Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 7:17 Quote
Photo crit please?

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 13:29 Quote
Hard to tell via the phone bit it looks like the background is sharper than the rider. Colors look good to me but maybe the rider is a bit underexposed. A flash could do some good here.

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 at 6:02 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Hard to tell via the phone bit it looks like the background is sharper than the rider. Colors look good to me but maybe the rider is a bit underexposed. A flash could do some good here.
Thanks for the help!

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 13:56 Quote
Posting on behalf of photographer (he doesn't have pinkbike) , here's me riding our local loam trail

Getting loose photo ed lee

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 15:21 Quote
tried my hand for the first time at skin retouching. I am terrible at Photoshop but figured I should give it a try. It needs some work but I think it's a good start.

Posted: Sep 13, 2015 at 19:39 Quote
Looks really good, you managed to avoid making her look too rubbery.

Honestly, I know it isn't the most blemish-concealing, but I kinda liked the original white balance better. The teal/turquoise background looks a lot nicer than the mud/grey of the warmer version. Plus I kinda like the variety of skin tone hues, feels way more natural than the 'spray tan' look of the second.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 14:33 Quote
Should have just healing brushed imperfections and clone stamped set to lighten the dark areas of her skin. Original colour was much better.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 22:47 Quote
This reminds me about how much I really dislike how photos can really draw you to someones physical "imperfections" but when you interact with them in person there is zero though about it. Not saying that you did a bad job, or anyone does, but with a snapshot of time devoid of context your brain does completely different things. She does look very beautiful though even before.

/offtopicrant.

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 0:00 Quote
Honestly, I think somewhere in between those two versions would look perfect. The retouched version looks great, but I think the original has nice qualities as well. Find a balance.

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 17:43 Quote
Also you need to resize for this thread. I have to zoom out to 67% to view your images.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 22:32 Quote
Any tips for night biking shots? ex equipment etc? This is the only shot of all the ones I took tonight that was decent.
First attempt at night shots.

Posted: Sep 26, 2015 at 10:11 Quote
Long time no post. Been trying to get into the whole adventure photography fad since I've been working in a beautiful little corner of Canada.

Any crit is welcome, I can't get better with out knowing what I can improve on!

Posted: Sep 26, 2015 at 14:26 Quote
I am certainly sensing a theme going on there...

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045501
Mobile Version of Website