Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
d-man wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
adm750 wrote:


lol yes, yes, I have spent my share of hours lying on a cold concrete garage floor (or out in the driveway Really Mad ) in the throes of some stupid-ass ill-timed failure while swaddled in mother natures unfavorable bearhug. Facepalm

and "true grit" spelled backwards is 'you dumb sumbitch, you should stop buying stupid cars and your dumb ass certainly should have stayed in Florida...!!! ' Razz

Not even going to sugar coat it.. I wouldn't be a mechanic if I didn't have the setup I do. I already find it hard to get motivated half the time, if it was cold and wet, I wouldn't do it. Or I probably would because I can't afford to not to, but I would absolutely hate my life while doing it.

Thats me, I hate rolling around in the gravel. Everytime I have to do something on my junk I look over at my shop package laying there on pallets and tell myself soon this will end lol.
Talked with my concrete guy and have him booked for May.

Find the money to put the pipes in the floor for infloor heat, it's easy to DIY.. Even if you don't hook it up for 5 years, it's nice to have the option down the road.

And it's the best warmth possible. Trucks and machines roll in an an hour later they are dry and the floor has evaporated all the water.

Tools are warm and don't suck to grab, floor doesn't suck the warmth out of your feet. Etc

Don't let anyone tell you that you need a $$$ boiler system either.. We run off a 80 gal hot water heater and a basic pump setup with a thermostat and timer.. Companies want to sell you a 30k setup and I think we were less than 5k for all our setup.. And 2/3 of that was the foam insulation board. The rest of the system was cheap and easy to DIY

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:


What's your point? Big Grin

I've read your recounts of what you've had to do to some of your rigs and under less than ideal conditions and thought to myself, "f*ck that!". lol lol

I have a pretty high threshold for work/pain, and have much respect for those who can tolerate more than I can. With that being said, I do have my limits. Because I know you have true grit, I will take the 'Whiny Little Bitch' label and wear it with pride! Fab

lol yes, yes, I have spent my share of hours lying on a cold concrete garage floor (or out in the driveway Really Mad ) in the throes of some stupid-ass ill-timed failure while swaddled in mother natures unfavorable bearhug. Facepalm

and "true grit" spelled backwards is 'you dumb sumbitch, you should stop buying stupid cars and your dumb ass certainly should have stayed in Florida...!!! ' Razz

Not even going to sugar coat it.. I wouldn't be a mechanic if I didn't have the setup I do. I already find it hard to get motivated half the time, if it was cold and wet, I wouldn't do it. Or I probably would because I can't afford to not to, but I would absolutely hate my life while doing it.

Join the whiny little bitch club! lol lol

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
d-man wrote:
swan3609 wrote:


Not even going to sugar coat it.. I wouldn't be a mechanic if I didn't have the setup I do. I already find it hard to get motivated half the time, if it was cold and wet, I wouldn't do it. Or I probably would because I can't afford to not to, but I would absolutely hate my life while doing it.

Thats me, I hate rolling around in the gravel. Everytime I have to do something on my junk I look over at my shop package laying there on pallets and tell myself soon this will end lol.
Talked with my concrete guy and have him booked for May.

Find the money to put the pipes in the floor for infloor heat, it's easy to DIY.. Even if you don't hook it up for 5 years, it's nice to have the option down the road.

And it's the best warmth possible. Trucks and machines roll in an an hour later they are dry and the floor has evaporated all the water.

Tools are warm and don't suck to grab, floor doesn't suck the warmth out of your feet. Etc

Don't let anyone tell you that you need a $$$ boiler system either.. We run off a 80 gal hot water heater and a basic pump setup with a thermostat and timer.. Companies want to sell you a 30k setup and I think we were less than 5k for all our setup.. And 2/3 of that was the foam insulation board. The rest of the system was cheap and easy to DIY
In floor heat is the plan, I have a propane h/w tank and circulation pump and small Pressure tank already to go. I'd like to do a wood boiler system but that's a wish.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
Love it. Although it needs more Lynx.[/Quote]

like, the weird looking cat with hair antennas and no tail? i tried to teach a kid to draw a lynx once and the struggle drawing it was that in order to draw it accurately- you have to make it look like you drew it wrong. weird animal.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
Never had a cold garage floor problem here. But if I did, maybe one of those electric heater pads? Just use one as a pad?

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Ever had a cold garage floor problem here. But if I did, maybe one of those electric heater pads? Just use one as a pad?

Having the creeper cold, the tools cold, the vehicle cold still sucks. You can have the air temp 85 degrees but unless it's been that way for a few day, the stuff in the shop still kinda sucks your core temp.

It's kinda petty to complain about compared to what lots of people work in.. But being able to walk into a shop and work in Birkenstocks and a t-shirt comfortably is such a nice luxury.

Posted: Dec 8, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
All my mechanical repairs have been cold , wet and out of doors. A clean heated shop would make me want to put something fun together

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
same here. this isn't our ideal home. Will be adamant about certain features / requirements for our next house... if there is a next house.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
adm750 wrote:
same here. this isn't our ideal home. Will be adamant about certain features / requirements for our next house... if there is a next house.
When I built my garage I had missed the opportunity to get slab heat and always regretted not having it. I was out of town before the slab was poured and didn't have an opportunity to make it happen.
Even though I have a nice unit heater in the space, the floor is still cold to lay on and the water sticks around forever. The slab and the curb walls were a one part pour. I wouldn't do that again. Footings, curb wall and then the slab with heat would be preferable.
I would have to buy what I want next time instead of building it. Time seems to be evaporating for me.

Next house. Bungalow. Main floor laundry. Recent build so I don't have to keep fixing shit. Not in Calgary... Done.

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 7:41 Quote
[Quote="swan3609"

.. But being able to walk into a shop and work in Birkenstocks and a t-shirt comfortably is such a nice luxury.[/Quote]

HIPPIE !!!

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
so glad that Britany Griner dude is back on American soil. Facepalm

this administration is monumentally f*cked up Really Mad

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
[Quote="swan3609"

.. But being able to walk into a shop and work in Birkenstocks and a t-shirt comfortably is such a nice luxury.

HIPPIE !!![/Quote]

Lol.

I spent 80+ hours a week in my boots over the summer. I'll rock my Jesus slippers when I can.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
adm750 wrote:
so glad that Britany Griner dude is back on American soil. Facepalm

this administration is monumentally f*cked up Really Mad
What a great trade, serious Russian criminal for a lesbian weed smoking basketball player. I'm sure there would be no deal for a white, married farm wife...

Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
d-man wrote:
adm750 wrote:
so glad that Britany Griner dude is back on American soil. Facepalm

this administration is monumentally f*cked up Really Mad
What a great trade, serious Russian criminal for a lesbian weed smoking basketball player. I'm sure there would be no deal for a white, married farm wife...

a white married farm wife wouldn't try to smuggle cannabis into a country thats fiercely against marijuana, a country that she has visited numerous of times prior, a country thats in a political confrontation with said farm wifes homeland.
she wouldnt do that, because the farm wife doesn't bring her sheep into the wolfs den.


greatest trade in the WNBA so far though. although the war criminal would likely be more entertaining to watch than the WNBA as well.

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
obee1 wrote:
d-man wrote:
adm750 wrote:
so glad that Britany Griner dude is back on American soil. Facepalm

this administration is monumentally f*cked up Really Mad
What a great trade, serious Russian criminal for a lesbian weed smoking basketball player. I'm sure there would be no deal for a white, married farm wife...

a white married farm wife wouldn't try to smuggle cannabis into a country thats fiercely against marijuana, a country that she has visited numerous of times prior, a country thats in a political confrontation with said farm wifes homeland.
she wouldnt do that, because the farm wife doesn't bring her sheep into the wolfs den.


greatest trade in the WNBA so far though. although the war criminal would likely be more entertaining to watch than the WNBA as well.


lol All true! You’re both spot on. The whole thing is a joke!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030290
Mobile Version of Website