Powered by Outside

Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 1:03 Quote
Business is 80% marketing/sales/finance. If you're gonna be a one man show keep in mind you'll need 80% of effort for that, and another 80% of effort for actually delivering.

Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Business is 80% marketing/sales/finance. If you're gonna be a one man show keep in mind you'll need 80% of effort for that, and another 80% of effort for actually delivering.

So, a business requires 160%. I’ve been doing a course and it has said the same thing you have starting a business is balancing your finances with marketing. One way you can supposedly start trying to get customers is get a spreadsheet of like 200 different companies in various things like real estate, marketing, construction, and insurance then you just call ten or so a day over the course of a few weeks and mark off on the list which leads or worth perusing. Another thing you can do is send your best quality photos of major land marks in your city to a marketing company for free so long as they credit you preferably with a hyperlink to your website. I’ll have alot to learn and a lot of it through trial and error.

Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I finally got around to trying out those laser triggers that I got a few months ago for doing some self portrait riding shots. You can see them on the ground in the photos if you look carefully. I currently don’t own a MTB. I’m just using the old Schwinn beater bike for now! More of a test than anything, sure makes things easy though!

photo

These are awesome! Laser triggers added to the list of things i didnt know i needed

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
Anyone still post here from 2009?

Posted: Oct 23, 2022 at 21:18 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Anyone still post here from 2009?

How do you mean? I posted stuff here around then (2008-2012ish), but not anymore, my passion for photography has more or less plummeted over the past few years and I only pull out my camera for vacations instead of running around locally taking photos of the sunset, foggy mornings, etc.

If people are interested, I can throw together a limited album of landscapes I've taken over the past decade or so.

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
I mainly lurk but am still keen as ever to take photos, I sometimes post in other threads though.

I have 2100 photos to go through from my trip to the US so thats going to take a while lol

Heres one I am pretty proud of from earlier this year, couple of Dainty Tree Frogs hanging out

photo

Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 1:46 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Only lurking

I remember you.

I took a 10 year break from mountain biking and recently got back into it. I remembered Pinkbike was a thing so I logged in and saw this thread. I used to be quite active. I think my last post was 2011/2012 perhaps.

Good news is I'm now head of creative at a pretty big company and get to shoot big campaigns every day. I firmly believe this thread (and the photography board on the come up if anyone remembers that dump) gave me the skills needed to get ahead in my career early on.

I wonder where other posters are now?

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
Yeah my passion for photography dove off, definitely got tired of editing lol , and pivoted into design. Now I do that for my career. Even just won an award for a product I designed Big Grin

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
Still love photography, but wasn't there something about Outside owning and being able to use all photos uploaded by users after they acquired Pinkbike? I feel like that was a thing and things slowed down on here after that.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 18:02 Quote
Same for me. I did a fun Yukon trip and normally I like compiling a photo epic thing afterwards on here but I don’t really want to give Outside all the rights to all my photos.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 18:49 Quote
jsnfschr wrote:
Still love photography, but wasn't there something about Outside owning and being able to use all photos uploaded by users after they acquired Pinkbike? I feel like that was a thing and things slowed down on here after that.
This for sure.

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 19:37 Quote
Yeah, I’m still lurking around here on occasion. Bikes and photography are still my main two passions in life, though I have less time dedicated to them now.

Instagram is on the way out and Flickr has long been dead, not really sure where else to share things honestly. I refuse to use FB after all that has happened. Thinking of starting a local print sharing group. No screens or excessive gear talk, just prints!

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 21:38 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Yeah, I’m still lurking around here on occasion. Bikes and photography are still my main two passions in life, though I have less time dedicated to them now.

Instagram is on the way out and Flickr has long been dead, not really sure where else to share things honestly. I refuse to use FB after all that has happened. Thinking of starting a local print sharing group. No screens or excessive gear talk, just prints!

I am planning on buying a printer sometime. Once I manage to get my photography business started.

I don’t post on Instagram, I hate it.

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 23:36 Quote
Current digital kit. Subject to change at any given moment. I’ll admit I have a bit of a problem swapping out gear.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023723
Mobile Version of Website