PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
og03 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
As in stills, I assume?
preferably an action shot but I don't really care
Stills as in photographs not video.

In my experience action shots with film where VERY hard and i had a very low amount of successful in focus shots.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 3:30 Quote
og03 wrote:
Does anyone on here shoot bikes with film I have to do a course that involves a lot of film shooting and I'm looking for some inspiration

I shoot quite a lot on film, but rarely use it for action shots of mtb or skiing. I suggest checking out @whyex "No EXIF"-series. Lots of great B&W photos from world cup racing around 2008-2009.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
Same think here- I like shooting 35mm, but it’s not what I reach for if I’m banging out riding photos.

The No Exif articles are some of my favorite posts here on PB.

Maybe I’ll give some action shots on film a try once the Black Plague goes away.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
og03 wrote:
Does anyone on here shoot bikes with film I have to do a course that involves a lot of film shooting and I'm looking for some inspiration

Look through Ian Hylands Instagram. Dude's been in it longer than most and did plenty of stuff on film back in the day.

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
og03 wrote:

Look through Ian Hylands Instagram. Dude's been in it longer than most and did plenty of stuff on film back in the day.
I will thanks

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 22:11 Quote
Brought out the D600 and the long lens for geese photos today.

Backyard

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 22:24 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Brought out the D600 and the long lens for geese photos today.

Backyard

Nice. Birds in flight are always fun.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 1:56 Quote
So I don’t really ride any more, but any critique on a few recent photos would be appreciated. I seem to have a bit of a habit of leaving the camera in the bag instead of actually getting it out. (If anyone has a decent system for climbing with a camera please do share)

The last one was self shot, so I did my best!

Oh, also spot the my friend in the second shot...

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 2:18 Quote
Those mountain scapes have serious potential. Load them up in LR and dodge and burn for some dramatic affect.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
Dodge and burn where though? (Editing skills are lacking past playing with curves?)

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
1st shot: pretty much perfect to my eyes, not much I’d change if anything.

2nd shot: I like what you did with the composition, it feels well balanced. I think this also could have been really nice if shot using a longer lens with your friend centered in the frame, emphasizing that detail. I know that space and weight are major concerns while climbing. Are you only shooting with the 16mm currently? Have you considered squeezing a 50mm f/2 into your kit? I think it would pair really well with the 16mm, not take up too much extra space, and it would help to give you more options compositionally. I’d try to bring the white point down a bit in the snow off to the left peak because it’s a bit too distracting and takes the viewers eye away from the human detail. I’d probably pull up a gradient in Lightroom following the line of the shadow on that peak. I’d be happy to share an example if you want to PM me a link to the raw file.

3rd shot: cool concept, I like the forest tones, and the contrast between the warm and cool tones, but I’d also love to see this image in monochrome! I think that bit of further abstraction would add a lot to the shot, especially if it was shown in a body of work alongside alpine images. I’d be happy to show you my interpretation of this one as well.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
Love the images, also love Torridon

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 19:57 Quote
hey pinkbike! i'm a newish photographer that has been playing around with photography for a couple of years now but only started getting serious and actually learning and trying recently. Ive been trying really hard to get better at photographing moving objects but i kinda suck and all my pictures end up blurry. and i was wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers. (obviously i know the basics, shutter speed, etc but im having some trouble.) also it probably is partially due to my camera its not new and not exactly a canon 1dx mark iii but its decent. you guys are all great photographers so i understand if you don't have time or patience to respond to some kid with 1/4 the experience as you but if someone can i would really appreciate some pointers

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
[Quote="pnwshreddin"]hey pinkbike! i'm a newish photographer that has been playing around with photography for a couple of years now but only started getting serious and actually learning and trying recently. Ive been trying really hard to get better at photographing moving objects but i kinda suck and all my pictures end up blurry. and i was wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers. (obviously i know the basics, shutter speed, etc but im having some trouble.) also it probably is partially due to my camera its not new and not exactly a canon 1dx mark iii but its decent. you guys are all great photographers so i understand if you don't have time or patience to respond to some kid with 1/4 the experience as What is your set up? is it motion blur or are you not in focus?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014934
Mobile Version of Website