Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
Panasonic makes probably the more modern of the M4/3 cameras, but something about Olympus I think I just prefer.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
Yea the Pannys have the styling I want, but that’s about it. I bought into Olympus cause I liked where they were going with the EM1s and am hoping more trickles down to the EM5.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
Cool write up on the 12 100 F4. Its on my list for lenses to own eventually

Street cat in Jamaica w/ EM10 II + 20mm 1.7 pancake:
OLYMPUS EM10 II - Forum Use

Friends rooster w/ Pan 40-150 5.6
OLYMPUS EM10 II - Forum Use

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
I'm sure this has been covered, but how do you carry a tripod when biking? I was thinking of simply bringing the monopod version of my Mefoto tripod for convenience, but would like to bring the whole tripod with me.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 20:38 Quote
f*ckin roosters. Great pics Ninja. If I got for a prime it may be the 17mm f1.8 or that 20mm.

I collapse my tripod down as best I can, put it in the side bottle holder of my pack, and use the strap to hold it in place. I have the Lowepro Sport 200, but most packs have side straps and pockets that work.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
Djsaunter wrote:
I'm sure this has been covered, but how do you carry a tripod when biking? I was thinking of simply bringing the monopod version of my Mefoto tripod for convenience, but would like to bring the whole tripod with me.

What is your goal with packing a tripod?

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 21:37 Quote
Normally for photos I don't bring a tripod since with the high shutter speed and on the fly framing for action sports makes it less useful. If I do bring one I carry the small gorilla pod just to hang it in a tree for solo photos or to get a higher up angle by wrapping it on a stick and holding it in the air.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
Out shooting in a zone I haven't ridden in at least five years. Great light, but was wishing I had drug a strobe or two along with me.

Quick session of a roller called crappuccino

Quick do something before that sunset is gone
Quick do something before that sunset is gone!

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
Great shots!! You're right though about the strobe. A bit of fill would have been great.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
Curtis-Gillen wrote:
Out shooting in a zone I haven't ridden in at least five years. Great light, but was wishing I had drug a strobe or two along with me.

Quick do something before that sunset is gone
Quick do something before that sunset is gone!

Great shots! Ever use Mag Mod? I love that stuff- I can easily shove an AD200 + some mag mod light modifiers in my relatively small pack.

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Curtis-Gillen wrote:

Great shots! Ever use Mag Mod? I love that stuff- I can easily shove an AD200 + some mag mod light modifiers in my relatively small pack.

I have other modifiers, but I haven't tried the MagMod system. Funny you mention the AD200, because I am planning to order a couple of those soon. I also would like to get the new AD400 Pro XPLOR

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
I’ve read of a lot of people having issues with the 400. I plan on getting one eventually, but after I stop seeing complaints.

There were some killer deals on Godox before Black Friday last year.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
got back to the foothills to shoot a little last weekend. Used a 200watt/s strobe for fill light here.

A great afternoon of riding and shooting in ABQ. Rider Jake Rehfeld with Heart Soul Racing

Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Looks good, I really like that first sunset shot!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035077
Mobile Version of Website