Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Sethsg wrote:
Has anyone tried the x100v?

Yes.

One of the best cameras on the market. Good luck getting one though.
Is the image quality good enough that you would use it for paid work?

There is someone selling one for $2,300 near where I live, it only has 1,300 shutter actuation, is brand new, comes with the wide angle adapter/lens, and a couple of filters.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Sethsg wrote:
Has anyone tried the x100v?

Yes.

There is someone selling one for $2,300 near where I live, it only has 1,300 shutter actuation, is brand new, comes with the wide angle adapter/lens, and a couple of filters.

I've had work from it published in The Irish Times. More than happy with it.

I was being published on an OG 5D, any camera made since 2015 is more than enough for any work.

If they're really selling for €2300 I might sell mine and buy a Leica M10. It's a great all rounder but that's way too far above MRSP.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 15:39 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Sethsg wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

Yes.

I've had work from it published in The Irish Times. More than happy with it.

I was being published on an OG 5D, any camera made since 2015 is more than enough for any work.

If they're really selling for €2300 I might sell mine and buy a Leica M10. It's a great all rounder but that's way too far above MRSP.

I suppose that is a stupid question, asking if it was good enough for paid for paid work, any camera pretty much is unless you are shooting billboard photos (but even then you can use the Topaz software to upscale it).

Yeah, the price is pretty crazy but people are willing to pay that much. Near me there is someone selling a pretty much new GFX50R with a GF 35-70mm lens for $3,300. I'll see if I can get the guy down to $3,000.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 18:35 Quote
photo

Really cool sunset Halo tonight.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
Thecommoncoy wrote:
photo

Really cool sunset Halo tonight.

That's pretty wild, are you getting a cold front? Here in BC, it's freezing!

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
Yup, cold is here. I retouched it a bit in Lightroom to make the halo stand out a little.

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
I’m really bad about reviewing and editing photos, I have probably years of photos that I’ve never looked at or touched.

Stumbled on this one from somewhat recently and decided to give it an edit-

photo

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 17:28 Quote
That’s a really cool shot

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 20:51 Quote
Thank you! I was flipping through a folder and it reminded me of The Shining or something. Loaded it into Capture One and was able to get this out of a quick edit.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2023 at 17:44 Quote
Killer article on the home page GravityCandy!

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 21:29 Quote
Popping in for my biyearly post here. Apparently PODs are gone so my childhood dream will never be fulfilled :'( but enjoy these photos I've made over the last little bit.
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 19:58 Quote
Ryan-L wrote:
Popping in for my biyearly post here. Apparently PODs are gone so my childhood dream....

you're still a child, plenty of time to change that dream.

Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 6:15 Quote
TIL PODs are gone. Happy to have gotten that itch scratched before now Jailbreak

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036982
Mobile Version of Website