Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: May 3, 2015 at 21:47 Quote
zackmastersphotagraphy wrote:
I got lotsa song ideas but have no idea what one to use, anyone wanna help?
Songs:
Chance the Rapper-Favorite Song
Talking Heads-Road to Nowhere
The River and The Road-Child with a Gun
Joe Walsh-Rocky Mountain Way
Alabama Shakes-Hold On
The Cramps-Cant Hardly Stand It
Cream-White Room
Glantis- Runaway
aaand thats it, any help would be great!!
completely depends on what kind of edit along with the lighting the riding style and just the overall feel

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 1:06 Quote
ebehn wrote:
Can we please go back to using music like this.

I havent used electronic music in ages and dont plan to again anytime in the future haha, i know the music in my video isnt the same sort of genre, but the same principle still applies i feel haha and so many people were stoked on my song choice in this video and i 110% stick to it haha

Views: 11,514    Faves: 120    Comments: 36

(shameless re-promotion of my video)

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 1:12 Quote
chasehiggins wrote:
chasehiggins wrote:
I ended up using the song because I couldn't find anything else and I'm posting on youtube not pinkbike so i don't think any of my viewers would have seen the other vid. I'l put the link up soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4dXpxIf9qI&spfreload=10 Please don't hate, I know its not the best.

Righto, i'm handing out some crit here too!

The video will flow a bunch better if you cut all the clips shorter, there's too much "nothing" at the start and end of a lot of the clips, next time also, try and get some camera movements in there too, like pans and tilts, just start with the basics! You'll get better the more you practice!

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 7:21 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
chasehiggins wrote:
chasehiggins wrote:
I ended up using the song because I couldn't find anything else and I'm posting on youtube not pinkbike so i don't think any of my viewers would have seen the other vid. I'l put the link up soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4dXpxIf9qI&spfreload=10 Please don't hate, I know its not the best.

The video will flow a bunch better if you cut all the clips shorter, there's too much "nothing" at the start and end of a lot of the clips, next time also, try and get some camera movements in there too, like pans and tilts, just start with the basics! You'll get better the more you practice!
Thats exactly what I was thinking. These things JaseZ mentioned will make your edit faster paced and therefore add a lot more action to your video and make it more entertaining to watch.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 9:49 Quote
JaseZ wrote:
ebehn wrote:

I havent used electronic music in ages and dont plan to again anytime in the future haha, i know the music in my video isnt the same sort of genre, but the same principle still applies i feel haha and so many people were stoked on my song choice in this video and i 110% stick to it haha

Two words, helllllz yeaaaaaaaahhhh

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 12:04 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
chasehiggins wrote:

Thats exactly what I was thinking. These things JaseZ mentioned will make your edit faster paced and therefore add a lot more action to your video and make it more entertaining to watch.
thank you all! This is my first edit so i am new to this.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 12:40 Quote
zackmastersphotagraphy wrote:
I got lotsa song ideas but have no idea what one to use, anyone wanna help?
Songs:
Chance the Rapper-Favorite Song
Talking Heads-Road to Nowhere
The River and The Road-Child with a Gun
Joe Walsh-Rocky Mountain Way
Alabama Shakes-Hold On
The Cramps-Cant Hardly Stand It
Cream-White Room
Glantis- Runaway
aaand thats it, any help would be great!!
Edit to them and see what works best. We don't know what your footage looks like so we can't tell you, even if we did it would be personal preferance anyways.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 1:02 Quote
ebehn wrote:
JaseZ wrote:
ebehn wrote:

Two words, helllllz yeaaaaaaaahhhh

haha cheers mang

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 21:17 Quote
Latest Edit!

Views: 8,977    Faves: 85    Comments: 13

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 2:44 Quote
I did another video.
Put it into a blog purely to see how easy it was to get onto regional front page. Was pretty easy haha

Have a suss!

Views: 1,348    Faves: 20    Comments: 6

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 3:04 Quote
my first short edit.. had to stop early because the chain snapt Facepalm Dead Horse

Views: 848    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

nice edits jaseZ tup

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 6:20 Quote
So after all that faffing about and coming back I finally finished an edit I started 3 years ago. Long story short, depression, self-loathing and weight-gain... followed by happiness, exercise and friends. Now I'm back!

Heres the link, password is unlock https://vimeo.com/127597220

If anyones keen I've started my own website www.tomcuthbert.co.nz where I'll be hosting my future edits as a professional portfolio as well as my main career (cheffing and shit).

Chur baes

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 10:43 Quote
tom-cuthbert wrote:
So after all that faffing about and coming back I finally finished an edit I started 3 years ago. Long story short, depression, self-loathing and weight-gain... followed by happiness, exercise and friends. Now I'm back!

Heres the link, password is dickbutt https://vimeo.com/127597220

If anyones keen I've started my own website www.tomcuthbert.co.nz where I'll be hosting my future edits as a professional portfolio as well as my main career (cheffing and shit).

Chur baes

Nice work man! Killer Vid

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 18:39 Quote
Where do you guys go to get your logos made? Or do you just design them yourself in Photoshop?

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 18:45 Quote
cbrider14 wrote:
Where do you guys go to get your logos made? Or do you just design them yourself in Photoshop?

I design it myself

here is my downhill team's logo i made

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048215
Mobile Version of Website