didnt you read what he was trying to do? haha

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 17:40 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
TreyDownhill wrote:
Crush12 wrote:
Trying pans

I'd like it better if you focused everything but still a respectable shot Pimp

didnt you read what he was trying to do? haha

ohhh! My bad. I don't know what I was thinkin'!

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 23:48 Quote
How have you guys managed creative slumps if/when you've come up against them? I'm doing enough paid work right now to pay the bills, but it's just feeling like going through the motions. Any and all advice is welcomed graciously.

random photo tax (featured on portland's instagram page holla)

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 0:57 Quote
that photo of portland is amazing..! any idea who took it? definitely an instagram worth following..!

I've been doing quite a bit of photo work at the velodrome recently, despite everyone hating on the Xpro1's autofocous i haven't found it too much of an issue (coming from a 6D).

Photos originally hosted on Facebook so potentially a bit soft..!

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 1:03 Quote
Bit of a photo dump on some of the other photos i've been doing at the moment too..not Facebook this time!

any c&c welcome

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 1:26 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
How have you guys managed creative slumps if/when you've come up against them? I'm doing enough paid work right now to pay the bills, but it's just feeling like going through the motions. Any and all advice is welcomed graciously.

You just have to wait it out tbh, dont try to force creativity. Look at like photo books, magazines, read up on art history, look at works by well known photographers and read what they have to say like Jeff Wall or Rodney Graham. Look for inspiration in areas youve never really looked at before. You just have to wait it out for an idea to come. It takes me ages to think of a decent idea to dump my time (and a stupid amount of money) into, but in the end the wait is worth it.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 1:28 Quote
Btw, cause I rarely post my photos on here anymore, I constantly update my tumblr. http://ryanrosephoto.tumblr.com/

I have a ton of photos waiting to be dumped on there but just have no time atm.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
dotca wrote:
You just have to wait it out tbh, dont try to force creativity. Look at like photo books, magazines, read up on art history, look at works by well known photographers and read what they have to say like Jeff Wall or Rodney Graham. Look for inspiration in areas youve never really looked at before. You just have to wait it out for an idea to come. It takes me ages to think of a decent idea to dump my time (and a stupid amount of money) into, but in the end the wait is worth it.
Cheers Ryan. Been a big fan of your recent series, they're looking great!

@Tom: That was me. Ahaha.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 17:14 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:

go buy a leica;P

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 18:33 Quote
Portland looks like a rad city!

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 22:29 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
ebehn wrote:
Yeah I've only been climbing for about a year and haven't done a ton. This was also out first time to the spot so we didn't know much about the routes and their cruxes. Next time I'm planning to repel down above a crux section and shoot it that way. Thanks for the critique!

No worries. I keep meaning to get outside and set up some riffing to shoot climbing properly but I always end up going on trips in even numbers so end up belaying and climbing

What sort of climbing is it predominantly in Canada? Trad or sport?

Hey sorry for the late reply. I think it's pretty wide spread. I know Squamish about an hour from Vancouver is like BC's mecca of climbing and they have everything. In and around it's mostly smaller crags with sport routes.

edit: Sorry, I didn't notice this question was already answered!

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 9:17 Quote
Hi guys, i have recently got into car photography and thought i would share a few pictures with you, this is only my second attempt so there not amazing lol

Been practicing a bit of car photography. My brothers k11 micra

Been practicing a bit of car photography. My brothers k11 micra

Been practicing a bit of car photography. My mk2 fiesta zetec power

Been practicing a bit of car photography. Puma power.

Been practicing a bit of car photography. Puma power

Do you guys have any tips? Im hoping to learn Razz I know the background sucks but it was a spur of the moment type of thing, and i will try not to get the tripod shadow in next time. Redface

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 11:02 Quote
1. Get a cheap CPL

2. Don't shoot at night.

Also postwork is about as important as the actual shooting imo so practice working on stuff you've already shot, even if you're not happy with it you'll improve a lot faster the next time you go out. When you shoot focus mostly on composition and making sure the light is as good as it can be. When you go to shows/meets sometimes there's a lot of people around and the light is less than helpful so in most cases you'll have to wait a while to get it right, because of that it'd be good to pick up a cheap prime 1.8 too. As far as post stuff; try to keep everything subtle even if you're trying to achieve a certain look, while you're starting out it might seem easier to just slam all the sliders, but you'll end up with something that looks cheap even if it's "technically" correct.

Some stuff I've shot recently, I haven't settled on a go-to look so I usually try new stuff every time I shoot.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 11:39 Quote
Thanks man,appreciate the tips! Im going to a local meet tomorrow so will practice again then, should be a fair few cars so i can experiment with shooting in different light conditions etc.
I have been experimenting with a few lights, one is an inspection lamp and ones a pretty bright battery powered floodlight.
That s13 is crazy too, really like the shot of that Salute

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 18:26 Quote
f*ck yeah that Micra is dope!

That Veloster is also rad Dylan!

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.041491
Mobile Version of Website