Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: May 13, 2012 at 2:33 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

I think at the very least you'll need to get a proper baseplate to mount your camera onto the rails. If you can find 15mm diameter aluminium rails at a hardware store you could use those with little issue, but it's important that they're lined up perfectly with the camera for any sort of follow focus (or any other accessories you add later) to be effective (not to mention securely fastened together, especially when you're walking around or up and down a mountain to shoot). Unfortunately the cheapest baseplate I can find in something like this or this if you want rails and a tripod mount.

oh. wow. didnt realise shit had to get that serious. Do they just then mount to the head of my tripod?

cheers for the info, without it i would have just got myself a follow focus and would have had no idea what to do with it.

Haha no prob, that's what this thread is for. Razz

The camera baseplate attaches to the tripod mount of your camera and the rails are then secured to it on each side. If you want to be able to mount you camera with rails and all onto a tripod you'll need to get a second mount (it's in the second kit I linked to earlier) to be able to do so. You'll find that rail support systems can be incredibly expensive, but as they're industry-standard you know you'll be able to use it for ages and be able to mount pretty much any accessory you can think of in some way or another.

so the baseplate from my tripod mounts to this thing?

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 4:23 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
This probably isn't that big of an achievement for some of you guys on here, but i'm pretty stoked on how "successful" my latest video has been, it ticked over 3000 views just today. but the thing i'm most stoked on is that it has been posted on 2 third party websites, one from Canada, which is just like a blog sort of thing and one larger online magazine type site here in Australia. PLUS, the rider (Cameron) is sponsored by giant here in Australia, and he posted it on Giant's Facebook wall, then they shared it for more people to see!

anyway, rant over. i just wanted to share my excitement... Big Grin

That's pretty sweet dude, 3000 views in a day is quite a bit for a mountain biking video (that isn't VOD). Big Grin

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 4:26 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
JaseZ wrote:

oh. wow. didnt realise shit had to get that serious. Do they just then mount to the head of my tripod?

cheers for the info, without it i would have just got myself a follow focus and would have had no idea what to do with it.

The camera baseplate attaches to the tripod mount of your camera and the rails are then secured to it on each side. If you want to be able to mount you camera with rails and all onto a tripod you'll need to get a second mount (it's in the second kit I linked to earlier) to be able to do so. You'll find that rail support systems can be incredibly expensive, but as they're industry-standard you know you'll be able to use it for ages and be able to mount pretty much any accessory you can think of in some way or another.

Yeah, that's the one.

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 4:43 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Yeah, that's the one.

Thought so. To be honest, i don't mind buying the extra bit of kit haha, yeah it'll cost me close to $300 to get everything and ship it to Australia. But. Who cares!?

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 4:50 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
JaseZ wrote:

Yeah, that's the one.

Thought so. To be honest, i don't mind buying the extra bit of kit haha, yeah it'll cost me close to $300 to get everything and ship it to Australia. But. Who cares!?

Yeah, a rail support system is one of those things you buy and can keep almost forever - it will fit to any camera you can think of and you can upgrade to create any number of possible rigs and combinations for whatever you want to do. If you want, you could also take a look at the Edelkrone Pocket Rig here which is also a really cost-effective solution that takes up minimum space and has a chest brace, but it's not really upgradable like the JAG35 option would be (which is industry standard, so any accessory from any manufacturer will fit).

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 5:03 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Yeah, that's the one.

Yeah, a rail support system is one of those things you buy and can keep almost forever - it will fit to any camera you can think of and you can upgrade to create any number of possible rigs and combinations for whatever you want to do. If you want, you could also take a look at the Edelkrone Pocket Rig here which is also a really cost-effective solution that takes up minimum space and has a chest brace, but it's not really upgradable like the JAG35 option would be (which is industry standard, so any accessory from any manufacturer will fit).

Yeah that's it. Cheers for the info once again, i'll let you know if i ever get a hold of one.

Being 15 and not having a job and not being allowed to spend already available funds is gay....

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 10:32 Quote
There will be an annular solar eclipse perfectly situated for my house this weekend. Timelapse stokage has occurred.

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 12:48 Quote
I need a watermark-ish thing to go in videos, kinda like what the old coastal crew had going in the beginning of all their old edits. I'm making a layered after effects comp and it's looking sick, but I need a title, like the actual text part... Any idea's? Thinking something like Oliver Woodland *something something* but I'm not quite sure.. Nothing I can think of has the ring I want! Anyone think of something that could be good?

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
I'm the same, I want to have something like that but cant think of anything that doesn't sound retarded.....

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 12:55 Quote
olly-geary wrote:
I'm the same, I want to have something like that but cant think of anything that doesn't sound retarded.....
Good to know I'm not alone ahahaha, Oliver Woodland Films and Photography sounds legit, but it's frig'n long! DirtBagMedia was a childish "cool man dirtbagmedia sounds sick" and not very professional sounding at all...

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 12:57 Quote
DirtBagMedia wrote:
olly-geary wrote:
Good to know I'm not alone ahahaha, Oliver Woodland Films and Photography sounds legit, but it's frig'n long! DirtBagMedia was a childish "cool man dirtbagmedia sounds sick" and not very professional sounding at all...
It sounds good to me haha. My friends will take the piss out of me if have a name like 'ogmedia' haha

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 14:11 Quote
Oliver Woodland Entartainment?

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 16:23 Quote
hey guys- need an opinion!

filming the Mountain Creek ProGRT for them and I am thinking spend day 1 (sat) filming riding shots across the whole track- then sunday (finals) do i spend the most of the day filming the racers drop in and then cross the finish?

What do you guys think who film races- is getting riders crossing the finish THAT important...

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 16:40 Quote
freedjdh wrote:

filming the Mountain Creek ProGRT for them and I am thinking spend day 1 (sat) filming riding shots across the whole track- then sunday (finals) do i spend the most of the day filming the racers drop in and then cross the finish?

What do you guys think who film races- is getting riders crossing the finish THAT important...

Finishes are good to have. Otherwise how do you close the video?

Saturday is the day to get the riding footage.

Posted: May 13, 2012 at 17:24 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
freedjdh wrote:

Finishes are good to have. Otherwise how do you close the video?

Saturday is the day to get the riding footage.

Definately agree with sat is riding footage day. Let me ask you this- is ending the video with podium/champagne spray shots INSTEAD of finish line shots lame...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022160
Mobile Version of Website