Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:40 Quote
f*cking hilarious ster...!

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Thanks dude.. Nice to have a sounding board. I definitely fell closest to grandpa with my career and mechanical aptitude. But he passed before I really got deep into it. So definitely wish he could have seen the stuff I am doing now.
bla bla ...Good stuff.

im gonna use my journey as an artist to provide me licence to get all hippy dippy reincarnation-ish in here, so here goes;

your ancestors, all your ancestors, are looking down on you. always. when i look at the mtns and see faces in the rocks, when i see the wind in the grass blow like the waves of an ocean, when i see birds fly in organic formations undulating thru the sky, it is my ancestors looking down and being entertained by the results of the work that they put in while they were on earth. i also think that when they are ready to join in again- they take on another life, and it could be in the form of a man, a dog, a tree.... the possibilities are endless.
my job is to make the show worth watching. i could be wrong, i could be right- its as impossible to say as any other religious story might offer. but in the end, working with the idea that my ancestors are watching makes me work harder whenever the chance to be a bitch arises- because when i meet them i don't want to sit at the bitch table.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
if there was an alternate universe that celebrated thanksgiving by having dinners served with BBQ brisket, ribs, pulled pork and other smoked yummies instead of turkey and ham- who else would ditch the bird?

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
obee1 wrote:
if there was an alternate universe that celebrated thanksgiving by having dinners served with BBQ brisket, ribs, pulled pork and other smoked yummies instead of turkey and ham- who else would ditch the bird?

I would. Turkey’s just not my jam.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
obee1 wrote:

I would. Turkey’s just not my jam.

It's not mine either. But frying it with hot sauce made it a once a year meat that I actually look forward to.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
Give me a cow any day. Turkey is cool but would rather eat moo meat. I've got a deep fryer but have never used it, for 3 years I've been trying to convince my wife but she watches to many videos of turkey fires HAHA

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
Give me a cow any day. Turkey is cool but would rather eat moo meat. I've got a deep fryer but have never used it, for 3 years I've been trying to convince my wife but she watches to many videos of turkey fires HAHA

i have come to terms with an understanding that people who deep fry their turkeys are unconsciously practicing the ancient rite of human self sacrifice to honour the gods. like the stone temple pilots of the mayan age, hurling themselves off the edge of the pyramid, our courageous hill billy neighbours risk their creatively spaced teeth and the project car sitting on the front lawn everytime they dump their bird into the vat of boiling stupidity.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 11:44 Quote
I deep fried turkey one year and it was amazing....when we ate it at 10pm. I did not realize how long it was going to take to heat the oil to temp when it was -10c outside. All the beer was done by the time the bird was ready and things got a bit messy but I had a great afternoon "cooking" the bird.

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 11:59 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
I deep fried turkey one year and it was amazing....when we ate it at 10pm. I did not realize how long it was going to take to heat the oil to temp when it was -10c outside. All the beer was done by the time the bird was ready and things got a bit messy but I had a great afternoon "cooking" the bird.

Beer makes everything better

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
obee1 wrote:

Pigsgiving, Steaksgiving.... I'm in....

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
obee1 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Thanks dude.. Nice to have a sounding board. I definitely fell closest to grandpa with my career and mechanical aptitude. But he passed before I really got deep into it. So definitely wish he could have seen the stuff I am doing now.
bla bla ...Good stuff.

im gonna use my journey as an artist to provide me licence to get all hippy dippy reincarnation-ish in here, so here goes;

your ancestors, all your ancestors, are looking down on you. always. when i look at the mtns and see faces in the rocks, when i see the wind in the grass blow like the waves of an ocean, when i see birds fly in organic formations undulating thru the sky, it is my ancestors looking down and being entertained by the results of the work that they put in while they were on earth. i also think that when they are ready to join in again- they take on another life, and it could be in the form of a man, a dog, a tree.... the possibilities are endless.
my job is to make the show worth watching. i could be wrong, i could be right- its as impossible to say as any other religious story might offer. but in the end, working with the idea that my ancestors are watching makes me work harder whenever the chance to be a bitch arises- because when i meet them i don't want to sit at the bitch table.
Preach!

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
obee1 wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
bla bla ...Good stuff.

Preach!

straight up Salute

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
....delay of game (MIL not feeling well at all...she's having a very rough go of it....).....1 day penalty....repeat first down tomorrow. Cry

Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 16:18 Quote
I hope she feels better adm and you get to enjoy time with her. In-laws out today, it's been a good time. They are both starting to age fast, sad but inevitable. Just got to enjoy what they have left. Father in-law has some good stories.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.145674
Mobile Version of Website