Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Oct 6, 2016 at 19:20 Quote
Edit i finally whipped together from the crankworx rotorua whip offs this year! If you are planning to come to rotorua, try come during crankworx.... Let me know what ya think
Views: 118    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 14:18 Quote
In the market for a new rig finally. Been rockin the 60D for six years now.
Now I'm torn between what to get.

Does anybody have any field knowledge about the stills on the new sony a7s and a7r series cameras? And if they overheat. Just in general, how good are they? What about specifically shooting MTB or skiing?

Also, looking at the new Canon 5d mark IV. Anybody know much about this rig.

Of course I have a soft spot for the fs7 and the new red raven.

I just need some opinions and more knowledge before I make a purchase.

Let me know if there are other cameras that would make a good buy.
I'm looking to make MTB vids for some companies that I already work with, as well as moving into more of a movie scene. My budget is capped at around 6k for the camera body.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
justiceondirt wrote:

Does anybody have any field knowledge about the stills on the new sony a7s and a7r series cameras? And if they overheat. Just in general, how good are they? What about specifically shooting MTB or skiing?

I'm looking to make MTB vids for some companies that I already work with, as well as moving into more of a movie scene. My budget is capped at around 6k for the camera body.

I was in a similar position recently. Owned a 60D for years and ended up getting an a6300. Video quality is great but here are some of my biggest gripes;
- Sony has terrible menus!
- Sonys software seems to be shit. It frequently freezes or shuts off
- I had a lot of canon lenses and even with an adapter don't expect the auto focus to work well

Overall I wish canon would step their game up at match the competition for video quality on their DSLRs.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 16:55 Quote
justiceondirt wrote:

I totally agree with @BryanBobo and what he said. If your budget is "6k" (i'm assuming $6,0000 then definintly go for a more professional camera as well as a small dslr like the a6300 or gh5.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 18:33 Quote
Ryan-L wrote:
justiceondirt wrote:

I totally agree with @BryanBobo and what he said. If your budget is "6k" (i'm assuming $6,0000 then definintly go for a more professional camera as well as a small dslr like the a6300 or gh5.

Sony FS700 if your bidget is 6k!!!

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 19:59 Quote
morcombemedia wrote:
Ryan-L wrote:
justiceondirt wrote:

Sony FS700 if your bidget is 6k!!!

I remember when the FS700 was a game changer, and when the Odyssey 7Q was released, it got even better, but the form factor and ergonomics have always been horrible, and with the 7Q, its really cumbersome and, at times, unreliable. An FS7 or FS5 would be a much better choice these days. You could also go the DSLR route with A7S/II GH4/GH5 and spend the money you saved on camera support, lenses, lighting, grip, etc.

I 1st AC'd on a film recently that had a FS7 with Zeiss Standard Speeds as the A cam and a 4.6K USRA mini with Rokinon Cine Primes as the B cam (production couldn't afford anything matching), and I actually highly prefer the URSA. On paper, you'd think the FS7 is the better camera, but in practice I found the URSA to be much faster and simpler to use and actually delivered a better final image! So my suggestion is to rent the cameras you're interested in, shoot tests (or work them) and decide what suits your needs best. Don't read too much into spec sheets or the opinions of strangers on the internet!

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 9:11 Quote
Check out my latest video

Views: 15,428    Faves: 244    Comments: 37

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 20:04 Quote
BryanBobo wrote:
justiceondirt wrote:

I was in a similar position recently. Owned a 60D for years and ended up getting an a6300. Video quality is great but here are some of my biggest gripes;
- Sony has terrible menus!
- Sonys software seems to be shit. It frequently freezes or shuts off
- I had a lot of canon lenses and even with an adapter don't expect the auto focus to work well

Overall I wish canon would step their game up at match the competition for video quality on their DSLRs.

I bought the a6300 and initially had the same problem with the software being a little whack and autofocus being incredibly unreliable, but, I found out the problem was with adaptor I was using and not the camera itself. After I upgraded to a metabones adaptor from the fotodiox one that I had, the autofocus was snappy and worked every time and I no longer experienced any bugs in the software. I have also found that using the customizable buttons has made the menu issue much more manageable for me because after setting up my camera how i wanted it i only needed to access 3 or 4 options inside the menu on a regular basis.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 11:30 Quote
hello people here is my new video. I know its not bikes but tell me what you think

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 16:33 Quote
laynehip wrote:
Anyone making any Halloween themed bike edits this year?
Missed making one last year and plan to get started on this years. Looks like I am going to have to self-film everything sadly.
I am for sure. Got a great idea for costuming. Luckily, I will have one buddy help me out with both riding and filming.

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 7:56 Quote
This is kind of a farfetched question. Has anybody implemented MIDI data into video? A good example I can think of would be the iTunes Visualizer...

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 7:56 Quote
Saw you in the Photoshop thread as well. No one will watch your video if you spam it... Facepalm Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 8:18 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
Saw you in the Photoshop thread as well. No one will watch your video if you spam it... Facepalm Rolleyes
Not only there...

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 14:02 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
duckcrisps wrote:
Not only there...

Saw him in like every thread

Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
Views: 4,186    Faves: 54    Comments: 8

This is my latest video, I wasn't sure whether to go raw or not but it seems to have gone down rather well, though I do have a version with music which I think is pretty good too. Dirt Mag even picked it up earlier today which was super cool!
Feel like I'm starting to do the shots I've been wanting to do with my Glidecam.

You know what I just noticed when I was retrieving the url, at 1:17/1:18 I have an overlapping adjustment layer Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030793
Mobile Version of Website