Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 3:40 Quote
any chance of some comments on these? first time shooting climbing, and a pretty non photogenic location, but crit much appreciated (especially from non climbers, as from a climbers perspective its an awful location)

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
Photo of me, the photographer doesn't have pinkbike account so asked me to post it

Photo Ed lee

Posted: Apr 4, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
any chance of some comments on these? first time shooting climbing, and a pretty non photogenic location, but crit much appreciated (especially from non climbers, as from a climbers perspective its an awful location)

I like the first one, the sky looks pretty cool but I think it would look better without the belayer in shot

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 1:33 Quote
In hindsight I agree, and could have rigged up a genuinlley interesting angle, however an 8 meter sandstone route will never look huge. Cheers though, fingers crossed for more to come over summer

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 13:39 Quote
Two images from Saturday in the Olympics.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
In hindsight I agree, and could have rigged up a genuinlley interesting angle, however an 8 meter sandstone route will never look huge. Cheers though, fingers crossed for more to come over summer

The first one looks like it has some good light, did you use a flash? But I would say the farming on both is a little awkward. First is sort of entered, and the belayer is cut off which feels weird to my eyes. Second is similar and it looks like the climber is pretty much done the route...

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 19:40 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:

that is great! The first one is perfection!

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 1:48 Quote
ebehn wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

The first one looks like it has some good light, did you use a flash? But I would say the farming on both is a little awkward. First is sort of entered, and the belayer is cut off which feels weird to my eyes. Second is similar and it looks like the climber is pretty much done the route...

Erm yeah, but only one held at arms length, rather than a proper light setup haha, and I know what you mean, they were both pretty pushed with the climber running up everrhing, I had barely got my camera out for the 2nd one and he was topping out. Cheers for the comments though, it should help me focus more in what not to do next time haha

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:

Hold on a minute..... Nice disguise, Sebastiao.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://chicagoartmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Salgado-Alaska.jpg

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 14:43 Quote
James-Carey wrote:

From a serious climber.

-Butt shots are bad and you should feel bad. Honestly I recently shot a roped contest for a climbing gym and in the contract I signed it specifically said "no butt shots"
-When photoing rock climbing, top rope is lame. Yeah everyone TR's but no one wants to see a photo of it cause it has no consequence.
-Always try to shoot from a higher or almost equal height of the climber. (see point 1)
-In the first shot it doesn't even look like the belayer is looking at the climber. If you do have a belayer (and it will be someone lead belaying) make sure they are looking at the climber.
-Don't worry about the location. There is a photo in a guidebook for a local area that even makes a short 5.6 low angle corner look rad.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
I wouldn't call them but shots, but fair play I guess

No leading on sandstone because it's too soft

Fully agree, didn't have time/was too lazy to rig up a decent angle. Hopefully will shoot some sport soon and can rig something decent up and get some good shots!

Cheers for the comments, but I knew any climber would instantly hate the top rope shots

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
I'm at work so I can't link to my Facebook pictures. But I've dabbed a bit in photography at a jump spot back in South Dakota. I'll get some up once I get home.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
First time i try editing my shots. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Apr 9, 2015 at 19:34 Quote
Here's some shots my buddy Dom took of me out in California.

Turndown. Photo Credit Dominic.

Fufanu. Photo Credit Dominic.

One Foot Euro. Photo Credit Dominic.

Lawnmower. Photo Credit Dominic.

While you're at it, it would be rad if you checked out the full related feature I posted.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037912
Mobile Version of Website