Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 21:03 Quote

Went for a drive today, was anticipating being here for golden hour I ended up being about an hour early.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 3:49 Quote
3 more shots from Torridon that I have just had a play with. Not as good as the others in my opinion, but seeing as we are all sharing

(I can’t seem to get the colouring of the 2nd image quite right.)

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
Looks like an awesome place for some mixed alpine climbing!

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:40 Quote
James, I dig those! You've got some really nice stuff. They would be great in a photo essay format alongside some accompanying text.

Here's two from a few weeks ago, the last time I went out photographing in the city. Both on Canon EOS R with RF 24-105mm kit lens.

And another shot from January in Seattle. Sigma DP1 Merrill.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
James, I dig those! You've got some really nice stuff. They would be great in a photo essay format alongside some accompanying text.

Here's two from a few weeks ago, the last time I went out photographing in the city. Both on Canon EOS R with RF 24-105mm kit lens.

And another shot from January in Seattle. Sigma DP1 Merrill.

Dang the seattle long exposure shot is sick

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Sorry I had to share this one. Photographically a bit meh, but I think the fear comes through pretty well?

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
Torridon looks pretty nordic.

eg:

Oversharpened but idc

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
The highlands in general have a very similar landscape. Torridon is probably the most magical part of Scotland in my opinion, possibly rivalled by the black Cuillin

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 13:19 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Looks like an awesome place for some mixed alpine climbing!

Actually managed some water ice that day, but I think Scotland is the home of the scratchy mixed unless I’m mistaken? Certainly home to a lot of poorly protected test pieces

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
...but I think Scotland is the home of the scratchy mixed unless I’m mistaken? Certainly home to a lot of poorly protected test pieces

It most certainly is from what I've heard.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 18:03 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
The highlands in general have a very similar landscape. Torridon is probably the most magical part of Scotland in my opinion, possibly rivalled by the black Cuillin

Scotland (especially the highlands) are definitely on my bucket list.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:31 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
...but I think Scotland is the home of the scratchy mixed unless I’m mistaken? Certainly home to a lot of poorly protected test pieces

Unfortunately I couldn’t actually suggest a trip, as conditions are just so fickle... unless of course you can find last minute flights when it looks to be in. Honestly 3/4 trips in a season seems to be a decent winter at the moment for people south of the border

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 1:27 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

Unfortunately I couldn’t actually suggest a trip, as conditions are just so fickle... unless of course you can find last minute flights when it looks to be in. Honestly 3/4 trips in a season seems to be a decent winter at the moment for people south of the border

I'm a student in Edinburgh, originally from the Highlands, and managed 5 days out this season, of which 2 were pretty crappy conditions.
Speaking to other students it seems most averaged 8-12 days out this season.
So yeah scottish winter is pretty fickle unless you can just drop everything and go

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 3:07 Quote
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

I'm a student in Edinburgh, originally from the Highlands, and managed 5 days out this season, of which 2 were pretty crappy conditions.
Speaking to other students it seems most averaged 8-12 days out this season.
So yeah scottish winter is pretty fickle unless you can just drop everything and go

So I managed 6 days in good nick this year. But that was by being a cheater and flying up. Considering they are students, who aren’t actually that far away, 12 days seems pretty poor. Especially as we haven’t had a bad season this year, with a good early snap and pretty fat ice later on.

It does seem that conditions peak on Wednesday/Thursday and everything falls apart for the weekend though

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
Hey guys! Long time no post for me here! But still recognising a few names!

I recently departed with all my digital gear, so basically left with analogue cameras of varying varieties. And in all this Covid-induced, university procrastination I decided I wanted to start shooting again. So naturally, I dropped $100 on a whole bunch of film today, ranging from obscure soviet b&w film that probably expired 30 years ago (so I can put it in my soviet made camera, obviously), to hand rolled colour that was originally cinema film, but then put in a recycled canister for still-shot use!

Got 4 or 5 cameras that I want to actively put rolls through, rather than put a roll in, shoot half the roll then let the camera sit on a shelf for a couple years and then forget what I've shot.

I didnt play it safe at all either, aside from the cine-still film and a roll of obscure japanese export fuji, all the rolls were brands that I'd legitimately never heard of! So very keen to see some results!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048383
Mobile Version of Website