Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 11:17 Quote
mdstampy wrote:
What editing software does everyone use? I need some recommendations please haha

I use FCP, honestly if I could go back in time. I wish I went with Adobe. I feel like adobe has a lot more capabilities with after effects and other attachments that easily work with one another. Im just too lazy to go back and learn a new system now haha

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
mdstampy wrote:
What editing software does everyone use? I need some recommendations please haha

post computer specs

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 18:40 Quote
mdstampy wrote:

If you have a macbook, iMovie is good and simple. Salute

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 19:14 Quote
mdstampy wrote:

Yeah, FCPX isn't a bad choice, especially if you're starting to get into it. Then again, that is if you have a Mac.

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 20:32 Quote
I recently got a GoPro as a birthday present, so now I want to start learning more about video. Knowing from my experience in photography that good camera work happens a foot behind the camera, I'd like to start with the most basic principles and slowly work my way up. Are there any books or other resources that you guys would recommend? Not so much on the technical side of things, but focusing more on the essentials of what makes good video.

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I recently got a GoPro as a birthday present, so now I want to start learning more about video. Knowing from my experience in photography that good camera work happens a foot behind the camera, I'd like to start with the most basic principles and slowly work my way up. Are there any books or other resources that you guys would recommend? Not so much on the technical side of things, but focusing more on the essentials of what makes good video.

I liked to watch a lot of videos on Vimeos Video School. They have some very helpful stuff kicking around for beginners.
https://vimeo.com/videoschool

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 20:52 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:

google

-or-

shoot and edit more

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 3:39 Quote
Views: 94,083    Faves: 1,053    Comments: 54
Does anybody know how to get the colour correction effect on this video on fcp? or know of anyway of getting it?

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 7:39 Quote
potateo wrote:
Does anybody know how to get the colour correction effect on this video on fcp? or know of anyway of getting it?
In simple terms, it is a flat image, meaning that the gamma range is basically compressed, and there isnt as much (if any) true black. You can make it look similar by turning up the shadows in FCPX.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
vincesmith wrote:
potateo wrote:
In simple terms, it is a flat image, meaning that the gamma range is basically compressed, and there isnt as much (if any) true black. You can make it look similar by turning up the shadows in FCPX.
thanks man

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
potateo wrote:

Finn! He's a good kid. Got to talk to him at Crankworx this year. He deserved the win too.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 14:19 Quote
epavichthesavage wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:

I liked to watch a lot of videos on Vimeos Video School. They have some very helpful stuff kicking around for beginners.
https://vimeo.com/videoschool

Thanks, that's helpful.

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 2:42 Quote
Views: 2,087    Faves: 26    Comments: 4
New Edit, thoughts?

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 5:08 Quote
That is super good! I wouldn't change or tweak a thing about it. Nice job! tup tup tup tup tup tup tup

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 5:09 Quote
TreyDownhill wrote:
That is super good! I wouldn't change or tweak a thing about it. Nice job! tup tup tup tup tup tup tup
Thank you! There is a few thing i wish i did but owell

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033618
Mobile Version of Website