Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 5:07 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
Aren't you going to add LE at the le beginning of every le phrase le?

Touche, touche le stu haight

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
Views: 1,793    Faves: 26    Comments: 12

Just a "teaser" so to speak of an upcoming video of mine, just need to film moar clips etc.

C&C always.

Cheers

something about your videos doesnt pop? erm more contrast in colour correction and more short cuts maybe? music seems decent now... i think you choose stuff that needs loads of close fast shots then make a flowy chilled edit...

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
Views: 1,793    Faves: 26    Comments: 12

Just a "teaser" so to speak of an upcoming video of mine, just need to film moar clips etc.

C&C always.

Cheers

something about your videos doesnt pop? erm more contrast in colour correction and more short cuts maybe? music seems decent now... i think you choose stuff that needs loads of close fast shots then make a flowy chilled edit...

Cheers man. I'll try and improve on that stuff when I finish it off Smile

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 14:36 Quote
I know this isn't great, but some tips and feedback would be highly appreciated Smile

Views: 1,528    Faves: 17    Comments: 20

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 15:08 Quote
bobj wrote:
I know this isn't great, but some tips and feedback would be highly appreciated Smile

i didn't mind it actually like the music and the low light look was cool (not sure if it was on purpose but still cool) some of the shots were a lil shaky maybe grab a tripod or a steadicam may be even more beneficial. also idk if it was just my computer but the slowmo was a lil choppy.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 15:17 Quote
tuboy95 wrote:
bobj wrote:

i didn't mind it actually like the music and the low light look was cool (not sure if it was on purpose but still cool) some of the shots were a lil shaky maybe grab a tripod or a steadicam may be even more beneficial. also idk if it was just my computer but the slowmo was a lil choppy.
cheers for the feedback Smile

i didn't film it, i just rode in it and edited it. but he said he was going for quite a flat, low look. it was his first time filming with the new camera so he's still getting used to it Smile

slowmo did turn out a little choppy. think it was how the footage was converted, will need to see if i can rectify that next time.

cheers!

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 16:25 Quote
tuboy95 wrote:
StuHaight wrote:
tuboy95 wrote:
Have any of you ever thought of using a surveyors tripod as the base for a camera crane?

Nope. They're not designed for 10+ pounds
well they may not be designed for it but they can hold atleast 150lbs cuz we have one at work and I can sit on it and its perfectly stable....

Dude if that's true then use it. Not sure why this is so complicated...

And the reason you don't make you foundation out of eggs is that it would take too many eggs.

Duh.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 18:53 Quote
filterzzzz yehhhhh

Views: 207    Faves: 0    Comments: 7

3 different filters (1x thread-on, 2x 4" by 4" glass)

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 18:58 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/287748/

C&C always.

Cheers

What you are talking about, is the fact that he shot smack dab in the middle of the day. Also, I like how he kept the DOF deep, no silly rack focusing sillieness.

A quick fix is to purchase a circular polarizer. The lack of color is not so much the camera, but the light that is casting down on objects then scattering everywhere. A polarizer will eliminate the reflections/haze.

Combine that with pure daylight being very very blue, 6500k, rather than the stock 5600k WB setting.

His footage reminds of where I film, because the sun is directly overhead. Go to canada or whatever, being so far north, and the sun is piratically at the most cinematic/low angle available.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 18:59 Quote
How many dollars?

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 19:01 Quote
Rambo1501 wrote:
How many dollars?

le Circular Polarizers? Not bad, but I would never spend less than $30, because then a cheep one can run the risk of really soften your image.

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 19:11 Quote
StuHaight wrote:
Rambo1501 wrote:
How many dollars?

Circular Polarizers? Not bad, but I would never spend less than $30, because then a cheep one can run the risk of really soften your image.

Alright

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 20:52 Quote
Views: 670    Faves: 8    Comments: 1

Finally rendered my video out small enough for pb. This is my third edit. Critics, go wild!

Posted: Nov 23, 2012 at 20:57 Quote
HAHA I conquered after effects! I figured out the error! MUAHAHAHA

Posted: Nov 24, 2012 at 3:38 Quote
Hey guys, I have a quick question if you don't mind.

My parents recently dug out a whole box full of tapes that they recorded on their trip round Australia with only a motorbike, a camera and a tent back in 1982.
This all sounds great, but the trip took them a whole year and there is a total of 12 hours of tape to go through. What i'm thinking of doing is importing and editing it tape by tape, then putting all the edited files together at the end. That way I won't end up with 12 hours of footage on my coputer...
I was just wondering in what format I should export each of the edited versions of the tape. It has to be exported a first time, then re-imported into FCP and then re-exported for burning to dvd and Vimeo.. What format would i need to use so that i can do all of this without loosing loads of quality ?
Thanks
-Jake

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026952
Mobile Version of Website