Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
More UK nanny state Clownworld msm nonsense.

"Being a 'nice' driver could get you an unlimited fine and nine points on your driving licence.

Things like flashing your lights to warn others of upcoming speed cameras can leave you with a hefty fine and points on your licence, as can beeping your horn when going around tight bends to warn other drivers that you're coming their way.

The fine for beeping your horn around tight bends is £1,000 (but with no points added to your licence) - but if you use your hazards to thank a driver behind you, you face an UNLIMITED fine and up to nine points on your licence."

Where to start... ha

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 7:58 Quote
f*cking right I will continue to beep my horn!!!

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
My gran sold flowers from outside her home for 50+ yrs (second door up from the right), pink checkered pinafore, lit, hand rolled *ag hanging off her bottom lip permanently, hands like a work hardened mole & the closest you’d find to a white , ginger-haired yardie lol . Real tea leaves, kettle always on the Range & pink wafers by the tin, dishcloths for the grubby kids faces..

The only person in my family that understood me from day one, a look and a smile, no words needed. Best wallpaper in the f*cking world, mushrooms you say? Very much so ha

Some people just brighten up the world one flower at a time

Simpler purer times. A world away from the current psychosis. It's partly why we chose here. Simpler, raw, pure, visceral.
Like a time machine, going back 20, 30, 40, even 50 years. People selling their various wares from a doorstep or a cart. Even fruit from a wheelbarrow in town. Makes me smile everyday, while the distant world makes me shake my head in disbelief.

I'm old enough to remember ragboneman...

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
My gran sold flowers from outside her home for 50+ yrs (second door up from the right), pink checkered pinafore, lit, hand rolled *ag hanging off her bottom lip permanently, hands like a work hardened mole & the closest you’d find to a white , ginger-haired yardie lol . Real tea leaves, kettle always on the Range & pink wafers by the tin, dishcloths for the grubby kids faces..

The only person in my family that understood me from day one, a look and a smile, no words needed. Best wallpaper in the f*cking world, mushrooms you say? Very much so ha

Some people just brighten up the world one flower at a time

Simpler purer times. A world away from the current psychosis. It's partly why we chose here. Simpler, raw, pure, visceral.
Like a time machine, going back 20, 30, 40, even 50 years. People selling their various wares from a doorstep or a cart. Even fruit from a wheelbarrow in town. Makes me smile everyday, while the distant world makes me shake my head in disbelief.

I'm old enough to remember ragboneman...

Absolutely. Immerse yourselves and revel in the true greatness of a sharing community

Whenever we went out visiting friends as a family, the car was packed with home cooking & fresh home grown farm produce , this was the way.. the only way

...arriving home to find a big box full of another farmers produce whom called round ‘out of the blue’

People wouldn’t know how to cope now, they’d be looking for some twisted reasoning or perverted angle to judge another’s selfless generosity

Get back to the basics

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
gnarbar wrote:

Too good too good!!

I’d have to converse with said shop owner, if only to just share briefly that shining light of intelligence

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
I read where an 8 year old girl was selling lemonade from her home and someone called the police on her because she was "competing" with some kind of a food festival down the road. At least the officer that showed up gave her $20 for a cup before shutting her down. WTF is wrong with people ? An 8 year old girl for Christ sake.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I read where an 8 year old girl was selling lemonade from her home and someone called the police on her because she was "competing" with some kind of a food festival down the road. At least the officer that showed up gave her $20 for a cup before shutting her down. WTF is wrong with people ? An 8 year old girl for Christ sake.

Showing initiative and business prowess?

Better let her know that the world she has entered detests that kind of thing...

c*nts

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
ATV25 wrote:

Brutal, probably the Karen who organized the festival was pissed that she had done so much work for the festival and this little shit was stealing her thunder.
If I see kids with a lemonade stand I stop and buy. Gotta reward kids for learning the value of a dollar and the effort needed to earn it.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:43 Quote
ha. sounds like someone came in and ordered a cosmopolitan while changing the channel off the game.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
Local mini-festival , three day debauchery , but first day is ‘meet & greet’ , introduce yourself to like-minded individuals, bring the family (monkeys arrive later) , kinda thang

Three ‘van life’ kids , all of them less than 11, selling Rizlas (ALL the Rizlas/Rips/ ..et al) & at a premium price point, on their own, bowler hats, zero f*cks

They knew the adults were unprepared, or, were most certainly going to become unstuck..

“ here kids, here is a tenner, now don’t come back...’

Three thumbs go up, three broad smiles, respect earned and coin achieved, no further pestering

Chuckles

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Think I'm gonna get the daughter another frame this winter and build her up a proper MTB. She's outgrown her current steed plus it's a DJ frame. She really liked the color (lol) so f*ck it we went for it. She loves her bike though....

I'm gonna build it up for a dad DJ. f*ck, I barely ride as it is, why not build up another bike I'll hardly ever ride lol lol Rolleyes

3 post douchebag...

Rewind..

Yes, do it, daughters choice of colour on new frame. Rad dad

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
More UK nanny state Clownworld msm nonsense.

"Being a 'nice' driver could get you an unlimited fine and nine points on your driving licence.

Things like flashing your lights to warn others of upcoming speed cameras can leave you with a hefty fine and points on your licence, as can beeping your horn when going around tight bends to warn other drivers that you're coming their way.

The fine for beeping your horn around tight bends is £1,000 (but with no points added to your licence) - but if you use your hazards to thank a driver behind you, you face an UNLIMITED fine and up to nine points on your licence."

Looks like the MSM have caught a keeper.

Those rules have been in place for a long time, and those descriptions of 'crimes' have been created to deliberately cause outrage.

The logic behind the rules is actually common sense. Do better.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
The logic behind the rules is actually common sense.

You think so?

"if you use your hazards to thank a driver behind you, you face an UNLIMITED fine and up to nine points on your licence".

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
The logic behind the rules is actually common sense.

You think so?

"if you use your hazards to thank a driver behind you, you face an UNLIMITED fine and up to nine points on your licence".

Doesn't say that in the Highway code. Try again.

Like I said, nice bit of outrage generating headlines and 'research' to generate revenue and traffic for the website in question.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024223
Mobile Version of Website