Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 10:54 Quote
It absolutely doesnt offer a £200 gain. At all. At all.Youre going to kneel down to compose that shot, youll kneel down to visualise it, youll kneel down to level the tripod and youll kneel down to put the camera on the tripod after doing so.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 11:09 Quote
Good points again! It was a pain trying to stop the glare on a fixed screen however, but can't imagine it being horrific all the time.

Though the 600d that Stu linked comes with a lens that's worth a lot more and will offer more versatility right away, even cheaper than getting a 550d body and the same lens, and then the flip screen is included?

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 11:16 Quote
You are currently in a "omg I'm so stoked on about-to-be-purchasing-new-camera" mode.

Let it sit for a week then decide.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 11:22 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
You are currently in a "omg I'm so stoked on about-to-be-purchasing-new-camera" mode.

Let it sit for a week then decide.

Ahaha yep! Being massively impatient doesn't help, and sitting on stuff never works 'cos you're not thinking about it then Razz

Cheers for all the advice though chaps

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 11:46 Quote
With my 550d i have a screen like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Stock-3-5-TFT-LCD-Screen-Car-Monitor-for-Reversing-Rear-View-Backup-Camera-/320917907866?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ab832a99a

yeh its gonna pretty shit quality, but it is useful to plug in to compose a shot from down low pointing up where you cant see the screen

something like that + a battery came to alot less then the difference i could get between a 550d and 600d (650d wasnt out at the time)

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:33 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Shit man you must be shooting in like pitch black. Id suggest the best way to deal with this is either shoot somewhere brighter and more exciting, or be more creative and shoot a snarlin cool underexposed section consisting of slomo shots of riders bursting through patches of sunlight

Well not really, I'm just pointing out that on an overcast day after like 3pm, the light isn't great in the woods..

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:34 Quote
elliotgraham wrote:
Muttley wrote:
Shit man you must be shooting in like pitch black. Id suggest the best way to deal with this is either shoot somewhere brighter and more exciting, or be more creative and shoot a snarlin cool underexposed section consisting of slomo shots of riders bursting through patches of sunlight

Well not really, I'm just pointing out that on an overcast day after like 3pm, the light isn't great in the woods..

Pine forest?

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
elliotgraham wrote:
Muttley wrote:

Well not really, I'm just pointing out that on an ANY day after like 11AM, the light isn't great ANYWHERE..

Pine forest?

UK.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:54 Quote
It is a pine forest yeah. It's not too dense either, just the light is crappy unless it's direct sunlight or early on an overcast day

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:58 Quote
Do they sell sunscreen over there?

I lived in Bamberg Germany for 2 years, man, long days felt so boring when it was cloudy.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 12:58 Quote
have you heard of the latest invention called a car? I hear you can get in one, and drive to a better location.

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 13:00 Quote
Milner you still in whistler?

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
gee-milner wrote:
get a contour

hahahahaahaha oh george

Posted: Aug 22, 2012 at 13:06 Quote
gee-milner wrote:
have you heard of the latest invention called a car? I hear you can get in one, and drive to a better location.

It's where all lf our trails are... Occasionally we go up the lakes and film. Light's never a problem up the hills, just rain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020359
Mobile Version of Website