Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 15:15 Quote
man, f*ck all that noise d-man...! Eek

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
That sucks, I’d move first if I was in that position.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 19:19 Quote
My wife asked me to buy her an e-bike.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 19:36 Quote
Pfft. Buy it, ride more. Rookie.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 20:52 Quote
He’s afraid he won’t be able to keep up when she gets it. lol Get it for her man! Happy wife, happy life!

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 22:55 Quote
I absolutely see how she would gloat waiting for me on some local climbs. Bitch.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I absolutely see how she would gloat waiting for me on some local climbs. Bitch.

Ha!

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
d-man wrote:
Some serious bullshit happening in BC and Canada in regards to vaccines again
BC is proposing legislation to change the health care system. Closing many colleges and moving providers like naturalpath, chiropractic massage etc to be governed by BC health.
They also are trying to slide in legislation to be able to mandate vaccines to all residents if they deem necessary. BC people need to speak up or we're going to be looking at very different times very soon.
There is a proposal from the Ontario college of physicians to legally deem any citizen who refuses vaccines to be mentally ill and force them into medication, fines or prison.
Unfricken believable this type of authoritarianism is being pushed.
And to top it off the new gun legislation has slipped in a few more things like any semi auto firearm that has more than 5 rounds and a removable clip. See a pattern? Remove the tools to fight and add laws to round up anyone who doesn't conform.

Sovereign republic of Alberta is the way. My brand new rifle is on that list and I ain't selling it back.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 8:37 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Sovereign republic of Alberta is the way. My brand new rifle is on that list and I ain't selling it back.

I really hope it doesnt come to that. Imagine uprooting your wife, kids trying to find a new job etc... sounds f*cking terrible.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:

I really hope it doesnt come to that. Imagine uprooting your wife, kids trying to find a new job etc... sounds f*cking terrible.

i think about it all the time. my family loves visiting the states but don't want to move at all, and i'm f*cking 51 years old and do not want to uproot. and like, going into teaching would be something close to cutting our standard of living in half. but this ain't the country that i grew up in anymore , and i don't want my kids to grow up under "don't speak the truth for fear of making someone uncomfortable" as the philosophical foundation that a country builds its character upon.
so yeah, we are torn as well.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 9:54 Quote
The sad part is that there's really no place that's safe from this bullshit... it's the real virus and it's spreading unchecked.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
obee1 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:

i think about it all the time. my family loves visiting the states but don't want to move at all, and i'm f*cking 51 years old and do not want to uproot. and like, going into teaching would be something close to cutting our standard of living in half. but this ain't the country that i grew up in anymore , and i don't want my kids to grow up under "don't speak the truth for fear of making someone uncomfortable" as the philosophical foundation that a country builds its character upon.

Dude. All of this.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The sad part is that there's really no place that's safe from this bullshit... it's the real virus and it's spreading unchecked.

Unfortunately there is a huge percentage of the population that still trusts the government and is completely comfortable handing over rights and freedoms one at a time. They are complete oblivious to how far they have allowed the government into their homes.

The only thing that is going to stop this unfortunately is a MASSIVE uprising and that won't be good for anyone.

The only other option is a complete political reset and some intention in slowly repealing a lot of these documents.

The government has taken more and more money, more and more rights and is doing less and less for the population. Meanwhile these no term limited politicians live their entire lives fat off the land and set their families up with generational wealth.

Is Texas the only state that can legally leave the states?

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Dude. All of this.

Agreed. People are afraid to speak. Cancel culture has taken roots so deeply in our youth it's crazy. There's a lack of respect for the truth, lack of respect for the opinions of peers and a lack of respect for authority that's probably never been seen in North America before.

It's crazy that we're inching closer to the policies of the countries we attached for these same policies not even 30 years ago.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046930
Mobile Version of Website