Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Author Message
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
vi-collective wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
snip

try and have your colour profiles on each camera as flat as possible (minimum sharpness, contrast) this will help to make both cameras more neutral. also do some research about color correcting in post-production because you will need to do this if you dont have the option to shoot full manual in both cameras

I’ve lightly delved into colour correction I’ll look further into it once I’m home next Friday. I understand I want my shutter speed to be at roughly twice my frame rate any other tips?

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 14:49 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
vi-collective wrote:
liamthebadger wrote:
snip

try and have your colour profiles on each camera as flat as possible (minimum sharpness, contrast) this will help to make both cameras more neutral. also do some research about color correcting in post-production because you will need to do this if you dont have the option to shoot full manual in both cameras

I’ve lightly delved into colour correction I’ll look further into it once I’m home next Friday. I understand I want my shutter speed to be at roughly twice my frame rate any other tips?

ya thats correct for shutter speed, the biggest thing to making them look similar is just filming with as neutral lighting and colours as possible. make sure youre using the proper framerate (60fps should only be for super slow mo or looks really choppy at normal speed)

Posted: Jun 29, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
definitely do what @vi-collective said. I'd say to look into color profiles some and try to get the flattest look possible. as long as you have a capable program for coloring than you'll basically be able to make both colors look however you want them to. A lot of times when I'm trying to get a quick turn around for a client or anything else I'd like to get done quick I'll try to match the color and everything as best I can in camera and then put one of adobe's Looks over it with it turned down just so they both have the same general grade. Hope this helps

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 16:35 Quote
(Password protected)
Views: 87    Faves: 1    Comments: 0
This video is password protected.

A short edit I put together from very little footage. Any tips and feedback is greatly appreciated

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 7:38 Quote
liamthebadger wrote:
(Password protected)
Views: 87    Faves: 1    Comments: 0
This video is password protected.

A short edit I put together from very little footage. Any tips and feedback is greatly appreciated

sweet! For the drone stuff try to be more smooth with it. You started from a standstill in most of the clips and then when the riders came into frame you went full speed. Just try to start moving before they come into frame so it's more fluid. I'm not sure if you did any color grading after or not but it was very contrasty footage. Try to lower the contrast in camera in the picture profile settings and then you can add it later if you want. Last thing, anytime someone was talking it was a tad hard to hear them so try to lower the volume of the music when someone's talking.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 16:27 Quote
Trying to get back into bike videos again.. its been a bit. Gonna go shoot again at the same jumps tomorrow, any suggestions for this time?

Views: 1,727    Faves: 13    Comments: 2

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
Hey guys,
Here's trailer of my freeride project. Full movie in 5 days.

Views: 68    Faves: 2    Comments: 0

cheers!

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 at 8:10 Quote
I want to start doing more filming with fisheyes and older cameras to get the skate look. What cameras do you guys recommend for that?

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 8:29 Quote

This is one of my first real bike reviews. Let me know what you think. Thanks for watching!

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 1:17 Quote
Was wondering what people opinions on cameras are? Mostly for bike filming but also basically nature filming too. This is probably a spammed question on this thread, but I’m not sure wether to get an 80D or a second hand 7D or 5D MK3 for about the same price maybe another $300-400 more it’s nzd so not a huge amount but still large. I’ve been using a shitty mirrorless for awhile and I don’t have a lot of money hence why I’m asking, if anyone has someone better alternatives to mine it’d be appreciative

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 15:10 Quote
Mark-The-Mint-Man wrote:
Was wondering what people opinions on cameras are? Mostly for bike filming but also basically nature filming too. This is probably a spammed question on this thread, but I’m not sure wether to get an 80D or a second hand 7D or 5D MK3 for about the same price maybe another $300-400 more it’s nzd so not a huge amount but still large. I’ve been using a shitty mirrorless for awhile and I don’t have a lot of money hence why I’m asking, if anyone has someone better alternatives to mine it’d be appreciative

I bought a 5D mkii with 28-80, 70-210 and rode videomic pro all for $850 on craigslist its just older lenses and mic.

Look thoroughly through your local online used ads before spending money on something that will lose 75% of its value when you open the box

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 1:18 Quote
vi-collective wrote:
Mark-The-Mint-Man wrote:
Was wondering what people opinions on cameras are? Mostly for bike filming but also basically nature filming too. This is probably a spammed question on this thread, but I’m not sure wether to get an 80D or a second hand 7D or 5D MK3 for about the same price maybe another $300-400 more it’s nzd so not a huge amount but still large. I’ve been using a shitty mirrorless for awhile and I don’t have a lot of money hence why I’m asking, if anyone has someone better alternatives to mine it’d be appreciative

I bought a 5D mkii with 28-80, 70-210 and rode videomic pro all for $850 on craigslist its just older lenses and mic.

Look thoroughly through your local online used ads before spending money on something that will lose 75% of its value when you open the box
Yeah that’s how I’m getting the for good prices round 1100 NZD and I’m just torn between them

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 19:14 Quote
Mark-The-Mint-Man wrote:
vi-collective wrote:
Mark-The-Mint-Man wrote:
Was wondering what people opinions on cameras are? Mostly for bike filming but also basically nature filming too. This is probably a spammed question on this thread, but I’m not sure wether to get an 80D or a second hand 7D or 5D MK3 for about the same price maybe another $300-400 more it’s nzd so not a huge amount but still large. I’ve been using a shitty mirrorless for awhile and I don’t have a lot of money hence why I’m asking, if anyone has someone better alternatives to mine it’d be appreciative

I bought a 5D mkii with 28-80, 70-210 and rode videomic pro all for $850 on craigslist its just older lenses and mic.

Look thoroughly through your local online used ads before spending money on something that will lose 75% of its value when you open the box
Yeah that’s how I’m getting the for good prices round 1100 NZD and I’m just torn between them

the 5d is superior to the 80d overall, but it will also be more expensive in the long run. full frame lenses are generally more expensive and so are the bodies. the mk3 being a little older now would probably be your best option but definitely don't exclude mirrorless. it's way cheaper for the same quality. while canon does look better than any sony or panasonic without much grading, the price difference is much more than the quality. a sony 6500 is cheapish and very capable. not sure if this helps but feel free to ask anything else

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 15:46 Quote
Ryan-L wrote:
Mark-The-Mint-Man wrote:
vi-collective wrote:


I bought a 5D mkii with 28-80, 70-210 and rode videomic pro all for $850 on craigslist its just older lenses and mic.

Look thoroughly through your local online used ads before spending money on something that will lose 75% of its value when you open the box
Yeah that’s how I’m getting the for good prices round 1100 NZD and I’m just torn between them

the 5d is superior to the 80d overall, but it will also be more expensive in the long run. full frame lenses are generally more expensive and so are the bodies. the mk3 being a little older now would probably be your best option but definitely don't exclude mirrorless. it's way cheaper for the same quality. while canon does look better than any sony or panasonic without much grading, the price difference is much more than the quality. a sony 6500 is cheapish and very capable. not sure if this helps but feel free to ask anything else

Yeah I’ve considered mirrorless but what’s pushed me towards DSLR is the better stills and all that, as well as having RAW. And cheers for the info, if it helps I’m hoping to do some filming in a similar style to Calvin Huths stuff, with a more cinematic approach than just riding, and I know I’ll never be on that level but it’s the type of filming I’m leading to,

Posted: Dec 10, 2018 at 2:24 Quote
New to this group but not new to filming my own mtb edits. In fact i'm loving it and hopefully improving with every edit.
Here's the latest from a few progressions sessions i had with my buddies at a local bike park here in Stockholm, Sweden. Hopefully the stoke will tie you over until next park season!



 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031972
Mobile Version of Website