YKYATBW © you're part of this thread still

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
YKYATBW © you're part of this thread still
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 14:46 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Tricky Nicky introduced me to a local with jumps in his yard. He is stoked to check out Goat Path and kinda brought my enthusiasm for dirt back.

Is he back in Canada for good now? He was living in South Africa when I saw him there.

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 5:39 Quote
sam-davies wrote:
recklessness wrote:
Tricky Nicky introduced me to a local with jumps in his yard. He is stoked to check out Goat Path and kinda brought my enthusiasm for dirt back.

Is he back in Canada for good now? He was living in South Africa when I saw him there.
He wanted to stay and should have stayed, but Monster absolutely f*cked him over for getting his VISA and he had to come home. 100% Monster's fault, they suck.

Posted: Mar 24, 2018 at 13:38 Quote
I’ve just come on for the first time in probably over a year ????

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
When you're currently drowning in bodies asking the same question that you just answered.

f*cking spring.

Relevantly, does anyone know if an air compressor hose could hold the weight of a human body? Think we have enough to tie a noose.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 1:38 Quote
Depends how many bar you are Big Grin

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
Double wrap it. She'll hold.

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 17:35 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Double wrap it. She'll hold.

We checked the manufacturing specs on the weight per inch and the tensile strength. It can hold my body weight, though I couldn't get a long drop. The hose ends are the weak point.

I had someone the other day asking about drivetrains, and what to stock on his bike. He already had a cassette, but nothing else. I told him to sell the cassette and grab a GX eagle kit, as we have them for $600, and it was around the same price as a 11 speed XT setup all set up.

To skip some steps and frustrations, he asked me, and I mean this literally, if non-eagle XX1 is 12 speed, four times in a row. Back to back to back to back. He interrupted me each time I attempted to answer, then asked again. Literally told him I was unable to help him if he was refusing to listen, and had a sales dude take over so I could get back to wrenching. Ten minutes with that dude feels like an 8 hour shift.

Oh, people coming in on sunday at 2 and being flabberghasted that their bike not only cannot be done on the spot, but won't be same day, and will actually be about a week. It's not like you had 6 months to drop it off over winter, you definitely needed to do it on a hyper busy spring sunday.

I could go on, but I digress.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
Definitely don't miss the bike shop idiots lol.

On the plus side working construction for Bell I don't deal with customers ever, unless I have to go into a backyard or something and I usually just go in anyways if it's not locked or there isn't a dog.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 15:53 Quote
I enjoy 80% of my customers, absolutely adore 19.99% of them, and then 0.01% are just the most idiotic creatures you've met, and you honestly question how someone can be both that successful and that ineffective as a human being.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 16:11 Quote
See I think for me that ratio is reversed, did not enjoy 80%, 19% were f*cking idiots and maybe 1% were actually decent people. A lot of the time I was dismissed as just a kid with a part time job (was working full time) not someone that actually knows MTB well.

I don’t deal with customers anymore either, machines are rational people are not.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 16:47 Quote
Yeah, I'm super lucky at my shop. Good people to work with, awesome customers most of the time, really good brands carried in house.

Kinda blows my mind how many people have come and gone from this line of work while I'm still here. Honestly never expected to be a career mechanic. Kinda wanna get a real job someday, but it's hard when you actively love your job.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 21:43 Quote
What I realised working in sales was stereotypes are often 100% accurate, some people are just taught that customer service reps are garbage and should be treated as such. In one way it was probably good for me having to approach people as I have always been very quiet, in another it gave me a fresh and reinvigorated hatred for mankind.

I'm doing an apprenticeship at the moment, I have no regrets leaving the shop. You're only a bit older than me and there's plenty of people in the same age bracket or even older in my classes so if you want to change careers its not too late.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
i always so enjoy the suspenseful question answering of when some can get their bike tune up.

customer: hey when could i get my bike tuned up?

Me: oh we're booking appointments for the *insert a date that is like 5-7 days away*

customer: oh thats-

Me: of next month...

customer oh.... well can I leave my bike here?

Me: no we're taking in aprox 20 bikes a day, theres no possible way we can jsut store your bike for a whole month.

Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
Am back riding more than ever now got a nice canyon and been doin lotta trail centres clocked over 30 mile this weekend hope everyones good !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040242
Mobile Version of Website