Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 15:33 Quote
Fusion95 wrote:
Here's a video from last weekend. Let me know what you think. I was also the first time I've had a proper chance to use my 60D and flycam.
Views: 5,575    Faves: 81    Comments: 6

I thought it was good.

Straight to the point. Fair audio levels of music vs cam audio.

Don't do anamorphic crops unless you plan on stepping back an additional 20ft with every shot you do (you cut off half the image)

Could have worked a little harder on the opening.

Earthquake cam killed it because it was so stuttery and choppy viewing in normal speed at the end there.

Should have identified the riders if possible with a title slate or something.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 0:12 Quote
Fusion95 wrote:
Here's a video from last weekend. Let me know what you think. I was also the first time I've had a proper chance to use my 60D and flycam.

That was better than Dirt TV

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 0:13 Quote
elliot-graham wrote:
also the colours seemed a bit warm? It probably didnt help with the light being so patchy

It's called colour grading?

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 1:04 Quote
domino0 wrote:
elliot-graham wrote:
also the colours seemed a bit warm? It probably didnt help with the light being so patchy

I think the grading looks great. I'm guessing you used a LUT since some of the blacks were a little too crushed?

I think the anamorphic crop works pretty well, too. Always makes things look a little more hollywood, haha.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 1:22 Quote
domino0 wrote:
elliot-graham wrote:

I know what it is, i just didn't think it worked. As said, the blacks got crushed which didn't help in the patchy light and In my opinion the colours were too warm

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 2:30 Quote
domino0 wrote:
Fusion95 wrote:

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 2:54 Quote
Fusion95 wrote:
domino0 wrote:
Fusion95 wrote:

[video]
Thanks!
I enjoyed it too. Smile

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 15:05 Quote
Here's my first ever edit. We started with the intentions of making it a serious street/park edit, then he kept breaking stuff so it just became an edit for fun. It was kind of weird, too. First time filming, and first time using editing software.

Views: 2,474    Faves: 47    Comments: 20

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 15:52 Quote
trozei wrote:
Here's my first ever edit. We started with the intentions of making it a serious street/park edit, then he kept breaking stuff so it just became an edit for fun. It was kind of weird, too. First time filming, and first time using editing software.

Views: 2,474    Faves: 47    Comments: 20

Not really a comment on the editing itself but there seems to be horizontal lines that appear when there is any movement in the frame? Or am I just seeing things

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
elliot-graham wrote:
Not really a comment on the editing itself but there seems to be horizontal lines that appear when there is any movement in the frame? Or am I just seeing things
I'm seeing it too, now that you mention it.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 16:23 Quote
Thanks for the comment guys. I appreciate your opinions. I know there's a few things I could of done to make it better but a few things I didn't do on purpose (like identify each of the riders) because I didn't want to make it seem like I was copying dirt tv.

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 10:28 Quote
domino0 wrote:

NO it wasn't...

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 10:36 Quote
Yeah your camera is set to interlaced. 1080i is not better than 720p.

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 19:00 Quote
I'm browsing the Used B&H dept but having a hard time figuring what lens has what mount.

A Nikon D5000 for example has a "Nikon F-Mount", except when narrowing down lens choice options on the search results, only options I have are:

- "Nikon Autofocus"
- "Nikon Manual Focus (AI/AIS)"
- "Nikon Manual Focus (Non-AI)"

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Mount+Type_Nikon+Autofocus&ci=3018&N=4294247086+4294954754+4294954755+4294954756

If you see above, some lenses have a NOT for use with Digital Cameras. I mean what does that even mean?

Posted: Jul 10, 2012 at 20:16 Quote
Something I know about!

Okay, so older manual Nikon lenses have different metering systems and what not.

With your D5000, you can only meter (using the in-camera meter, of course) through lenses that are AF & AF-D (without autofocus because the body doesn't have it's own focusing motor) and AF-S, AF-I, VR, & G with complete control (metering + autofocus). You can mount pre-AI, AI, & AIS lenses on the D5000 (I do this, occasionally) BUT like I said, the camera cannot meter through them. If you've got an external light meter, super chill just meter off of that. You can also learn how to get decent exposure by assessing light situations. And you can also just guess cause it's digital so whatever.

There are lens and body compatibility tables out on the internet which can tell you exactly what lenses you'll be able to meter through or not.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025281
Mobile Version of Website