Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
dingus wrote:
Anyone got any recommendations for a half decent camera rucksack that is decent for biking with? Not looking to spend too much.

What camera? I have a Lowepro Photohatch which is a nice size and has waste and chest straps. The camera compartment opens from the back side, so it’s easy access when you dump the bag off of your shoulders backwards.

It fits my E-M10 II well, and my 5D III fits fine too as long as I’m not toting tons of glass along.

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 11:45 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
dingus wrote:
Anyone got any recommendations for a half decent camera rucksack that is decent for biking with? Not looking to spend too much.

What camera? I have a Lowepro Photohatch which is a nice size and has waste and chest straps. The camera compartment opens from the back side, so it’s easy access when you dump the bag off of your shoulders backwards.

It fits my E-M10 II well, and my 5D III fits fine too as long as I’m not toting tons of glass along.

There’s also the Photosport which looks nice, has accommodations for a hydration bladder and not much more money.

Posted: Mar 4, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
I'll have a look at those, thanks.

Kit wise I'd mostly be carrying my 7d, 70-200mm and a couple of smaller lenses, then some water, food and maybe a light jacket.

Posted: Mar 6, 2018 at 22:25 Quote
F-stop makes real nice ones, if you've got the money. I got a Tenba BYOB insert to throw into my hiking pack, they've got various sizes of em. Long as you pack your bag well it's fairly accessible.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 4:32 Quote
I would like a more consolidated solution for the mess of bags I have going on. I have three different bags I swap around depending on what I am up to, and swapping gear from bag to bag gets old.

Basically a bag that can be compact but expandable to hold a dual camera setup when needed would be great.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 14:33 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
I got a Tenba BYOB insert to throw into my hiking pack, they've got various sizes of em. Long as you pack your bag well it's fairly accessible.

That looks pretty good actually.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Bought a bike again after a few years hiatus and dragged the camera out with me yesterday. Was feeling a bit rusty trying to frame up shots lol anyone see any biking photo mistakes I may have forgot to think about?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 12:17 Quote
dingus wrote:
PBPphotog wrote:
I got a Tenba BYOB insert to throw into my hiking pack, they've got various sizes of em. Long as you pack your bag well it's fairly accessible.

That looks pretty good actually.

They're pretty sweet. I used it on a roadtrip, fit a Mamiya 7 and three lenses in there, filters, film, and other accessories. It's nice being able to pull it out and just carry that if I don't need the whole bag, and throw it in the daypack vs big pack. Build quality is great. There's other smaller brands/etsy variations but for me Tenba hit the sweet spot of quality/price between those and the F-stop inserts.

I've also realized I like packs with zippers that extend all the way down the side, currently have a North Face Litus 32 that makes it real easy to get into the Tenba without having to dig through clothes/other stuff that's packed on top. Dunno if there's bike-specific packs with that zipper orientation, but it's a real nice feature.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 20:51 Quote
vi-collective wrote:
Bought a bike again after a few years hiatus and dragged the camera out with me yesterday. Was feeling a bit rusty trying to frame up shots lol anyone see any biking photo mistakes I may have forgot to think about?

On the last one it may work better to position yourself so that the rider is between the building and tree so that the mountain is the background. How it is now the overlap of the building and the wheel is a bit distracting. Not knowing what's to the left of the frame it may not work well at all. It looks like a tricky spot to shoot with the available backgrounds.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 6:31 Quote
Anyone have any experience with any 3rd party 70-200mm 2.8 lenses? I've currently got a Canon 70-200 f4L and I really like it, but a wider aperture would be nice sometimes. And the Canon 2.8L is lots of money.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
I’ve had both the F4 and the 2.8 II and for me it was my most used lens, despite the weight in combination with a 5DIII. Just make sure to get a nice wide strap like a Peak Design ie. It’s a lot of money but those lenses keep their value, I sold mine for approx €1800.

Ever thought about the F4 IS?

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 8:00 Quote
Lol I was wondering the same thing. I was looking at the Tamron 70-200 f2.8, mainly curious about auto focus speed of it, cause it’s about $1000 less.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 9:04 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Ever thought about the F4 IS?

I hadn't really looked at it. Does the IS make a big difference?

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
Also, looking at getting a mid level wide angle zoom to replace my 17-50mm 2.8 Tamron, was considering the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8, anyone got any other recommendations in that price range, or experience with that lens?

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 9:13 Quote
dingus wrote:
Also, looking at getting a mid level wide angle zoom to replace my 17-50mm 2.8 Tamron, was considering the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8, anyone got any other recommendations in that price range, or experience with that lens?

When I had a DSLR I used the Sigma 17-50 2.8, which I quite liked. I also had a Tokina 11-16, but that's more wide angle than mid wide angle (although they have a 11-20 now I believe).

As for IS, you may or may not notice the difference depending on what you shoot. If you want a wider aperture for more DOF or to use a higher shutter speed for sports photography the 2.8 is better. However if you find you are getting blurry photos the IS will help (it is literally what it stands for, image stabilization). There are many articles out there comparing IS to non-IS lenses (especially for something common like the Canon 70-200). If you are doing landscapes I recommend it. I should note it does decrease the quality of the image a bit (nothing easily notice-able, but due to how the lens stabilizes itself image quality does decrease a very small amount)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044459
Mobile Version of Website