Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
gents.....

I have been absent from this forum for SEVERAL years. I have spent the last couple of days catching up. Obviously, can't catch up on all 2,343,767 posts from my last visit. However, glad to see many of you are still around and generally doing well...

I am glad to have come back, as i see many of the comments are in-line with where my head and heart are at.

in 1 week it will be 1 year since i almost died from COVID (long story). But my blood remains pure, and it will stay that way.

Our country is in a bad place. But we have hope, and we have bikes. right?

I look forward to getting back in the loop of things.

adam

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I absolutely see how she would gloat waiting for me on some local climbs. Bitch.

lol lol lol Her at the top, hurry up Nancy! I already took a 30min nap waiting for you!

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 15:19 Quote

much better fit for him.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 18:09 Quote
astorms wrote:
gents.....

I have been absent from this forum for SEVERAL years. I have spent the last couple of days catching up. Obviously, can't catch up on all 2,343,767 posts from my last visit. However, glad to see many of you are still around and generally doing well...

I am glad to have come back, as i see many of the comments are in-line with where my head and heart are at.

in 1 week it will be 1 year since i almost died from COVID (long story). But my blood remains pure, and it will stay that way.

Our country is in a bad place. But we have hope, and we have bikes. right?

I look forward to getting back in the loop of things.

adam

DUDE, it's great to see people come back ! I'm newer, couple of years, but feel like I've been here for much longer.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 18:18 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The sad part is that there's really no place that's safe from this bullshit... it's the real virus and it's spreading unchecked.

Unfortunately there is a huge percentage of the population that still trusts the government and is completely comfortable handing over rights and freedoms one at a time. They are complete oblivious to how far they have allowed the government into their homes.

The only thing that is going to stop this unfortunately is a MASSIVE uprising and that won't be good for anyone.

The only other option is a complete political reset and some intention in slowly repealing a lot of these documents.

The government has taken more and more money, more and more rights and is doing less and less for the population. Meanwhile these no term limited politicians live their entire lives fat off the land and set their families up with generational wealth.

Is Texas the only state that can legally leave the states?

No...there's a reason my family has property in Tennessee

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 18:20 Quote
astorms wrote:
gents.....

I have been absent from this forum for SEVERAL years.

adam

glad you're back...and that you didn't check out from the rona.

new here meselfs, good to see OG's returning.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 18:59 Quote
Our friends are trying to get us to move to tennessee

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 21:37 Quote
I don't like mosquitoes

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
Tennessee has better riding overall, I think. Texas has some good stuff but it’s a long drive to get there.

Especially from Houston. If you enjoy flat and pine roots, then boy, do I have a place for you…

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 5:12 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I don't like mosquitoes

The bogusness of the mosquitos are offset by the coolness of fireflies!

Tennessee is really a nice place. I have spent a little time visiting my family in my late teens.

A buddy moved there recently and occasionally sends me ride photos etc. Looks like definitely a legit zone.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 5:23 Quote
I hate humidity . . .

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
Great now I want to move there ... lol weather/cost of living etc seems pretty attractive compared to the shithole Washington state has become at this point. I have had Arkansas on the radar last few years as well...

Humidity doesn’t bother me once I’ve acclimated to it. Same as desert. Settle in and chill.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 7:05 Quote
Day 1 of sled season yesterday, my face is sore from smiling all day!
-21 this morning wtf? Was above freezing on the weekend.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
d-man wrote:

Hoping for pictures when ya can, I don’t see snow , REAL snow hardly ever

Aaaand sleds doing sled things please lol

-21 , but ‘dry’ cold right?

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
d-man wrote:

Hoping for pictures when ya can, I don’t see snow , REAL snow hardly ever

Aaaand sleds doing sled things please lol

-21 , but ‘dry’ cold right?
Yep, dry cold brings champagne snow. Good and bad, gives good face shots but makes the snow pack sketchy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030020
Mobile Version of Website