Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
what about just a shoulder strap under the coat with a little padded bag?
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
I want to bring my X100 snowboarding. Advice on carrying? Really don't want to use a bag. I was thinking of bagging it in plastic and keeping it around my neck under my jacket? Another option is the front pocket of my jacket. It's really thick and quite a large pocket. I think the TCL will be fine in a pocket but I'll be shooting at 35mm most of the time so it's quite slim.Thanks for any help!

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 15:21 Quote
jrphoto88 wrote:
what about just a shoulder strap under the coat with a little padded bag?
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
I want to bring my X100 snowboarding. Advice on carrying? Really don't want to use a bag. I was thinking of bagging it in plastic and keeping it around my neck under my jacket? Another option is the front pocket of my jacket. It's really thick and quite a large pocket. I think the TCL will be fine in a pocket but I'll be shooting at 35mm most of the time so it's quite slim.Thanks for any help!

+1, thats how i carry my ga645 which is bigger than a x100

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
whats everyones thoughts on ditching a DSLR setup for mirrorless? find I'm not carrying my camera round much because of its size and weight.

It'd be a Canon 6D for something like a Fuji X-Pro1, if that makes a difference

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 13:04 Quote
also if anyone in the UK wants a brand new condition boxed 6D for £700 or so hit me up..! Selling my 85 1.8 and 50 1.4 too..!

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 14:22 Quote
Stop tempting me! Just brought a tripod!

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 14:25 Quote
tombikess wrote:
whats everyones thoughts on ditching a DSLR setup for mirrorless? find I'm not carrying my camera round much because of its size and weight.

I literally just put my camera up for sale this morning to fund a x-t1. I use my M8 90 percent of the time. figured I might as well ditch the d300s with grip and huge heavy lenses for something small and probably better haha I say go for it. But look at the x-t1 over the x-pro1

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 2:06 Quote
my 50 1.4 is already gone, absolutely hate 50mm on a crop sensor, and seeing as I was complaining about space buying a full frame wasn't really an option, T2i power until it dies, and then after that I still don't know

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 5:24 Quote
I actually love the 6d the x100s is tempting entirely due to the immense flash sync

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 6:22 Quote
jrphoto88 wrote:
tombikess wrote:

I literally just put my camera up for sale this morning to fund a x-t1. I use my M8 90 percent of the time. figured I might as well ditch the d300s with grip and huge heavy lenses for something small and probably better haha I say go for it. But look at the x-t1 over the x-pro1

Normally I'd agree, but at the moment in the UK the X-Pro 1 is coming with the 27mm and 18mm lenses free (£700 worth of lenses). So for the XP1 + 27mm 2.8 + 18 f2 its £680. For the X-T1 and the same lenses it'd be £1700ish, for me I don't think its worth the extra..! otherwise it'd be an XT-1 though.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 6:22 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
I actually love the 6d the x100s is tempting entirely due to the immense flash sync

Its a great camera, just the size of it. but its still very small for a full frame DSLR. at that price i don't expect it'll be around for long so let me know!

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
Its ok, i got mine for £800 new (i just couldn't say no at that price)

the lense's are tempting though...

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 14:18 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Its ok, i got mine for £800 new (i just couldn't say no at that price)

the lense's are tempting though...

that is a great price..!

50mm f1.4 £150. 85mm f1.8 £120

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
Anyone ever shot runway before? Never done it but will be shooting for a designer at TOM* this year and haven't a clue what to expect. Figure it's just reading lighting and framing?

Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 7:05 Quote
And not to forget the models and timing, nailing the body position but having eyes closed is a bitch, but you can generally do a quick PS job and add open eyes from another shot, the models themselves don't realize it Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031797
Mobile Version of Website