Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 19:52 Quote
Yeah, those dudes photos are goooood! I do mainly video but if you know video then photo's are almost easier so you might as well. I'm 1/2 way done editing a video for a fundraiser to make a pump track. Just letting the drone/interview footage upload. Here on the east coast it;s 11:00 pm btw.

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 0:57 Quote
I never thought I'd do this but... editing on an iPad seems amazing when you're on a plane a lot and space is lacking. Is anyone doing the same?

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 3:47 Quote
If my mom ever try's to take a picture on facebook with hero phone I'm always like "No no no no, let me fix this junk." Her phone actually has a full color correction thing and a bunch of sucky filters but the colors come out great!

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
Ryan-L wrote:
Yeah, those dudes photos are goooood! I do mainly video but if you know video then photo's are almost easier so you might as well. I'm 1/2 way done editing a video for a fundraiser to make a pump track. Just letting the drone/interview footage upload. Here on the east coast it;s 11:00 pm btw.

Damnnn you have a drone?

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
I never thought I'd do this but... editing on an iPad seems amazing when you're on a plane a lot and space is lacking. Is anyone doing the same?

Yeah seems very practical for it, Apple screens have very good colour accuracy apparently too.
I still am a little bit against the brand though

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
First upload to Pinkbike in a while and the first sequence in shot I've done for a long time:

Andreu boosting a signature 360 while filming for Pure Darkness 3

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 8:17 Quote
Cool thread guys tup

So anyway, been wanting to get 'in to' photography for a while now but never had the money. Having landed a Saturday job at the lbs I have some free cash at long last. What would you recommend for (lets admit it) a complete noob, besides a bit of point and shoot action?

Is it worth getting a bridge camera over a dslr for a first real camera or straight in at dlsr level? If so what lenses? And is buying second hand worth it with such, presumably, delicate equipment?

Cheers guys and hopefully i'll have something to contribute here somewhat soon Beer

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
Ryan-L wrote:

Damnnn you have a drone?
how'd you see the video??? no, my friend does. a couple of his videos got front pages, phonetic was his latest and it was all filmed on..... ooopps, I shouldn't tell you. @jackanderson2018

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 13:41 Quote
abennett219 wrote:
Cool thread guys tup

So anyway, been wanting to get 'in to' photography for a while now but never had the money. Having landed a Saturday job at the lbs I have some free cash at long last. What would you recommend for (lets admit it) a complete noob, besides a bit of point and shoot action?

Is it worth getting a bridge camera over a dslr for a first real camera or straight in at dlsr level? If so what lenses? And is buying second hand worth it with such, presumably, delicate equipment?

Cheers guys and hopefully i'll have something to contribute here somewhat soon Beer

I know that this will cause some controversy on here, but I would be more inclined to get a bridge camera right now instead of a DSLR. Yes DSLR's are cool and all that, but uber bulky, uber heavy, and can be quite finnicky to set up for a noob so I would recommend bridge. With a bridge you can quite easily get a 16mp sensor, and 30x optical 30x digital zoom for well under £150. If you spend more you can get a larger sensor, larger optical zoom etc. I tend to avoid using my digital zoom due to its detrimental effect on image quality.

If you are looking at getting quite heavily into it I would probably look at cameras with 30x plus optical zoom, 16mp plus sensor, large F stop and shutter speed range, and a manual focus. You'll definetly want a camera that has filter threads on the lense otherwise you'll end up with this janky ass rig like mine with a barrel on the end to mount filters. Also look for things like a hot shoe for flashes, remote shutter, capability to shoot RAW etc.

Just ping up some links of what you are thinking of getting and I'm sure someone on here will be happy to give you some advice on it.

Happy shooting Smile

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 14:16 Quote
h
abennett219 wrote:
Cool thread guys tup

sony a3000 is the best choice. my first camera and still current. 20mp, interchangeable lenses, insane video quality for the price (1080p). super user friendly and I've still never read the manual, in fact, I don't even know where it is! the best choice for sure.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 5:34 Quote
Manual? Do you mean Manuel? That the guy you hire to turn the knobs?

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 22:34 Quote
D800 and a small arsenal of prime lenses of the best first step obviously...

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 at 8:07 Quote
Went to iceland recently, I think it's impossible to take a bad picture there.

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 22:43 Quote
Here's a few from my camping trip last weekend for the 4th.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036037
Mobile Version of Website