Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
[Quote="obee1"]
gnarbar wrote:
husstler wrote:
I think a "normal" lack of work ethic is great.

on a selfish level sure, but i want to live in a community of capable purposeful people. not surrounded by losers that i can manipulate and control to my own advantage.
like, a teenager asked me advice about an available job interview as an usher at the calgary flames arena. i told him to make sure to wear a suit and look everyone in the eye when you shake hands firmly. thats it. the 17 year old boy got the job and everyone else was an adult. he said he was the only one wearing a suit in the full waiting room.
like, ffs didnt they think that the interviewer would want to be able to envision what they would look like as an usher?

work ethic itself is a shitty descriptor.

That's good advice for meeting just about anyone new - look your best and make some eye contact. Good age too, for a life lesson like that.

I have a retired neighbour a few houses down the street that's a Flames usher, he figures he doesn't have much else to do and he gets into a good number of events for free.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
Views: 24    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Took my son to the motocross track last weekend. While I was there, I decided to do some laps on the adult track. It's Thursday and I'm still sore. I'm getting old...

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Oh how things are changing....much liberal tears and tantrums.

The very apparatus they used to deny people a voice, to suppress facts and reality, and to lie through their bare teeth to spew propaganda is now being used against them.

Tweet bs.
Kickback.
Tweet deleted.

"But if we can't lie, and warp reality, and fool people, how can we win elections?"

Anyone that uses that platform and takes a single thing seriously should at best be sterilised, at worst shot. Bunch of delusional f*cking pussies that hang out on there, on both sides of the aisle.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
Truth on that one Mando!! Never had Twitter and never will. F that noise.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Anyone that uses that platform and takes a single thing seriously should at best be sterilised, at worst shot. Bunch of delusional f*cking pussies that hang out on there, on both sides of the aisle.

Its like the MetaVerse to them. Its their reality. They exist inside it. Its beyond virtual.

Same with TikTok and to a lesser extent IG, which has more sensible visual content and better engagement.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 13:40 Quote
Hey now!! Instagram is completely different!!! lol

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Hey now!! Instagram is completely different!!! lol

Oh for sure its nowhere near as bad. But they do spew their psychosis over most social media.

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
It's what we used to call common sense. It's not very common anymore.

Common sense, the original oxymoron !

Posted: Nov 3, 2022 at 19:31 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
It's what we used to call common sense. It's not very common anymore.

Common sense, the original oxymoron !

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-power-prime/201107/common-sense-is-neither-common-nor-sense

“Common sense is neither common nor sense. There's not a whole of sound judgment going on these days (though whether it is worse than in the past, I can't be sure), so it's not common. If common sense was common, then most people wouldn't make the kinds of decisions they do every day. People wouldn't buy stuff they can't afford. They wouldn't smoke cigarettes or eat junk food. They wouldn't gamble. And if you want to get really specific and timely, politicians wouldn't be tweeting pictures of their private parts to strangers. People wouldn't do the multitude of things that are clearly not good for them.“

Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 6:23 Quote
Eyes still on Brazil.

A precursor to the midterms?

Act II of III.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/46VzbkLPn3sG/

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
Winter has made an appearance, snowed Tues. Melted in town but still have 5ish CMS at the ranch. Alpine got close to a meter.
Temps dropping to -15 overnight Next week.
Won't be long until I wreak of 2 smoke goodness!

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
d-man wrote:
Winter has made an appearance, snowed Tues. Melted in town but still have 5ish CMS at the ranch. Alpine got close to a meter.
She’s coming down in the OK too.
f*ckin must be hammering at elevation.
5 months till I’m back in the water…

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
We may get into the 60s end of next week.
Time to bust out the beanies.

Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
d-man wrote:

Fuk that bs.

21 here with a light breeze…..supposed to be the start of rainy season but the UV is higher than ever, in fact they issued a warning for some areas. I just watered some plants, trimmed some roses and put down weed killer.

Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
70 degrees today.... gonna ride tomorrow. or punch myself in the face if I don't. Really Mad

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.052275
Mobile Version of Website