Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
This group is for any amateur videographers (related to the world of mountain biking) to talk about editing, equipment, styles, share and comment on videos, and more!

I'll start off - I'm 15 years old and I film with a Sony HDR-SR12 and edit with Premiere Pro CS4 and After Effects CS4. I've been making videos for just under a year and created a company for my videos called OverDrive Media Group (www.overdrivemediagroup.com).

Here's my latest video (for those who haven't already commented in other threads):

Views: 2,703    Faves: 23    Comments: 27

#BANS downhillbiker392, Shr3der, ShastaOutdoorMedia #BANS

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
Woo hoo! I'm an amatuer! I film with a Sony XR500v and use adobe premier 7.0 for editing and CS4 After Effects

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 2:32 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
Woo hoo! I'm an amatuer! I film with a Sony XR500v and use adobe premier 7.0 for editing and CS4 After Effects

So you ended up going with Premiere I see...How do you like it? Did you buy AE too?

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 6:37 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

So you ended up going with Premiere I see...How do you like it? Did you buy AE too?
i love premier, its so easy to use now and it has everything! and i didnt buy AE but im in the filmmaking club at school and one of the guys has it on a external harddrive so he said anyone in the club could use it any time.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:

i love premier, its so easy to use now and it has everything! and i didnt buy AE but im in the filmmaking club at school and one of the guys has it on a external harddrive so he said anyone in the club could use it any time.

Oh right cool. I absolutely adore Premiere Pro CS4 for all the features (of course AE too) but I've never seen what Premiere 7 looks like. Can you do any of the more advanced stuff on it?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
i am am
and i never have any one to film (reason for lack of films)
i use a panasonic HDC-SD9 and vegas platinum pro

Here is my best work so far, ok so its xc but ya know
Views: 625    Faves: 2    Comments: 6

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
ih-sam wrote:
i am am
and i never have any one to film (reason for lack of films)
i use a panasonic HDC-SD9 and vegas platinum pro

Here is my best work so far, ok so its xc but ya know
Views: 625    Faves: 2    Comments: 6

Nicely filmed and edited! It can't be easy getting good camera angles for XC races, where the terrain isn'r very rough and the riders aren't bombing through anything, but you did a good job of it!

I have the same problem as you - I never have anyone to film with. My one riding buddy left to live in South Africa last year and I moved to Singapore. I end up having to film myself, like in that video I posted at the top of the thread.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
I've been making films for about a year, I shoot with my Nikon D90. Made this vid a little while back. Check it!

Views: 1,570    Faves: 18    Comments: 15

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 22:50 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Cmontjumper wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Oh right cool. I absolutely adore Premiere Pro CS4 for all the features (of course AE too) but I've never seen what Premiere 7 looks like. Can you do any of the more advanced stuff on it?
yeah, it has a lot of stuff. I won't know for sure if it's as good as cs4 til December, cause I'm taking a graphic arts class and we spend december through April on video editing.. But the only bad thing about 7.0 is you. Have to sign in to an account to use some of the features.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 23:51 Quote
Hi im super amateur but thats ok.

Can any one help me? I want to learn about lenses. I'm a real noob when it comes to it. I know what a fish eye and wide angle is but what are all the different sizes and types about and what are they used for? and whats a telephoto lense? Am I in the wrong thread?

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 23:58 Quote
joram-adams wrote:

Can any one help me? I want to learn about lenses. I'm a real noob when it comes to it. I know what a fish eye and wide angle is but what are all the different sizes and types about and what are they used for? and whats a telephoto lense? Am I in the wrong thread?

No this is the perfect place for that kind of question.

Just like a wide angle lens "zooms the image out" and makes it wider, a telephoto lens does the exact opposite. It zooms the image in more than the normal zoom lens in the camera does. What do you mean by sizes and types? If you mean the mm measurement they list next to a zoom lens (for example 75-300mm), that refers to the amount the lens can zoom, 30 being a relatively wide shot and 300 being a very zoomed in shot, in basic terms.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 23:59 Quote
Cmontjumper wrote:

You have to sign in to an account to use some of the features.

Yeah I can see where that would get very annoying...

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 0:02 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
joram-adams wrote:

Just like a wide angle lens "zooms the image out" and makes it wider, a telephoto lens does the exact opposite. It zooms the image in more than the normal zoom lens in the camera does. What do you mean by sizes and types? If you mean the mm measurement they list next to a zoom lens (for example 75-300mm), that refers to the amount the lens can zoom, 30 being a relatively wide shot and 300 being a very zoomed in shot, in basic terms.
Thanks that explains alot, and I was wondering if anyone has watched karl heldts vids how does he get that effect where the picture is bury but has a bit of bump heat on it or something?

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 0:23 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
joram-adams wrote:

Thanks that explains alot, and I was wondering if anyone has watched karl heldts vids how does he get that effect where the picture is bury but has a bit of bump heat on it or something?

If you can find a link I'll watch it and try and see how he's done it.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 1:33 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
joram-adams wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

If you can find a link I'll watch it and try and see how he's done it.
'SunPeaks with Justin' and from about 1.10 to 1.23. He does it in alot of his vids and I think it's real cool and original!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014901
Mobile Version of Website