Brick dust

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Coffee with steamed milk
Hammering
Brick dust

If you don’t, it’s a way bigger headache. Kinda have a point.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Coffee with steamed milk
Hammering
Brick dust

Wheeling the rig toward Vernon today 97 northbound. Dude in old dodge trying to overtake me when we are cab to cab I look over at him and just then his hood flys up and blocks his entire view . It f*cking scared me… but the look on his face !!!!! I’m still chuckling.
I maintained a steady course and he had to back off and figure his life out. Lol

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
Coffee with steamed milk
Hammering
Brick dust

Wheeling the rig toward Vernon today 97 northbound. Dude in old dodge trying to overtake me when we are cab to cab I look over at him and just then his hood flys up and blocks his entire view . It f*cking scared me… but the look on his face !!!!! I’m still chuckling.
I maintained a steady course and he had to back off and figure his life out. Lol

life's little pleasures Wink

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
jamezyo wrote:

That happened to me back in the day, in 1991, actually in soupherb's zone. 100 mph driving a chipped modded turbo nutter bastard hot hatch (bucket seats, boost gauge, all the things) on a two laned highway coming back from a summer vacation the hood just came up and by some miracle I managed to track the centre divider metal barrier through the limited remainder of the vision available, hammer the brakes pretty hard, and pull over. Incredibly the hood wasn't a mangled crumpled mess. I guess nowadays with car bodies made of paper, they would fold like a cheap Chinese umbrella in a gust of wind. After that incident I bought some of those rally style hood camps and went even faster.

I don't see much stuff on the roads here that pisses me off or is just plain retarded. The right hand lane rule isn't really observed, every highway drive is a race to the death across any lane available. Lane splitting by car seems de rigueur. But overall, my blood pressure is much lower during rural or urban driving activities, much more pleasurable, and often interspersed with humorous and entertaining sightings. Way more chilled.

Back in Canadastan, every single trip to town was action packed with mostly tourist orientated dumb mindless selfish gufoonery or ignorance.

Yesterday coming home from town a retard was driving at 10 kmh through the main part of town. Meep meep. Meeeeeep. Must be a tourist. Not much else to report.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
husstler wrote:
Saw a kid just now, riding some shitpit early 2000s Giant hardtail with a home made banana seat thing scabbed into the rear rack mounts and maybe mismatched wheel sizes.

Manualed the entire way down a small flight of stairs, hopped the curbs up and over an intersection and did this little nose tap thing onto the other side of the road.

Even with all the stuff going on in a modern bike I’d have no hope in hell of riding like that.

Reminded me it’s almost never the bike, almost always the rider.

Didn’t ask him what social platforms he’s on.

that's so cool.... gettin' shit done.... tup

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

That happened to me back in the day, in 1991, actually in soupherb's zone. 100 mph driving a chipped modded turbo nutter bastard hot hatch (bucket seats, boost gauge, all the things) on a two laned highway coming back from a summer vacation the hood just came up and by some miracle I managed to track the centre divider metal barrier through the limited remainder of the vision available, hammer the brakes pretty hard, and pull over. Incredibly the hood wasn't a mangled crumpled mess. I guess nowadays with car bodies made of paper, they would fold like a cheap Chinese umbrella in a gust of wind. After that incident I bought some of those rally style hood camps and went even faster.

I don't see much stuff on the roads here that pisses me off or is just plain retarded. The right hand lane rule isn't really observed, every highway drive is a race to the death across any lane available. Lane splitting by car seems de rigueur. But overall, my blood pressure is much lower during rural or urban driving activities, much more pleasurable, and often interspersed with humorous and entertaining sightings. Way more chilled.

Back in Canadastan, every single trip to town was action packed with mostly tourist orientated dumb mindless selfish gufoonery or ignorance.

Yesterday coming home from town a retard was driving at 10 kmh through the main part of town. Meep meep. Meeeeeep. Must be a tourist. Not much else to report.

back in the day I was busting down I4 in Orlando heading to nickel beer night in my bright yellow modded 9500 rpm redline '79 RX-7.sunroof in vent position.

starts to rain and I'm getting water wisping in while doing triple digits. reach up to close it - sunroof panel relieves itself of duty filling the hole in the roof and takes off like an airplane.

working to the left shoulder to pull over and looking in the rearview, I see it tumble back to the interstate like space debris. BAM....! immediately run over by this dude in a ratty smokey and the bandit style T/A.

I'm now stopped, he's stopped, I get out run back to past him to fetch my roof as he's getting out of the car. I pick up my bent-to-f*ck sunroof panel and run back up towards my car. Blurt Reynolds (this gank bodybuilder wanna be motherf*cker in the T/A....) blocks my way back yelling about how my sunroof hit his car.

I said yeah you dick, it did...(me pointing to the tire mark across it) it hit the bottom of one of the tires on this piece of shit you're driving...now get the f*ck out of my way before every shit you take in the future is speckled with Mazda Spark Yellow paint from this sunroof. f*cker steps back. don't ever get between my and my car, and definitely don't hold me up from nickle beer night you f*cking ass clown. I get back to the car, flatten it out, rig it to stay put and head downtown....

good times... lol

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:18 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Coffee with steamed milk
Hammering
Brick dust

No Chinese clothing tag is gonna rule my life......If I can consolidate bath night and laundry night all in one, I'm going for it! lol

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
Was sitting at the light controlled highway intersection going into town yesterday. Waiting to turn left, RCMP came out of tim Hortons and had red light. My direction turned yellow them red car blows through intersection. Cop to lazy to go after them.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
d-man wrote:
Was sitting at the light controlled highway intersection going into town yesterday. Waiting to turn left, RCMP came out of tim Hortons and had red light. My direction turned yellow them red car blows through intersection. Cop to lazy to go after them.

Seems like a lot of people are just starting to totally give up. Everything is too much hassle.

In a former life I had a good long chat with a seasoned cop about society, crime, the general direction things were heading - disillusioned and cynical, like I was - and it was quite revealing. Probably explains why if you act respectfully and reasonably, you can talk your way out of a ticket. The amount of absolute arseholes they deal with every day is surreal.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
d-man wrote:

Was too dangerous to light them up because of this! " RCMP came out of tim Hortons"...
Probably had coffee for everyone back at the station.

That sounds like a line that needs a punchline to follow... RCMP came out of tim Hortons...

Here is an old one.
What does the RCMP call the local Tim Hortons?
Stakeout location.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038715
Mobile Version of Website