Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
d-man wrote:
Day 1 of sled season yesterday, my face is sore from smiling all day!
-21 this morning wtf? Was above freezing on the weekend.

Hoping for pictures when ya can, I don’t see snow , REAL snow hardly ever

Aaaand sleds doing sled things please lol

-21 , but ‘dry’ cold right?

Speaking of -21, Trudypants wants us to install heat pumps. Anyone here have experience? I have read briefly that efficiency drops way off after about -13c.

Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
astorms wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
d-man wrote:
Day 1 of sled season yesterday, my face is sore from smiling all day!
-21 this morning wtf? Was above freezing on the weekend.

Speaking of -21, Trudypants wants us to install heat pumps. Anyone here have experience? I have read briefly that efficiency drops way off after about -13c.

Thoughts?
They are not bad systems but yes they have limitations. The up side is they also provide a/c in the summer.
The government likes to push electrical heating systems and cars but yet alot of the electrical power generated is done by burning coal or natural gas in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The cost to run a heat pump in Alberta would be huge compared to natural gas furnace.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 16:00 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
I hate humidity . . .

I hate frozen humidity... Lol

You don't have to shovel heat or scrape it off your windows.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 16:26 Quote
Ermahgawd!! Pinkbike is back!! No more housework!!!lol

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 16:27 Quote
Heat pumps are more efficient than furnaces, but are more expensive to operate because N.G./L.P. is cheeper than electricity; for now. However, heat pumps get less efficient when the temperatures drop below freezing and are primarily for milder climates. They also take longer to raise the temperature. If the government plans on eliminating fossil fuels, than you will need a heat pump eventually. You would think they would offer incentives to switch at some point. Personally I have had both and found that a heat pump costs roughly double.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 17:16 Quote
Snow starting here today. Gross... I just held in a dump all day so as not to have to lower my rump onto a frozen porta potty seat.... oh goodness

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 17:27 Quote
The Frozen Outhouse . . . A new movie from Sterling Studios

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 18:06 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Snow starting here today. Gross... I just held in a dump all day so as not to have to lower my rump onto a frozen porta potty seat.... oh goodness

Keep that white shit there sum bitch!!!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 18:07 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
The Frozen Outhouse . . . A new movie from Sterling Studios

Its in the horror aisle

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 18:07 Quote
More like non fiction…

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 18:18 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
More like non fiction…

Couple weeks ago it was 25 degrees. I sat down on it and thought the whole thing was going to shatter beneath me with all the snapping and cracking that was going on. Did not like.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 18:26 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
More like non fiction…

Couple weeks ago it was 25 degrees. I sat down on it and thought the whole thing was going to shatter beneath me with all the snapping and cracking that was going on. Did not like.

Sounds like an autobiography to me

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 19:35 Quote
First we had the stool bus, now we have the frozen outhouse? lol

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 20:38 Quote
d-man wrote:
astorms wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Thoughts?
They are not bad systems but yes they have limitations. The up side is they also provide a/c in the summer.
The government likes to push electrical heating systems and cars but yet alot of the electrical power generated is done by burning coal or natural gas in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
The cost to run a heat pump in Alberta would be huge compared to natural gas furnace.

When it hits -35 deg C, the wind is blowing and the strip (resistance) heat kicks in on your heat pump system while the electric meter spins at a wallet draining 1000 rpm. At that point in time, your smart meter sends out request for someone to come and collect your first born. It won't be pretty when we have all our eggs in one energy basket.

Heat pump technology has come a long way and I believe Daikin advertises that some of the split system heat pumps are capable of delivering heat down into the -20s deg C. Great in a milder climate. Not so good on the frozen prairies.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 20:43 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
More like non fiction…

Sounds like an autobiography to me

Started out with a ring of fire and ended up with polaroids...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.055012
Mobile Version of Website