Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 19:44 Quote

Alright guys Shasta and I have been in the background working on a project that involves a group effort.

We are ready to kick off our small project of creating a 20-25 minute video of creating a large video that combine segments from other shooters, like yourselves, from around the world. The aim of the video is to show local film makers filming local trails, and giving the viewer a well rounded view of the surrounding town/city that includes a bit of culture and the way of living. No filming at bike parks. Target audience is everyone, so it won't be 100% riding.

If you feel like you've got the free time, hit me or shasta up at my email: StuHaightVideo@gmail.com, and I will send a proper document that has the treatment spelled out in a organized outline.

Right now we're thinking of asking 3 more guys.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 21:05 Quote
Stu when shooting that did you use any downloaded picture styles on your t3i or did you just use the preset ones?

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 21:21 Quote
mtbwoodtrails wrote:
Stu when shooting that did you use any downloaded picture styles on your t3i or did you just use the preset ones?

The camera owner did not download and install any picture profiles.

However, what I did was go with Standard, then in the "contrast" parameter I set it to minimum contrast.

In retrospect I thought the 'minimum' contrast setting was very weak.

Other than that though, that image is directly from the camera. There were only some places where the camera operator exposed a little hot and caused the singer's shirt to be a hair overexposed.

White balance was set to cloudy and I kept it there the whole time and the light progressively got warmer throughout the day. Shooting time was from 4pm until 9pm.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 21:25 Quote
Views: 141    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

On my HMC40 I had a 0.9 graduated ND filter to help with bringing down the overexposed sky on the very wide shot. Without it I would not have been able to extract any detail from the clouds.

We really lucked out that day. It thunderstormed the night before, and because of that the day was extremely clear with clouds. The following day it crept to 95 degreez and 100% haze of a sky.

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 7:43 Quote
Sent you an e-mail Stu.

@ Devinallan - Regarding software for beginners, I tried Premier Pro and Vegas 11 and found Vegas to be much friendlier. The learning curve for using Premier Pro is no joke.

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 12:38 Quote
hi question 1
what do people use to convert video

Question 2
what do people use to compress video

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 12:43 Quote
bestbikerboy wrote:
hi question 1

Question 2

Answer 1:
Save yourself the trouble and find a program that works with it natively.

Rant 1:
Include more information.

Answer 2:
Any video editing program now adays have a 'share' option, which contain presets that make the guess work simple, ie "youtube" or "facebook" presets

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 13:44 Quote
I use the apple

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 14:05 Quote
bestbikerboy wrote:
hi question 1

Question 2

1. Adobe Media Encoder

2. Adobe Media Encoder

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 14:13 Quote
virtumedia wrote:
bestbikerboy wrote:
hi question 1

Question 2

1. Adobe Media Encoder

2. Adobe Media Encoder

Haha so true.

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 20:57 Quote
Does anyone have a link to that video on here where that guy made an entire song just from the sounds with his bike????

It was on the homepage at one point about 8 - 10 months ago?

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 22:52 Quote
Ompalompa wrote:
Does anyone have a link to that video on here where that guy made an entire song just from the sounds with his bike????

Views: 61,180    Faves: 1,337    Comments: 153

Yes? no?

Posted: Jul 4, 2012 at 23:42 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
Ompalompa wrote:

[video]

Yes? no?
I remember it being a different one.

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 15:26 Quote
Here's a video from last weekend. Let me know what you think. I was also the first time I've had a proper chance to use my 60D and flycam.
Views: 5,569    Faves: 82    Comments: 6

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 15:29 Quote
Fusion95 wrote:
Here's a video from last weekend. Let me know what you think. I was also the first time I've had a proper chance to use my 60D and flycam.
Views: 5,569    Faves: 82    Comments: 6

Cool video but steadycam was way overused and too much slow mo. also the colours seemed a bit warm? It probably didnt help with the light being so patchy

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020808
Mobile Version of Website