Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 17:14 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
This bird decided to get really close during a casual day out:

photo

135mm lens, the little guy was actually closer than the MFD at some points.

Neat.

Nice! Good shot!

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
Anyone else never peeped their phone shots at full res before? I've always just edited and uploaded while never checking them out fully until yesterday. I'm absolutely blown away with the quality and detail from the iPhone 6. I tweaked them in VSCOcam but you get a whole load of room to play with from standard photos.

photo

photo

photo

Noise is the main issue with all of these for now but whatever they are doing with colour and dynamic range is seriously good.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 10:08 Quote
The way the lens renders the flare off the sun is quite pleasing in the last shot. Very warm and natural. A few years ago a shot like that would have been impossible on a phone.

They're good photographs from the beginning, so that certainly helps.

I was blown away by the camera on my 5s when I first got it. Now the lens cover glass has dust under it, and I can never get any contrast. Grrrr.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 14:22 Quote
What are your thoughts on the mamiya 7 vs the hasselblad 500cm? I have the 500 and someone wants to trade me for the 7. Anyone used both before?

Posted: Feb 7, 2015 at 1:17 Quote
jrphoto88 wrote:
What are your thoughts on the mamiya 7 vs the hasselblad 500cm? I have the 500 and someone wants to trade me for the 7. Anyone used both before?

Pretty sure the 7 is worth more. I'd love to own a 7, it's almost like a point and shoot medium format but not actually. It's a range finder. My friend has one and loves it.

Posted: Feb 7, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
I have only read good things about them, never had the privilege of shooting one. I was considering a RF for a while, but I wanted the more accurate framing of an SLR for close-up work. I shoot my Hasselblad with a PM5 finder and it's ideal for me. I dig square format.

Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
The 7's are much more intuitive cameras to use and do encourage a more relaxed approach to shooting. The 7's are also blisteringly sharp.

It's hard to make a comparison though as they're very different cameras. If you're put off by the expense of the 7, you should maybe consider one of Fuji's 6*X cameras. The 6x9 is a wonderful camera.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
deer

One of my photos of a deer. Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 17:35 Quote
A good rule of thumb to take out hand hold shake is keep your shutter speed above the focal length of your lens if you don't have IS

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
Put the camera in M mode, set aperture and shutter speed to whatever you want(eg: f/4 and speed the same as effective focal length) and the put the ISO to auto, best "general" settings you can use.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 14:35 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
A good rule of thumb to take out hand hold shake is keep your shutter speed above the focal length of your lens if you don't have IS

Edit: I read it wrong

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 0:30 Quote
Anyone here photoshop savy? I've been teaching myself and having a lot of fun going over old images. Odd request, but is it possible to edit in stars/startrails? Not trying to make it cheesy, I just never liked this shot because of all the bland sky.
photo

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 1:00 Quote
Photoshop actually has a built-in action for that called "Star trails".

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 3:23 Quote
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
Anyone here photoshop savy? I've been teaching myself and having a lot of fun going over old images. Odd request, but is it possible to edit in stars/startrails? Not trying to make it cheesy, I just never liked this shot because of all the bland sky.
photo

I quite like the open sky. Gives a " big open space" feel

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
jayandgt wrote:
I-CanDoRideTheBike wrote:
photo

I quite like the open sky. Gives a " big open space" feel
+1 to that
I think star trails would make this one cheesy now matter how subtle and classy you try to make it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028153
Mobile Version of Website