Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 16:13 Quote
jrphoto88 wrote:
Have you guys ever had a photographer you know copy something you have done? Like shoot the same person, in the same location, in the same spot of that location in a very similar pose then edit it nearly the same way?

Check this out...

Craig makes the final few turns before finishing off a technical rocky descent along Hwy 1 near Canmore AB.

Self Portrait on the last day of summer. This is an attempt at aspiring to similar long exposure night shots by alainj and chrispilling

He wanted to re create my shot to try and learn rather than claim it as his own. I was flattered.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 16:59 Quote
chrispilling wrote:
jrphoto88 wrote:
Have you guys ever had a photographer you know copy something you have done? Like shoot the same person, in the same location, in the same spot of that location in a very similar pose then edit it nearly the same way?
matko-cro wrote:
nah man. knock his teeth out

Check this out...

Craig makes the final few turns before finishing off a technical rocky descent along Hwy 1 near Canmore AB.

Self Portrait on the last day of summer. This is an attempt at aspiring to similar long exposure night shots by alainj and chrispilling

He wanted to re create my shot to try and learn rather than claim it as his own. I was flattered.

Chris and I have never met… but I'm super stoked to still have all my teeth!!! Sooo grateful that you didn't knock 'em out man… Pretty sure I owe you for that.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 10:51 Quote
Meh, all good man. Imitation is a great way to learn! Then once you get it, work on creating original pieces.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 14:30 Quote
Imitation is the best sincerest form of flattery. And everyone loves being flattered!

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 17:20 Quote
That looks like such a cool spot. I think I prefer the wider perspective of Chris's shot, both shots are rad though.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:36 Quote
Some more pics from my series:

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
Wes Anderson pops into my head when I see those.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 16:02 Quote
I really like the bright colours

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 20:17 Quote
Love the shots man, really need to up my game! Had a bit of a negative start to the year and nearly sold all my gear.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 14:26 Quote
New bowl.

Shot on T-Max 100 with my Olympus XA. Printed and scanned from Ilford FB Warmtone paper.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 15:37 Quote
@dotca what film is that?

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 15:51 Quote
Killer, Ryan!

And as usual SST, compositionally excellent. I really gotta make it up there to go on a shooting trip with you or something.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 16:16 Quote
Here is one of my shots
lake

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 2:12 Quote
matko-cro wrote:
@dotca what film is that?

The one with the party popper is Portra 160, and the other two is Ektar 100.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 15:15 Quote
This bird decided to get really close during a casual day out:

135mm lens, the little guy was actually closer than the MFD at some points.

Neat.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051859
Mobile Version of Website