Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
d-man wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

Mine too. I had 729 points this race, my best so far this season. Unfortunately the previous races weren’t so good points wise so overall still not a great points total.
Richie Rude 250
Rhys Verner 75
Jack Menzies 105
Daniel Self 24
Hattie Harnden 250
Florencia Espineira 25
Good choices, One of mine was a no show unfortunately.

Yeah, that blows. That’s happened to me on a few races this season. It should show on the list just like an injury if they aren’t going to attend a race.

I was feeling responsible for any injuries last time I tried fantasy enduro or DH - by simply selecting a racer, they would shortly afterward show up injured.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Yeah EllaC is Ella Connolly.

She made a big move the week that she missed when it wasn't announced she was missing it until after team changes were closed off. Not even on her social.

That was week 3. Was the week that totally knocked me out of any sort of competitive finish for the year. That and the Richie Rude flat are the 2 big hits this year for me and my 2 worst weeks. Think I'd be in the top 300 otherwise. Not that I was gonna win it either way. LOL!

But if you look at it. The guy in 3rd place is down by 10 points... week 3 he got 434 points because EC put up a zero. EC got 556. Had the dude swapped out EC for someone of similar money... say Harnden or something like that... they would be in first place by a large margin right now. Same with the person sitting in 4th and the person sittting in 5th and 7th... etc. It completely disrupted the contest for the entire year.

Yeah, that’s not cool.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
husstler wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
d-man wrote:

Good choices, One of mine was a no show unfortunately.

Yeah, that blows. That’s happened to me on a few races this season. It should show on the list just like an injury if they aren’t going to attend a race.

I was feeling responsible for any injuries last time I tried fantasy enduro or DH - by simply selecting a racer, they would shortly afterward show up injured.

lol lol lol

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 17:59 Quote
Hey sterling wtf is up in WashState? State wide band on vehicle pursuit ? You can steel a car and drive away and the police can't chase you ! I think they are trying to out California California LOL

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 18:24 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Hey sterling wtf is up in WashState? State wide band on vehicle pursuit ? You can steel a car and drive away and the police can't chase you ! I think they are trying to out California California LOL

It’s ridiculous avenue here. Don’t have to buy tabs apparently either. You’re also able to straight up steal 700.00$ (i think is the limit) of goods from an establishment with no recourse... cause...equity.

The inmates are running the asylum.

Not to stir the pot. I got no jabs. Any links to these death rate upticks articles?

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
that's all so f*cked up. Rolleyes

let me know if any shops out there got some sweet hoops for...say.... $699.99 or less Razz

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 18:24 Quote
Liz Cheney got clobbered by 37 points. She did an interview and compared herself to Abe Lincoln haha does she think she can run for President ? LOL

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 8:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Any links to these death rate upticks articles?

This is a good start, but mostly using only one country as a backdrop. I've seen the same for US, Canada, Germany, Holland, Taiwan and Australia. Lots of context in the article that builds up the bigger picture. Death rate for all cause mortality and the rapidly declining birth rate are the two indicators. Also look at hospitalizations, patient load on cardiac and ER. Steve Kirsch is a good guy to follow.

The health nazis are all backtracking now and in total panic/CYA mode. After last weeks CDC announcement there's this admission:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cdc-announces-overhaul-after-botching-pandemic

"Prior to this pandemic, our infrastructure within the agency and around the country was too frail to tackle what we confronted with Covid-19," she (Walensky) said. "To be frank, we are responsible for some pretty dramatic, pretty public mistakes — from testing, to data, to communications."

If you read quotes from Dr Birx, DJT's medical policy advisor, it's a shocking admission that everything to do with "The Xi-ence" was made up botched guesswork.

Anyway I have to remind myself I have no more skin in the game. It's up to everyone else in the west to fight the fight and look after themselves as the shitshow erupts going forward. Not my problems, and many have no fight left in them and are just apathists, apologists, enablers, or apparatchiks.

Apologies to the pub for digging too deep into a subject that most people are tired of and have Xi-ence fatigue.

/

The last two days have been amazingly hot and sunny here with not as much wind or dust as recently. UV is off the charts. Guys are full on all day, though thankfully working under shade. Heading out to look at some local real estate for a reno-flip test-and-measure project I'm considering with another local entrepreneur. Chicken coop structure is almost finished then on to the finishing work.

No hammering.
No tile saw.
No dust.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 11:19 Quote
Think I found what bike rack I'm gonna order.

I've been using a 1up rack and I'm honestly only mildly impressed. The overall function is awesome. Build is great. But despite the reinforcement, the thing sways all over the place. Not stable at all. I don't even like having 2 bikes on it as they move all over the place the I'm driving.

Found this company called RIGD. They make offroad parts. They made a rack that is actually trail speed rated. They have weight ratings dependent on how much air/speed you're getting while off road.

Think I'm going to get a two bike set up. The bikes literally don't move. It's sweet.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 14:19 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Liz Cheney got clobbered by 37 points. She did an interview and compared herself to Abe Lincoln haha does she think she can run for President ? LOL

she's a RINO chump Razz

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

I've been using a 1up rack and I'm honestly only mildly impressed. The overall function is awesome. Build is great. But despite the reinforcement, the thing sways all over the place. Not stable at all. I don't even like having 2 bikes on it as they move all over the place the I'm driving.

Found this company called RIGD. They make offroad parts. They made a rack that is actually trail speed rated. They have weight ratings dependent on how much air/speed you're getting while off road.

Think I'm going to get a two bike set up. The bikes literally don't move. It's sweet.

Looks sweet, and heavy duty AF, but it still only has a single point mount into the receiver right ?? I think the stresses would be enormous on the interconnecting parts of a single point mount.

worth getting just the tray only and building up your own custom mount for it....???

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 16:53 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:

There's something wrong with your installation of your 1up is swaying... the stability is probably the most impressive thing about them imo. Are you sure the pinch ball adjustment is tight? I put my bike in that thing and give it a shake and it shakes the whole truck.

My only beef with their racks is having to reach all the way under to pull the release when it's extended, but I just need to buy one of those things they have now that relocates it to the end of the rack to resolve that

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 17:14 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

There's something wrong with your installation of your 1up is swaying... the stability is probably the most impressive thing about them imo. Are you sure the pinch ball adjustment is tight? I put my bike in that thing and give it a shake and it shakes the whole truck.

My only beef with their racks is having to reach all the way under to pull the release when it's extended, but I just need to buy one of those things they have now that relocates it to the end of the rack to resolve that

My 1up did 147mph on the back of my Outback with my Levo and DJ bike on it. lol

Granted the 1up wasn't on my Forester the times I have jumped that car, but I 100% feel confident in the stability of the 1up racks.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 18:01 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Any links to these death rate upticks articles?

This is a good start, but mostly using only one country as a backdrop. I've seen the same for US, Canada, Germany, Holland, Taiwan and Australia. Lots of context in the article that builds up the bigger picture. Death rate for all cause mortality and the rapidly declining birth rate are the two indicators. Also look at hospitalizations, patient load on cardiac and ER. Steve Kirsch is a good guy to follow.

The health nazis are all backtracking now and in total panic/CYA mode. After last weeks CDC announcement there's this admission:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/cdc-announces-overhaul-after-botching-pandemic

"Prior to this pandemic, our infrastructure within the agency and around the country was too frail to tackle what we confronted with Covid-19," she (Walensky) said. "To be frank, we are responsible for some pretty dramatic, pretty public mistakes — from testing, to data, to communications."

If you read quotes from Dr Birx, DJT's medical policy advisor, it's a shocking admission that everything to do with "The Xi-ence" was made up botched guesswork.

Anyway I have to remind myself I have no more skin in the game. It's up to everyone else in the west to fight the fight and look after themselves as the shitshow erupts going forward. Not my problems, and many have no fight left in them and are just apathists, apologists, enablers, or apparatchiks.

Apologies to the pub for digging too deep into a subject that most people are tired of and have Xi-ence fatigue.

/

The last two days have been amazingly hot and sunny here with not as much wind or dust as recently. UV is off the charts. Guys are full on all day, though thankfully working under shade. Heading out to look at some local real estate for a reno-flip test-and-measure project I'm considering with another local entrepreneur. Chicken coop structure is almost finished then on to the finishing work.

No hammering.
No tile saw.
No dust.

Willcheck. Did some looking the other day. Lots of information surrounding insurance claims for unexplainable deaths up 40% +.

Crazy shit.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 18:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Willcheck. Did some looking the other day. Lots of information surrounding insurance claims for unexplainable deaths up 40% +.

As if by magic, today the msm attempts a smokescreen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11125573/Effects-lockdown-causing-deaths-Covid.html

Yup. Word is the insurance underwriters will go broke. Unless….they go after the pHARMa companies.

But immunity, right? Not for fraud….
Fraudulent claims of efficacy. Rigged trials.

/

Insect food
Human digestive system
Chitins
Cancer
Tumours

Connect the dots…

https://academic.oup.com/ajcp/advance-article-abstract/doi/10.1093/ajcp/aqac082/6652807?redirectedFrom=fulltext

Eat ze bugs
For your health…

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027475
Mobile Version of Website