Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: May 14, 2012 at 6:39 Quote
What case are you going to get?

I went kinda cheep on mine (but it runs very cool and good air flow), and well it's just loud. Then again I keep it on desk level I don't keep it on the floor.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 8:14 Quote
timlake wrote:
so sick of hotmail. account has been hacked 5 times and now it's been blocked.

didnt wanna change to gmail or a specific email cos of my subscriptions.
I used to get spam from you like every week. Haha.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 8:35 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
So I just got my latest video in Movies For Your Monday... Shit yeah!

and

Do i need a Nvidia graphics card to run Premiere? i heard somewhere that you do...?

Congrats dude!

Premiere CS5.5 and CS6 don't require specific NVIDIA cards to run, but Adobe certifies a select number of cards (Quadro and some GTX) which are used by the Mercury Playback Engine to play back your footage in realtime and drastically reduce rendering times. GPUs are much more suited to rendering and processing shapes than CPUs are, so you actually get a massive performance gain with Premiere that way.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 8:47 Quote
Anyone know if I can change out my Intel Integrated Garbage Graphics for a Quadro or something, so I can actually use the mercury playback engine?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 8:57 Quote
Or just get an nVidia card with at least 1GB (preferably 2GB) of vRAM and hack the Mercury Engine Wink

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 9:51 Quote
So I could install it alongside the Intel Graphics? Why would I need to hack the Mercury? I paid for Premeire.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 10:25 Quote
You hack the file that has a list of certified cards. GeForce are not "qualified", only Quadro cards are.

Its just a small .txt file. Then pour in the name of your card.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 10:31 Quote
natewynanscreations wrote:
Anyone know if I can change out my Intel Integrated Garbage Graphics for a Quadro or something, so I can actually use the mercury playback engine?

Are you on a laptop or a desktop. There's nothing you can do if you're on a laptop, if you have a desktop you can buy a certified Quadro or GTX to get Mercury Playback Engine acceleration.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:04 Quote
SpikeX wrote:

Are you on a laptop or a desktop. There's nothing you can do if you're on a laptop, if you have a desktop you can buy a certified Quadro or GTX to get Mercury Playback Engine acceleration.
Laptop Frown Could I just hack it with my Intel card?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:08 Quote
SpikeX wrote:

Laptop Frown Could I just hack it with my Intel card?

No.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 12:38 Quote
Frigs sake. Oh well, I guess I'll live.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 17:29 Quote
You actually can use a external GPU, but after buying the GPU, the fan and Power supply needed, you might as well invest in a new system...

JaseZ wrote:
StuHaight wrote:
JaseZ wrote:

So i should be installing programs (Pr Pro, adobe shit etc.) on my SSD?

yeah i sussed the graphics card stuff myself and it's legit.

LOL I think that's the whole point of an SSD. My 4 year old system functions so fast now with an SSD. Zero lag time with loading anything. I think you will be kicking yourself in the shins after a few months with a 60GB ssd.

sorry for my ignorance haha, not 100% intelligent with the internals of computers haha. alright i'll go with a 120gb then haha

cheers for the info

I am on a 80GB SSD for my Boot and a 500GB second HDD for storage in my laptop and I only have 6GB free on my SSD.. But they are so damn nice.. My 2 year old computer will boot from off to ready to use faster then any other new computer.. And the whole system is just much "snappier"..

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 21:02 Quote
This may sound dumb but what's a SSD?

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 21:05 Quote
tuboy95 wrote:
This may sound dumb but what's a SSD?

So Sick Dude.

I've got 120GBs of so sick dude.

Posted: May 14, 2012 at 21:14 Quote
I'm not a tech person sorry. Just wanna know, sounds kinda important...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023042
Mobile Version of Website