Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
astorms wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
d-man wrote:
Day 1 of sled season yesterday, my face is sore from smiling all day!
-21 this morning wtf? Was above freezing on the weekend.

Hoping for pictures when ya can, I don’t see snow , REAL snow hardly ever

Aaaand sleds doing sled things please lol

-21 , but ‘dry’ cold right?

Speaking of -21, Trudypants wants us to install heat pumps. Anyone here have experience? I have read briefly that efficiency drops way off after about -13c.

Thoughts?

I have one and only use the A/C due to costs...way cheaper to heat with gas than power. From my experience, heat pumps would be good for places with mild winter temps. You still need a furnace with your heat pump so not sure why the gov is so stoked on them right now. Mine came with the house but I quickly realized that the cost to run is too high.

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 21:41 Quote
billbek wrote:
ATV25 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Couple weeks ago it was 25 degrees. I sat down on it and thought the whole thing was going to shatter beneath me with all the snapping and cracking that was going on. Did not like.

Sounds like an autobiography to me

Started out with a ring of fire and ended up with polaroids...

Ha! Polaroids

Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 23:08 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
I have one and only use the A/C due to costs...way cheaper to heat with gas than power. From my experience, heat pumps would be good for places with mild winter temps. You still need a furnace with your heat pump so not sure why the gov is so stoked on them right now. Mine came with the house but I quickly realized that the cost to run is too high.
Money... Politicians across the world have been investing heavily into "green" bullshit like solar, and then voting to force people to use more power, diverting tax funds into subsidizing those companies, and then voting to push more power away from coal onto the green bullshit they're invested in. If they own a piece of solar and wind power and they can force utilities to draw from those sources, they profit... if they can also force you to start using more electricity by charging your car and running heat pumps and banning gas lawn equipment and generators, they make even bigger profits.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 5:29 Quote
Exactly. Nothing to do with the false green freakout. These people will seriously stop at nothing to bleed us dry.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
Baby Castro stands with the people of China on the right to protest covid lockdowns. I kid you not he stood infront of the f*cking camera and this bullshit came out of his mouth!
After 6 f*cking weeks of lawyers asking questions about the emergency act to shut down the Ottawa protest it's pretty obvious it was his personal agenda to shut it down.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
d-man wrote:
Baby Castro stands with the people of China on the right to protest covid lockdowns. I kid you not he stood infront of the f*cking camera and this bullshit came out of his mouth!
After 6 f*cking weeks of lawyers asking questions about the emergency act to shut down the Ottawa protest it's pretty obvious it was his personal agenda to shut it down.

Thats rich...

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Money... Politicians across the world have been investing heavily into "green" bullshit like solar, and then voting to force people to use more power, diverting tax funds into subsidizing those companies, and then voting to push more power away from coal onto the green bullshit they're invested in. If they own a piece of solar and wind power and they can force utilities to draw from those sources, they profit... if they can also force you to start using more electricity by charging your car and running heat pumps and banning gas lawn equipment and generators, they make even bigger profits.

Our province went into an Grid Emergency for about 3 hours yesterday (various factors, including lower than forecasted wind) and Albertans were asked to reduce their electricity use. It was -20....

We cannot eliminate coal.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:28 Quote
California did the same shit this summer... had a big presser about the move banning all fossil fuel cars for sale in the state starting in a few years and then the very next day had to ask people to not run their AC units because the grid couldn't take the load. I've never been more convinced that earth is just a low brow reality TV show for a larger intergalactic community.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
California did the same shit this summer... had a big presser about the move banning all fossil fuel cars for sale in the state starting in a few years and then the very next day had to ask people to not run their AC units because the grid couldn't take the load. I've never been more convinced that earth is just a low brow reality TV show for a larger intergalactic community.

yeah its a simulation at this point, and the software engineers are a*sholes.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I read Biden offered a big fat cheque to California to not shut down its nuclear power plant in 2025.
That sounds to me like they don't really have an actual plan to solve the problem.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
d-man wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I read Biden offered a big fat cheque to California to not shut down its nuclear power plant in 2025.
That sounds to me like they don't really have an actual plan to solve the problem.

virtue signaling has no solution

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
billbek wrote:
ATV25 wrote:

Sounds like an autobiography to me

Ha! Polaroids

action packed box office smash:Sprays of Thunder

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
adm750 wrote:
d-man wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

virtue signaling has no solution

I can think of a few solutions for the signalers, though.......

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
adm750 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
billbek wrote:

Ha! Polaroids

action packed box office smash:Sprays of Thunder; Ice age IX

Fixed it for ya!

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Love our state bro !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029524
Mobile Version of Website