Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 23:40 Quote
natewynanscreations wrote:
Hardly...
Jase learned about rails, the california kid whosnameescapes me talked about races, 2 guys got video crits, and 2 guys got help with computer builds. That's better than usual I'd say.

And spike helped me with white balance and exposure too. It was probably the most helpful thing to come out of this thread.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 0:04 Quote
So really this has probably been the most productive 5 pages in this thread's history.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 0:05 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
Hardly...
Jase learned about rails, the california kid whosnameescapes me talked about races, 2 guys got video crits, and 2 guys got help with computer builds. That's better than usual I'd say.

So Sick Dude.

I think these are the kind of comments ebehn was referring to, Stu.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 0:10 Quote
david-hill wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

I don't see it mentioned anywhere on the site? :S

A short edit I uploaded earlier today is avaialbe in HD, guess it must be for new uploads? No announcement or anything yet though if that's what you mean, not sure why, been waiting years for it!!
The Aggy video has the option! Stoked me out! So much sharper! Now groms can't use the excuse "PB butchers the quality" haha.

Ah yes, new videos uploaded can be watched in HD. I thought people meant the HD Blog style...

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 2:12 Quote
Hardly...

To say the least i was pretty happy Wink hahaha

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:20 Quote
So I've been approached by the owner of a Fitness/Supplements company called Pro Athlete Fitness saying that he's talked to one of his sponsored riders (the last guy i filmed, Cameron Ryan) and is wondering if i would be interested in doing a shoot for a DH day. I believe it's for advertisement. Cameron thinks seeing as it's for the company/advertisement, I should be asking for cash to do this. Seeing as i'm still quite the amateur, i have no idea whether i should be asking for cash. If I do, how much should I be asking for?

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:24 Quote
Whatever you do, agree on the fee BEFORE you start any work, get it in writing, and maybe even get half before you start (sort of like a cancellation fee). Oh, and make sure they cover expenses for travel, food, accommodation, and any new equipment you might need.

Don't let them make out like they're doing you a favour by giving you work. You're doing them a favour by producing a video and promoting them.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:29 Quote
Kornowski wrote:
Whatever you do, agree on the fee BEFORE you start any work, get it in writing, and maybe even get half before you start (sort of like a cancellation fee). Oh, and make sure they cover expenses for travel, food, accommodation, and any new equipment you might need.

Don't let them make out like they're doing you a favour by giving you work. You're doing them a favour by producing a video and promoting them.

Alright cheers!, I can't image there'll be much travelling or accommodation... It's in the same city as where I am.

New equipment? jesus haha

One thing I am nervous about is the fact that i look like such a rookie with my Velbon tripod and kit lenses hahaha...

Still not sure how much i should be charging... It's just a single day.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:34 Quote
Ah, then it'll probably just be the filming and editing expenses then, haha.

Sometimes if they ask for a specific shot, say a wide shot and you don't have a wide lens, you'll either have to buy one, or rent it - for which they'd normally pay.

Depends on the length of the final video? Will there be any motion graphics or graphical titles needed? If it's just a day shooting and then a day editing, say maybe $400 NZ dollars as a good starting price.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:39 Quote
Kornowski wrote:
Ah, then it'll probably just be the filming and editing expenses then, haha.

Sometimes if they ask for a specific shot, say a wide shot and you don't have a wide lens, you'll either have to buy one, or rent it - for which they'd normally pay.

Depends on the length of the final video? Will there be any motion graphics or graphical titles needed? If it's just a day shooting and then a day editing, say maybe $400 NZ dollars as a good starting price.

Alright, cheers.

one thing though. I'm Australian hahahaha not kiwi Wink

Should i discuss the details with him then discuss/decide on the cost. I havent replied to him yet. Good old facebook messages.

One other thing. How do i go about actually ASKING for the money, to me it seems a bit upfront to ask/tell him that it'll cost him money.... Any good/polite way to do it?

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:46 Quote
Oh lol Around $320 then.

Yeah, find out exactly what they're after/wanting before you settle on a price for sure; there could be things they want that you're going to have to spend time preparing or whatever.

When you go into a shop, do you think it's upfront to ask the shop keeper how much something is? They're buying a product, whilst it might not be physical, it's still a product. After you've discussed what they're after, just say something like 'based on what you're after and the work I'll need to do, it's going to cost you...'.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 3:57 Quote
Kornowski wrote:
Oh lol Around $320 then.

Yeah, find out exactly what they're after/wanting before you settle on a price for sure; there could be things they want that you're going to have to spend time preparing or whatever.

When you go into a shop, do you think it's upfront to ask the shop keeper how much something is? They're buying a product, whilst it might not be physical, it's still a product. After you've discussed what they're after, just say something like 'based on what you're after and the work I'll need to do, it's going to cost you...'.

Alright! cheers for the info once again. I'll start discussing details with him now.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 4:05 Quote
No worries, man. Let us know how it goes!

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 4:22 Quote
Kornowski wrote:
No worries, man. Let us know how it goes!

I dont think it's for a few weeks. But i will definitely will!

This guy has some pretty large names in cycling (well here in Australia)on his team. One of them is Troy Brosnan. not sure whether he will be in attendance or not. He's probably racing WC's. But we'll see!

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 8:38 Quote
Anybody got suggestions for a name I could put at the start of my videos? Something kinda like ogproductions....that sounds really gay though haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028600
Mobile Version of Website