Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 9:27 Quote
"The world is literally a greener place than it was 20 years ago" - NASA

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/human-activity-in-china-and-india-dominates-the-greening-of-earth-nasa-study-shows

U.S. CDC has deleted the statement that the "mRNA and the spike protein do not last long in the body" from the website. - so how long DO they last? Asking for boosted peon poisoners.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
Remember how "dirty" the world was in the 1970s ? The TV commercial with the Indian crying with a filthy river / big city in the background ? Pelosi saying they voted to save mother earth, please they voted to have 3rd world countries put out more pollution and send our $ to China. Drink the Kool aid lefties

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
TibZ wrote:
I don't understand why you would be so pissed at someone wearing a mask. At this point this is like being pissed at someone because he wears pink clothes, glasses or a specific haircut you dislike. You know nothing about these people. Maybe they are immunodeficient. Maybe they already got it and it was tough. Maybe they feel better wearing it in public for whatever reason. Why would you judge that so harshly while simultaneously requesting to be allowed to do whatever you want?

Freedom is a two way street, isn't it?

I am pissed at maskidiots for what their ilk done to our country, our freedoms, and our children in particular. They can go around with a paper bag over their heads for all I care, but those aggressively obedient morons forced my children to wear this new symbol of communist religion in school. That is offensive to me and they can all go and drown themselves in sewer for all I care.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
"The world is literally a greener place than it was 20 years ago" - NASA

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/human-activity-in-china-and-india-dominates-the-greening-of-earth-nasa-study-shows

U.S. CDC has deleted the statement that the "mRNA and the spike protein do not last long in the body" from the website. - so how long DO they last? Asking for boosted peon poisoners.

Less long than similar fragments from an actual infection.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
German enviro groups are protesting the use of LNG. They have no answers for an alternative but are demanding the government to stop the importing of it.
Clueless sheep. It's baaad for the environment, ok go without then. They will soon find out in November when it gets cold how much they need it.
They have shortages of power cause coal plants are dirty. Closed them down. Put all their focus into solar, not doing so well apparently.
Take note Canadians, this is our future too if you continue to be sheep and follow the environmental crusade.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
d-man wrote:
German enviro groups are protesting the use of LNG. They have no answers for an alternative but are demanding the government to stop the importing of it.
Clueless sheep. It's baaad for the environment, ok go without then. They will soon find out in November when it gets cold how much they need it.
They have shortages of power cause coal plants are dirty. Closed them down. Put all their focus into solar, not doing so well apparently.
Take note Canadians, this is our future too if you continue to be sheep and follow the environmental crusade.

Heirs to the founders of the top central banks fund Germanys most extreme radical green/eco groups. Who’d have guessed?

Germany will starve/freeze/go bankrupt.
Pick one. Maybe two.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 14:40 Quote
flgfish I hope the little lady handles chemo well, my daughter has NF1 and we went thru chemo when she was very young and she made it through alright. I hope the same for you and her and if I can help with anything please reach out. As for the German bitch that posted he can GTFO!! I hope you f*ckers have a great weekend and I am off to watch the Canadian open! Also Tomas Lemoine is my new hero!!!

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
flgfish I hope the little lady handles chemo well, my daughter has NF1 and we went thru chemo when she was very young and she made it through alright. I hope the same for you and her and if I can help with anything please reach out. As for the German bitch that posted he can GTFO!! I hope you f*ckers have a great weekend and I am off to watch the Canadian open! Also Tomas Lemoine is my new hero!!!
Tomas sent it huge!

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
Sofa King huge!! Timo is stoked right now!! Now if the DH would hurry up and start….

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 15:51 Quote
I'm all for reducing carbon emissions. I also think a lot of this "NO ICE VEHICLE BY 2030" type thing is ridiculous. EV's do not have the range or quick enough charge times to be feasible for lots of industry. Many countries already struggle with rolling blacks outs during the summer months because AC increases demand. Unless a really strong focus is put on nuclear technologies we will be very dependent on fossil fuels for much longer then these green folk would like.

I think the thing to do is to take steps towards less emissions. Build tidal generation facilities and wind power, Convert coal fired plants to natural gas as possible, start building nuclear plants in areas where it is safe to do so. Hydrogen vehicles (be it fuel cell or ICE) need to be accepted as an equal to EV's and fuel for these needs to be available. Shift away from the worse offenders to solutions that are less hard on the environment.

Even if we could stop the use of hydrocarbons tomorrow we still have thousands of Oil & gas infrastructure world wide that would need to be abandoned, Pretty much every piece of equipment that would be required for this runs on.... Diesel.

Maybe im all f*cked up here.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 18:09 Quote
Sounds like common sense ripper...

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:

No, sensible. The only issue is the ECE (energy cost of energy) for turbines exceeds the energy produced in their lifetime.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 18:29 Quote
Neil Oliver. Quality rant.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/McX45BDPBXV6/

Edited: still shows on YT GB News channel.

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 18:30 Quote
In the parlance of our times, Neil is based AF.
I actually saw that on YT yesterday in my recommended videos. Neil always gets a listen from me.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 18:59 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

No, sensible. The only issue is the ECE (energy cost of energy) for turbines exceeds the energy produced in their lifetime.
Eh most people Quote the 2009 essay by David Hughes to support this claim. This is very selective quotation though, as he was explaining that poor location selection will result in a wind turbine that never generates the amount of energy that went into its manufacture, he elaborates that a properly placed turbine will generate an equal amount of energy as was required to manufacture it in as little as 6 months. Multiple studies since have found that most 2 megawatt turbines installed in the US have hit the "net zero" point 6-8 months after installation.

I don't love wind turbines, they take up a huge amount of space and seem to have fairly negative effects on the health of people living near by. Preferable to hydroelectric dams, about on par with solar. I think tidal has the most promise for countries with any amount of coast line. Geothermal also really interests me. Small foot print, relatively easy install the wells are very similar to oil and gas wells providing work to a while energy sector without retraining them. To me getting away from coal is the biggest thing. There is no prefect solution each has its draw backs.

Keep in mind oil and gas pays my bills, I'm not against hydrocarbon production. I just think as a society we can do better...

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024225
Mobile Version of Website