Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 8:28 Quote
It's the exact same sensor. 550D, 60D, and 7D all have the same sensor, thus same video quality. Glass is also a factor but from camera to camera its the same.

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 8:30 Quote
natewynanscreations wrote:
It's the exact same sensor. 550D, 60D, and 7D all have the same sensor, thus same video quality. Glass is also a factor but from camera to camera its the same.

ahhhh but he said 500d Razz

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 8:30 Quote
Ok, ok. I'm not looking to buy anyway, I'm just curious. I've been offered a 550d with a 50mm for £310, only issue is that the flash doesn't pop up. However this isn't a problem anyway because it'll mainly be used for video.

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 8:32 Quote
Or a 500d for £220 from my friend.

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 8:54 Quote
Get the 550D, so much better.

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 8:57 Quote
In that case, I wouldn't get it if I were you

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 9:13 Quote
Hmm, but I really dislike my current camera and I'm really wanting a dslr.

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 9:16 Quote
olly-geary wrote:
Hmm, but I really dislike my current camera and I'm really wanting a dslr.

save up still Smile

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 10:44 Quote
I shot with a 500 for a year and a half. Now on a 7d, there is a difference.

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 10:53 Quote
TAridingMTB wrote:
I shot with a 500 for a year and a half. Now on a 7d, there is a difference.

im pretty sure the double sensor's/processors in the 7d makes a huge difference then then singular

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 10:59 Quote
Worth buying a refurb camera?

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 11:04 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
Hey guys, i've got to do some editing for a school project. I need to re-edit some war films (apocalypse now redux and full metal jacket) into a short 5min video. I'm wondering how I can get the files into an editable format... Rip them from the dvd and then encode them in ProRes to edit ? I'm thinking that all that transcoding would ruin the video... Is there a way of buying them on iTunes and then somehow getting them out of the iTunes library and into Compressor 4...?

Anyone? I'm knee deep in shit if I can't do this...

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 11:37 Quote
natewynanscreations wrote:
I do, quality is the same as the 7D.

500d not 550d... juss sayin

Posted: Dec 9, 2012 at 11:39 Quote
JakeTheRake wrote:
JakeTheRake wrote:
Hey guys, i've got to do some editing for a school project. I need to re-edit some war films (apocalypse now redux and full metal jacket) into a short 5min video. I'm wondering how I can get the files into an editable format... Rip them from the dvd and then encode them in ProRes to edit ? I'm thinking that all that transcoding would ruin the video... Is there a way of buying them on iTunes and then somehow getting them out of the iTunes library and into Compressor 4...?

Anyone? I'm knee deep in shit if I can't do this...

DVDs are burned with scramblers so you cannot copy/paste easily and either way they would be .VOB files which only sony vegas (and maybe premiere) will take in natively as it is just a Mpeg2 codec.

You're better off finding pieces of the film that are uploaded somewhere on youtube (before they're noticed) and just use www.keepvid.com and download the .mp4 versions.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014225
Mobile Version of Website