Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 11:09 Quote
Yeah, good luck man. Are the video classes any good at your school in Australia? I'll be a sophomore in high school next year, and I'm signed up for a video class, but from what I've seen, they use the cheap Sony camcorders and don't know much about filming or cameras.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
vincesmith wrote:
Yeah, good luck man. Are the video classes any good at your school in Australia? I'll be a sophomore in high school next year, and I'm signed up for a video class, but from what I've seen, they use the cheap Sony camcorders and don't know much about filming or cameras.

My film class is great. They use old Panasonic AG 150's and some tape cameras, which are great for learning all about film. Really, the class isn't as much about the teacher as it is about you getting school time to make films and have to hand them in on a deadline. It kinda simulates a job in the industry.

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
I knew more about video gear and whatnot than my instructor in HS. After our first project he made a deal with me that if I helped him come up with project ideas and help other students I didn't have to take any of the tests or finals... I accepted haha

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 17:52 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
Okay lads, need some creativity from you here!

For a school project me and a mate want to use this song but we're struggling a little bit for ideas for a story line (has to be some sort of narrative), we are currently thinking something along the lines of a suicidal person standing on a ledge and as they're about to jump or whatnot, having a bunch of flashbacks from their life, but this might be hard to film. Also, not keen on any dialogue as our arsenal of good actors is slim.

But in all honesty. What's the time length have to be?

Less than 5 minutes!

Yeah Media Studies is rad where i am, the two year 12 teachers know their stuff and we've got some good gear if we need it, but both me and my mate have our DSLRs so we're just running with them

In year 10 we use the shitty sony camcorders but thats just so kids who have no prior knowledge can get a grips to them!

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 18:07 Quote
vincesmith wrote:
we are gonna own that class vince

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 18:08 Quote
rhoddyjensen wrote:
vincesmith wrote:
we are gonna own that class vince
Yep. Rhoddy we need to teach Mr. Bland how to use a Glidecam properly haha

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
GoPro Woes

Gonna have to add to Bryans GP woes.

Does anyone know what's the issue here?
I'm thinking it might have been the wifi connection to my tablet.

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 4:48 Quote
Hi All!

I just bought my first ever gopro camera (hero 3 black edition), and I want to order a new full face helmet, cause my old 2007 Giro Remedy is worn out. I found a Troy Lee D2 helmet, a model 2009. My question is: is a relatively old helmet like a '09 D2 compatible with the curved helmet mount? My old Giro is not, because of its shape at the top of the helmet.

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 4:57 Quote
epavichthesavage wrote:
GoPro Woes

Does this happen all the time? If this just happens on a few shots or once in awhile it could be a corrupt memory card. I had something semi-similar happen. The other thing could be an interlacing problem. But that doesn't really look like interlacing to me... Just give more details

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 11:04 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
epavichthesavage wrote:
GoPro Woes

Does this happen all the time? If this just happens on a few shots or once in awhile it could be a corrupt memory card. I had something semi-similar happen. The other thing could be an interlacing problem. But that doesn't really look like interlacing to me... Just give more details

Well it's not my GP, unfortunately. Client work etc.
I don't believe it happens all the time. In fact this is the first time I've ever seen it happen with any of our Gopros.
I'm going to assume it's the Card because we can hook up another GP Black to a wifi connection and it'll work flawlessly.

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 11:39 Quote
epavichthesavage wrote:
BryanBobo wrote:
epavichthesavage wrote:
GoPro Woes

Well it's not my GP, unfortunately. Client work etc.
I don't believe it happens all the time. In fact this is the first time I've ever seen it happen with any of our Gopros.
I'm going to assume it's the Card because we can hook up another GP Black to a wifi connection and it'll work flawlessly.

Probably a memory card. Gopro says you should use the sandisk ultras. Which pisses me off because I bought my memory card off their website when I got my camera and now all of a sudden that card isn't good enough and I need to drop $99 on a 64gb memory card I'll probably lose after a week

EDIT: I meant they recommend San disk extremes

Posted: Jun 28, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
Yes, I have two micro SanDisk Ultras but only ones seems to avoid doing this, so perhaps I'll do a format of the card and see if that works.

If not..well. Back to Futureshop I suppose.

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 at 7:23 Quote
Check out a video I did this past weekend of a local race - I have to say, filming a live race is a lot harder than a planned gig with a single rider. Never know when people are coming etc. I ended up shooting most of it with my flycam and my 11-16 because I got sick of lugging tons of equipment around the mountain and missing shots with my 70-200.

https://vimeo.com/99568540

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 at 9:52 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
Check out a video I did this past weekend of a local race - I have to say, filming a live race is a lot harder than a planned gig with a single rider. Never know when people are coming etc. I ended up shooting most of it with my flycam and my 11-16 because I got sick of lugging tons of equipment around the mountain and missing shots with my 70-200.

Yeah, races are tough. I filmed a local XC race and I thought I wouldn't have enough footage because the course was so long... Good job at capturing it though!

Posted: Jul 1, 2014 at 9:57 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:

One thing I would say is that your video could benefit from some different music. So many people are using Odesza.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020813
Mobile Version of Website