Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: May 5, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
It looks much better with the crop. I didn't mind the guy against the wall though, there might have been a hidden meaning there.

Image from Sunday.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
Yo kiddies, been a while since I posted, here's an 886MP stitch I'll be exhibiting a 10 foot print of in the Truman Gallery in London in June. Opinions?

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 19:42 Quote
Killer as always, Andrew. Definitely finding a time to come up this summer and shoot with you!

Good to hear from you Jamie, I like the work you've been posting. I really like that one, it reminds me a lot of this series. Mostly in subject matter, but nonetheless. How big will it be printed?

In other news, I've recently had some success in the magazine world. Shot my first cover story, as well as a brand feature commissioned by the University of Oregon. I've been doing a bit of work for this magazine recently, and they're handing me some big stuff to shoot. Excited about it all. Also starting a few personal series soon, too. Ignore the scan quality of these, getting my hands on the digital layouts soon. The black work on the cover & intro page to the story were done in post. There're a few more photos for the story, but nothing exciting. Large photo of the last story here.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 20:07 Quote
Lol I finally graduated. Here's my final work. Now I dunno what to do with myself lol

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 23:10 Quote
jrphoto88 wrote:
better?
Hell yeah! Clean work in post too. tup

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 3:40 Quote
Not sure on the print size yet, the file is about 10x7.5 foot without enlarging, so I'm hoping it will be at least that big. Kind of depends how much wall space I get given. I'm also toying with having a digital display with the gigapan software so people can zoom around it interactively.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
OK I'm looking to buy some stuff for the sake of it.

5D classic.

OR

Bronica ETRSi & ETRS including
speedwinder,
Polaroid back,
waist level viewfinder,
horizontal or vertical viewfinder. (Worth €150 alone)
2 x 75mm f2.8 lens's
150mm f3.5 lens
2 x 120 film backs
Steel padded briefcase

€450 & €500 respectively. I'm thinking I can probably flip one of the Bronica's later and get a good €300.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 18:09 Quote
I'd probably go for the Bronica kit. You could always sell one of them to help offset the cost, or use as a backup if you really like the system.

5D if you have access to good glass and need a Canon body.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 19:30 Quote
Do you mean the original 5D? You realize it's like... a decade old now?

The 5D was revolutionary in it's time, and is capable of taking great photographs in the the right light, but then so are most cameras. Things have come pretty far in the last ten years. Namely, dynamic range. Even low end DSLRs are ahead by multiple stops. I could care less about megapixels and max ISO, but dynamic range actually matters.

I wouldn't spend money on a 5D. Cheap as it might seem, 400 is still a decent chunk of money. You could put that towards a much better DSLR if that's what you really want.

I think you need to consider what kind of images you're looking to make, and what kind of camera will best help you take them. Not just what the money in your pocket can buy.

That aside, I vote Bronica!

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 19:37 Quote
I dunno if any of you guys have seen this already, but the new Canon nifty fifty has been announced. It looks damn good, to be honest. Considering I'm probably selling my 24-105, I might just have to pick one up.

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 6:15 Quote
alreadyupsidedown wrote:
Do you mean the original 5D? You realize it's like... a decade old now?

The 5D was revolutionary in it's time, and is capable of taking great photographs in the the right light, but then so are most cameras. Things have come pretty far in the last ten years. Namely, dynamic range. Even low end DSLRs are ahead by multiple stops. I could care less about megapixels and max ISO, but dynamic range actually matters.

I wouldn't spend money on a 5D. Cheap as it might seem, 400 is still a decent chunk of money. You could put that towards a much better DSLR if that's what you really want.

I think you need to consider what kind of images you're looking to make, and what kind of camera will best help you take them. Not just what the money in your pocket can buy.

That aside, I vote Bronica!

I already have a fuji system. I'm just looking for a studio camera. Saying that, I found a MKII w/kit lens & 100mm for €700. I'll probably go for that.

I really want the Bronica though. I miss medium format.

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
I dunno if any of you guys have seen this already, but the new Canon nifty fifty has been announced. It looks damn good, to be honest. Considering I'm probably selling my 24-105, I might just have to pick one up.

well, I do need a 50mm... may have to as well!

also how do you guys deal with uneven background lighting? Its something I have struggled with for a while, could use some advice, I am quite happy with this one, for example, however the riders legs and bike sort of blend in with the background, any tips?

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
Snapped this one at the trails the other day:

Trails are shoutin

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 5:20 Quote
Anybody have suggestions for a cheap(er) wide angle? I've used a Nikon 12-24 before and probably want something similar. Opinions on Tokina 11-16 F2.8 vs. Tokina 12-24 vs. Sigma 10-20?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012964
Mobile Version of Website